Escape to the Movies: The Wolverine

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I didn't like on what they did to Viper, Yukio, Silver Samurai, and the this version of "Wolverine and Japan" story. This made me like the Wolverine Anime much better... >_>

Would have named that movie Karate Creed myself... because of reasons.

Ukomba:
There were 12,022 Canadians living in japan in 2005. 15th largest non native group above France, Australia, Germany, Russia, Italy, ext. There also between 14,000 and 15,000 Canadian tourists who visit japan every month.

12,022? I'm not sure why you're citing that as a large number. You're talking about the population of around 6 highschools in the US.

In Japan, 98.5% of inhabitants are Japanese. .5% are Korean, .4% are chinese. All other nationalities combine to make up the remaining .6%. Of that .6% of the population, you're teling me that Canadians are the 15th in population there. Also, since when did 15th largest non-native group become a qualifier for there being a lot? Especially when the base statistic already has 98.5% of the population being the native population? Perhaps that number was a typo?

Additional question: Why did you go with 2005 numbers? We have 2012 numbers and there are only 9,000 Canadians living in Japan. Yes, they're still 15th but countries like the US and Peru each have over 5 times the number of immigrants Canadians. So why, exactly, should I expect to run into a Canadian when in Japan?

Lightknight:

Ukomba:
There were 12,022 Canadians living in japan in 2005. 15th largest non native group above France, Australia, Germany, Russia, Italy, ext. There also between 14,000 and 15,000 Canadian tourists who visit japan every month.

12,022? I'm not sure why you're citing that as a large number. You're talking about the population of around 6 highschools in the US.

In Japan, 98.5% of inhabitants are Japanese. .5% are Korean, .4% are chinese. All other nationalities combine to make up the remaining .6%. Of that .6% of the population, you're teling me that Canadians are the 15th in population there. Also, since when did 15th largest non-native group become a qualifier for there being a lot? Especially when the base statistic already has 98.5% of the population being the native population? Perhaps that number was a typo?

Additional question: Why did you go with 2005 numbers? We have 2012 numbers and there are only 9,000 Canadians living in Japan. Yes, they're still 15th but countries like the US and Peru each have over 5 times the number of immigrants Canadians. So why, exactly, should I expect to run into a Canadian when in Japan?

I'm not saying 12k is a lot, just that there are thousands of Canadians who do live in japan. Given Canada has a considerably smaller population than Germany, France, Itally, Russia, and Japan it's more likely for a Canadian to be in Japan than someone from most other countries. It's more likely for a Canadian to go to Japan than an American, given Canada is 1/10th the size of America and there are there are less than 5 times more Americans in Japan than Canadians.

The main point being that it's not strange for a Canadian Wolverine to go to Japan.

Bob could not shut up in like every single one of his avenues to the interwebs about how good (or at least necessary) Pacific Rim was to see, but unless you have a lot of hate on Wolverine as a character and a fetish for giant robots, I'd say the Wolverine was just as entertaining, if not as spectacular visually.

I guess I didn't watch enough robot anime as a child.

I'm not a comic book nerd or anything but ... what was wrong with the first wolverine film? Other than deadpool having swords in his arms of course.

I was entertained by it but I am not that critical of films, I just sit and stare like I am on the rapids, I just enjoy the ride. I guess most of you are analyzing the film, I assume (from watching media set in America) it comes from book reports.

I just don't get what the hate is towards wolverine, there were enough talky bits, enough actiony bits and everything was easy to follow, what more do you want?

This movie felt like it was just stalling until the last 15 minutes. MovieBob was accurate in my opinion.

Only, I wanted a better Wolverine v Ninjas scene. It started to get intense and then he just ran away...and kept running. Talk about blue balls.

I watched the movie tonight. Moviebob's assessment is pretty accurate; it isn't terrific, but it's still entertaining enough to be considered "good enough." Also, I spent the movie being pretty consistently bewildered by various characters' motivations. In fact, looking back, I still can't figure out what some of the characters were actually trying to do, and considering how the end turned out, I can't help wondering why the conspiracy plot was so needlessly elaborate.

Also, I'm a bit bothered by some of Moviebob's comments, but I can't say which ones or why because it would be spoilery. Suffice it to say that he misrepresents a couple of parts that (in my opinion) are better than he made them out to be.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and stick around during the credits for the Stinger. The audience applauded it in the theatre I was in. :)

Out of all the shot wrong with these movies. You guys not pick "bone claw". Sheesh.

Wait, so does this mean that we're not getting Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge?

This is an outrage.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or