Escapist News Now: Activision Blizzard Buys Themselves For 8 Billion

Activision Blizzard Buys Themselves For 8 Billion

Activision Blizzard made a deal with Vivendi for the price tag of around $8 Billion dollars.

Watch Video

Activision was a tumor in the game industry, but it was wrapped in its bubble of corporate ownership.

Now it's become cancerous. With Vivendi 88% out of the picture, nothing's stopping it from taking over the world.

Do you hear what I am saying? We're doomed! DOOMED!

On a side note, I'm starting a post-industrial garage band called MalignantVision. Anyone care to join?

Whether this turns out to be a good thing or a bad thing...or maybe just a thing, will be seen in time. Hope ActiBlizz makes the most out of it.

RaNDM G:
Activision was a tumor in the game industry, but it was wrapped in its bubble of corporate ownership.

Now it's become cancerous. With Vivendi 88% out of the picture, nothing's stopping it from taking over the world.

Do you hear what I am saying? We're doomed! DOOMED!

On a side note, I'm starting a post-industrial garage band called MalignantVision. Anyone care to join?

That's really unfair to tumors. On another note, won't you all join me in hoping that after all the employees have gone home, the building that contains all the code for CoD gets hit by a meteor and on that very day everyone forgets to back up everything? Because as it stands, that's pretty much the only way the gaming industry can be saved.

Well lets see, this either means things will improve they'll actually start making games... or more likely they'll double up on the microtransaction gouging to quickly make back that 8 billion.

BigTuk:
Well lets see, this either means things will improve they'll actually start making games... or more likely they'll double up on the microtransaction gouging to quickly make back that 8 billion.

Thar she sucks!

Come on, this is Activision, what else would you expect?

RaNDM G:

Or perhaps to self destruct in a monumentally majestic blaze of failure without having someone to occasionally reign them in.

And be fair.. Activision used to be awesome...... Back when Kaboom! was still relatively cool.

now Disney buy the blizzard side of things and give it to Pixar and let blizzard and pixar do what they are both best at. making movies

Roxor:

BigTuk:

Thar she sucks!

Come on, this is Activision, what else would you expect?

A guy can dream can't he? If only briefly. It's always sad when a revered game company sells out and starts crippling itself with it's need for money. Then again, if they weren't so greedy I might still be playing WoW, I might have actually bought D3 ... or SC2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here