Miracle of Sound: The Crush (Pacific Rim)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Gav, this is exactly the song I need right now. Thank you so much. :')

\m/ WOOOOOOOOOOO! \m/ Way to go Gavin! This song feels like it jumped right out of Pacific Rim's OSC to robot-rocket-punch me in the face with it's pure awesomeness!

cynicalsaint1:
Something very NIN-sy in the main riff.
I dig it.

Did NIN (or just Trent Reznor) do some work on the movie's score? It now sounds like it.

Going to see the movie tomorrow, hope it lives up to this amazing adrenaline-pumping beast of a tune.

Every time you release a song, I think it's my favorite or your best work to date. Then you go and release another, and another, and another, then 'Beneath the Black Flag' (which I am still addicted to listening on repeat) and now this! An amazing[1] song to a fantastic film!

[1] Unfortunately there's only so many times you can use the terms; brilliant, fantastic, amazing etc before they feel a bit meaningless to describe your work. It's way beyond brilliant, fantastic or amazing!

The song with the imagery is just freaking amazing! I know nothing is perfect, but this has got to be darn close!
:D Well done!

I'll freely admit, I didn't really care for Pacific Rim, and I find that I like it less and less the more I think about it.

But fortunately we got this song out of it, so that warms me to it somewhat.

The feel of the song is kind of like walking in a mech, or what I would assume it would be like, but I don't know if it was intentional or not.

Great song there Gav, and it seems like you've had one hell of a month of great tunes! :D

What's "the crush"?

One of these days I am going to have some insightful things to say to express how much I like your music Gavin...when I think of how to properly express it.....one of these days. :)

Akalabeth:
What's "the crush"?

I'm kinda wondering the same thing here. And I saw the movie.

Chessrook44:

Akalabeth:
What's "the crush"?

Only thing I can figure is that it's "blue crush", presumably referring to the waves of the ocean. But that's assuming blue crush is some colloquial term and is just used in both the movie and this song.

Okay, I might have been listening to this on repeat for maybe around four hours.

MAYBE.

But just because I've been mentally designing my own Jaeger for the past few days, just because I've been talking about them online, just because I've read the book of the film's making a few times already doesn't necessarily mean that I'm getting a wee bit obsessed with Pacific Rim.

That said, I do love you people for making this. Although "crush" is puzzling me.

THis song in one word: "Ooomph"

Really good song, if I were a Jaeger pilot I would have this song blasting when I'm killing Kaiju. (if you can hook an ipod up to a Jaeger hat is)

Akalabeth:

Chessrook44:

Akalabeth:
What's "the crush"?

Only thing I can figure is that it's "blue crush", presumably referring to the waves of the ocean. But that's assuming blue crush is some colloquial term and is just used in both the movie and this song.

'The Crush' just means the fight between a Jeager & a Kaiju :)

My favorite songs by you before where Necromorph Soup, The New Black Gold, and The Best I Can.

.. This here, is my new favorite song above all the ones i've listed. That means, you've managed to make a song that even tops my favorite Necromorph Soup. Wow... you're something else dude. Plus I LOVED how you added such an addicting beat that I couldn't help but replay it. My favorite part... the rocking metal solo near the end. That was beast!!!

I was wondering when you were gonna make a Pacific Rim song, and I wasn't disappointed.

Great job as always : )

MiracleOfSound:

VectorZero:
It's been a good month!

Where do you find your artists for the cover art?

Each artist's page is linked on the song page on bandcamp: http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/track/the-crush

Alyona Maksimova is the most regular one, she works fast and does amazing stuff. Alfred Khamidullin does the Level album covers and Zack Finrock does the more cartoony ones like Niko It's Your Cousin!

Actually, I was wondering how you started working with them. I'm going to assume there's a secret internet bar for creatives where you all drink small drinks, smoke long cigarettes and plot the downfall of the corporate art industry :P

Awesome song, I have listened to it a dozen times already.

As a side not, Maybe it was just me but when I first saw Mako in a trailer I thought of Faith from Mirror's edge.

You know what this song has been reminding me of for a while now? The propaganda and merchandise in the flashback near the beginning of the film. Painting a rose-tinted view of being inside a Jaeger.
It's like it's a piece of propaganda from within the Pacific Rim universe to recruit more potential Jaeger Rangers.

Might just be me, but it's a neat concept.

VectorZero:
Actually, I was wondering how you started working with them. I'm going to assume there's a secret internet bar for creatives where you all drink small drinks, smoke long cigarettes and plot the downfall of the corporate art industry :P

hehe, actually I found them on twitter :D

JSF01:
Awesome song, I have listened to it a dozen times already.

As a side not, Maybe it was just me but when I first saw Mako in a trailer I thought of Faith from Mirror's edge.

I thought the same. I think it's the hair!

I listened to it again and it is pretty good, it just didn't have BOOM impact I was expecting for a Pacific Rim song. It's good montage music, and I could see it as background music before the fight, it just didn't reflect the combat in any way.

So, not bad; just not what I was expecting.

Hey Gav, have you ever posted (for sale or just for the heck of it) the instrumental/non-vocals version of your songs? Some of them would make most excellent background music for RPGs or other activities where you don't want the words to distract from another focus.

This song is just fantastic.

That was awesome, kudos to the video guy on this one, the choice of clips was astonishing.

A fantastic song, Gavin, to go with a fantastic movie. I said Beneath the Black Flag was your best song so far on it's discussion page, but this one has upstaged it. It's original in lyrics, tone, and melody, and while the song is similar to the OST, it doesn't copy anything, like The Spy Who Survived. As well as being original, it is also FANTASTIC. Keep up the good work, and congratulations on making a song which is probably your best since Level 3. Hope you upstage yourself, and bring on the good music.

So, I'll repeat what near everyone else has said: Song was awesome and the video mix was excellent.

And add that while I hate movies and I'd like to see this one thanks to you and the crew. :)

Loved it! Bought it! Reminded me how much I wanna go see Pacific Rim again.

Gavin why must you make such epic songs?!?!? You are a public safety risk! You keep releasing songs as awesome as this and soon everyone will just be consumed by a need to have explosions behind them at all times in slow motion gun fights while fighting giant monsters. You are a danger to society!

That was an epic song, quite fitting for this badass movie.

Great work Gavin!

walsfeo:
Hey Gav, have you ever posted (for sale or just for the heck of it) the instrumental/non-vocals version of your songs? Some of them would make most excellent background music for RPGs or other activities where you don't want the words to distract from another focus.

I would also buy instrumentals of a lot of these songs

I can't stop listening to this, it's just fantastic! The lyrics, even by your standards, are pretty damned good. Especially liked the beat running through, like the massive thumping of battlemech boots!

Dryk:

walsfeo:

I would also buy instrumentals of a lot of these songs

Here-here.
I'm making a few games and Gav's back catalogue could pretty much be my entire soundtrack.

This is great. I've been playing it over and over for the last day.

I really like the vaguely chiptune-like bit that runs in the background throughout the song.

I can honestly say that this is probably the first song that I bought that is part of Level 4. Incredible song Gavin, keep up the incredible work.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here