Unskippable: Atelier Ayesha

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Atelier Ayesha

Graham and Paul take us on a long and unnecessarily winding road.

Watch Video

On the plus side at least this girl doesn't blow things up... so far.

Well this guy is different from the academics you've met Paul
he's a Rhodes scholar.

It took me a while to realise that the "Oink-Mooo"s were actually in the game and not coming from you guys.

Also, did the scholar's voice sound familiar to anyone else?

This game has the best sound effects I have ever heard.. Oink-moo just kept me laughing for some reason..

Ernie Lyttleton... Nice gag, Mr. and Mrs. Lyttleton. Sure makes for awkward salary negotiations. I'm guessing, his dad's name is Richard.

Oink mooooooooo!

I hope they keep making Atelier games, because every Unskippable of those is comedy gold.

And I thought the mysterious scholar looked kinda like Paul, I was hoping they'd comment on that.

canadamus_prime:

Yeah, the moment they showed her doing synthesis I immediately thought "cheapo explosion effect in 3... 2... 1..."

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

Yeah, the moment they showed her doing synthesis I immediately thought "cheapo explosion effect in 3... 2... 1..."

But which is worse, casually forgetfulness or cheap/silly explosion? I know I'd rather have a character mess up and it explodes rather stupidly than a character forgetting everything it seems. >_>

LordOfInsanity:
But which is worse, casually forgetfulness or cheap/silly explosion? I know I'd rather have a character mess up and it explodes rather stupidly than a character forgetting everything it seems. >_>

It seems that young girls suffer from a crippling condition where hunger shuts down their brains and makes them abandon everything and go into feeding mode. Recette does the same.

Captcha: that's hot

Um... Not really my thing. But whatever floats your boat, captcha.

RyQ_TMC:
Oink mooooooooo!

I hope they keep making Atelier games, because every Unskippable of those is comedy gold.

And I thought the mysterious scholar looked kinda like Paul, I was hoping they'd comment on that.

canadamus_prime:

Of course of the 4 Atelier girls we've seen it was only Totori that blew things up.

BTW what the hell does Atelier mean anyway?

LordOfInsanity:

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

But what if casual forgetfulness causes cheap/silly explosions?

canadamus_prime:

Of course of the 4 Atelier girls we've seen it was only Totori that blew things up.

It was an experience which defined a generation.

BTW what the hell does Atelier mean anyway?

An artist's workshop. Or just a workshop, if you're French.

Oink moo!! might be my favourite animal sound ever. Seriously, every time that line came up I was in stitches.

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

It's interesting to note that Totori apparently becomes Meruru's instructor, but Meruru doesn't blow anything up.

RyQ_TMC:
An artist's workshop. Or just a workshop, if you're French.

So the title is Workshop Ayesha?

canadamus_prime:

Exactly. Which makes sense, considering the focus of the series. Even if it sounds a bit weird.

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

Exactly. Which makes sense, considering the focus of the series. Even if it sounds a bit weird.

Except how does that work with Atelier Iris 3? That didn't seem to involve a workshop of any kind. At least not from the intro anyway.

"...hey..."

Man, it's always the little things that get me. XD

I can't pinpoint who's playing the girl and it's driving me nuts. I wanna say it's Michelle Ruff.

Ayesha, huh? So the girl that Another Bad Creation sang about has her own alchemist's workshop now?

canadamus_prime:
Except how does that work with Atelier Iris 3? That didn't seem to involve a workshop of any kind. At least not from the intro anyway.

Well, it is the name of the series, so it makes sense that a game set in the same world would be using the same name regardless of the original reason for naming. Maybe it also shares characters with other games in the series.

Baldur's Gate 2 doesn't feature Baldur's Gate. But it's a sequel to a game which does.

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

Well, it is the name of the series, so it makes sense that a game set in the same world would be using the same name regardless of the original reason for naming. Maybe it also shares characters with other games in the series.

