LoadingReadyRun: Floating Solo

Floating Solo

In the quiet expanse of space, loneliness might be preferable.

Watch Video

Needs more Chris Hadfield.
Otherwise I guaranty one of you will be seeing Red LONG before you reach Mars.

That's one passive aggressive Astronaut. Who couldn't like cranberry juice monday.

Locked for more than a year in a small metal container with a True Blood fan.

I can guarantee it would end up being a solo mission if I was in Graham's character's place.

I thought most of the effects were well done, but you can see the string on the juice pouch.

Okay, so, obviously we have to link to these:

Meh, the current season of True Blood is not that great. I love the Vampire Concentration Camp bits, but Terry and Sam's side stories are boring as fuck. Also, Warlo? A huge disappointment...

The joke is that Canadians were chose to be Earth's ambassadors.

Heh, it remind me with one of the past Big Brother series where the contestents were mainly boring bunch of people until they added someone new just to argue with the lots to make it more interesting.

Was the juice pouch hitting Graham at the end scripted? He looks genuinely annoyed.

Of course you want free time! You can learn to play Major Tom on guitar.

I get the distinct impression that the juice pouch may have been under the control of a cackling Kathleen as it batted off Graeme's face. :p

Amazing how many people went with "I CAN SEE TEH STRING LOLOLOLOLOL"... Of course you can see the bloody thing, this isn't ILM. Who cares?

Space exploration - The most real of reality TV.

The special effects budget for this must have been out of this world.

Also, reading the credits, does this mean we get Leelee in this weeks Feed Dump?

Did I see paul in the background as well? Does that mean there will be another one of these? Sounds good.

thisbymaster:
Did I see paul in the background as well? Does that mean there will be another one of these? Sounds good.

Shh! That's DLC! ;)

Kristian Fischer:
Amazing how many people went with "I CAN SEE TEH STRING LOLOLOLOLOL"... Of course you can see the bloody thing, this isn't ILM. Who cares?

Of course you can see the string. That's how string theory works. When you are in space everything gets a string attached to them. Science!

(Joke provided by the facebook comments.)

Loved it, loved it, loved it. The ending was worth several good laughs. XD

That stray Cranberry juice can't be good for inner workings of the capsule...

Your sanity is best maintained when you have something to focus your hate on.

When I grow up I want to be just like Harris :).

So, LRR is siding with those who say the ISS should be sent into deep space after the end of its lifetime, eh?

Dango:
The joke is that Canadians were chose to be Earth's ambassadors.

Earth's ambassadors to Mars, mind you.

Kristian Fischer:

Agreed. I was going to say that I was most surprised that the only string I saw was the one on the juice pouch by Graham's face, but then I also realized that was a bit of an underhanded compliment. I mean, LRR's been slowly ramping up on the sophistication of their effects over the years. Why should I be surprised when their effects are awesome?

Also, did Harris ever mention the other dude's name? I can't even remember if he introduced himself in the opener.

I know I enjoyed watching this episode, but I bet James enjoyed it more than anybody else possibly could.

Reality TV shows IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

That's really what I got from this video.

... I feel so sorry for Graham. Hopefully he won't kill James before the end of the 20th day.

Somehow I feel only James could have been Top Kick on this skit...

The squirt effect would have been better if you shot Graham upside down, adjust the footage accordingly making it look like he's right side up THEN when he squeezes the drink the contents look as if there flying upward.

OT: loved the sketch, reminds me of Wayne & Shuster!

As soon as I saw the pouch hit Graham in the face, I went "Kathleen is controlling it".

Lo and behold, who was Object Wrangler #1... :P

This is even funnier if you know there's a mission to Mars being planned right now (by a private company) and since they want to send two people, but know the long period of isolation will require that they are familiar with each other, they're planning to send a married couple.

(It's a lot less funnier if you know they're planning to send an old married couple because there's a very slim chance that they'll be able to return.)

EDIT: But enough talk... Have Chris Hadfield!

OK, anyone else reminded of Rimmer and Lister from Red Dwarf?

So many lulz in this episode. I really liked the floating juice container bit. Especially Graham's face when it bumps into him at the end.

KarmaTheAlligator:
OK, anyone else reminded of Rimmer and Lister from Red Dwarf?

Yeah, the whole "stop making that noise with your mouth" part reminded me of that. Nice little tribute there.

I also found it amusing that they just happened to have some alfalfa lying around for that experiment - you know, as you do.

Also, I see wires.

The string was noticeable but it didn't matter. I was too busy hoping Graham would kill James.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here