Baldur's Gate 2 doesn't feature Baldur's Gate. But it's a sequel to a game which does.

It doesn't? Oh ok. I guess that works.

"Why isn't he running?"

Less than a minute in and I laughed out loud.

For clarity sake, they could at lest be like ???1 and ???2.

Or even ???4. Keep us guessing.

Oinkmoo!

Love the Unskippable series on Atelier games. Just how many are there of those games?!

Zhukov:
It took me a while to realise that the "Oink-Mooo"s were actually in the game and not coming from you guys.

Also, did the scholar's voice sound familiar to anyone else?

Oh thank god, it wasn't just me.

And yeah, the scholar's voice is familiar. He voices quite a few people in various anime series, and a bit from games. He gets around.

Ahhh, you know you're in for a good Unskippable when its an Atelier game. Seriously, there have been like 5 of these games now. Why are the cutscenes still so low budget?

canadamus_prime:

RyQ_TMC:

canadamus_prime:

It's interesting to note that Totori apparently becomes Meruru's instructor, but Meruru doesn't blow anything up.

No, Meruru did once screw up and explode something.

So anyway, I was waiting for an Unskippable of this game just to say this:
I think "Oink-Moo" would've been a good name for the 50/50 burger.
The burger where the meat is a 50/50 mix of ground beef and ground bacon.

Keithgriff (the scholar) was voiced by Richard Epcar (Batou in Ghost in the Shell). Needless to say, the game is badass just cause he's in it. I did just use Atelier and badass in the same sentence. Ayesha is definitely not Michelle Ruff. Ruff does play someone else in the game though.

OINK-MOO!

I so don't get the point of these games. I was laughing at the video, not because of anything Graham or Paul said, but more of how middle school shy girl fantasy this is.

Always wanted to buy these games because the art does look beautiful(the special event pics) and even though I did watch all the unskippable atelier takes, it still makes me want to buy them.

Except for this one since not even the fans seem to like it much.

Pig-cow sounds like an animal from Avatar:TLA.

Was Graham laughing everytime Oink Moo came up or was that a sound effect?

How does Paul know lots of scholars?

That animal thing should have been a cowpig, it would have been much cuter that way.

Johnny Novgorod:
Love the Unskippable series on Atelier games. Just how many are there of those games?!

They crank them out on a yearly release cycle. This is number seven of the mainline English releases, it seems to be setting into a third trilogy. But there's also a bunch of PS1 and PS2 releases that were never localized, plus handheld entries, and the spinoff Mana Khemia series...

I hope they never stop. Gust JRPGs make for the best Unskippables.

With the dark mysterious elder male figure, the on-key flute guy and dialog not using still images with text boxes I was worried this wasn't going to be a true Atelier game... Thankfully it wasn't so.

Roofstone:
This game has the best sound effects I have ever heard.. Oink-moo just kept me laughing for some reason..

Some reason? You mean you don't know why it's funny? Oink mooooo is about as close you can get to objectively funny.

Like I might actually buy the game just so I can have more oink mooooos in my life. How fun is the actual game, anyway?

Strife2GFAQs:
Keithgriff (the scholar) was voiced by Richard Epcar (Batou in Ghost in the Shell). Needless to say, the game is badass just cause he's in it. I did just use Atelier and badass in the same sentence. Ayesha is definitely not Michelle Ruff. Ruff does play someone else in the game though.

OINK-MOO!

I thought that was Epcar as the older guy! I thought Ruff was the narrator in this game.

RatherDashing89:

I think it is. There's that farm with a whole menagerie of pig-hybrid animals.

Darth_Payn:

RatherDashing89:

I think it is. There's that farm with a whole menagerie of pig-hybrid animals.

Oh no. Oh no. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I
What have you done????

I just remembered that episode. It was called Zuko Alone. I did not need that level of feels this early in the day.

I really hope you guys play through every Atelier game you've bought someday.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here