LoadingReadyRun: The Fountain

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Fountain

Some men will stop at nothing to unearth the world's secrets. Others will.

Watch Video

Aw. The adventures have to go back to their desk jobs.
Well, they could just look for a new unfound legend, I guess.

Lovin' that stinger guys. Nice work.

Archaeology classes - that's a thing?

EX-marks the spot before the word adventurer.

Wow, great job. Best video in a while!

Excellent writing, Paul. Until Jer the Contractor showed up, I thought the script was going to go in an entirely different direction.

This'll be the sketch I'm going to use to show what LRR is to people.
Stellar sketch this week guys.

Oh man. Jer's deadpan was perfect :)

Was the audio slightly out of sync for anyone else? The video seemed to be slightly behind.

More to the point: loved this one, one of the best :D

ewhac:
Excellent writing, Paul. Until Jer the Contractor showed up, I thought the script was going to go in an entirely different direction.

He was kept just out of frame perfectly. I didn't even suspect that there was more space to sit on that couch. I was even talking to the screen, "just blow it up already."

Definitely have to show this one to the family. (a bunch of construction developers. They love destroying nature!)

I did not expect Paul to honestly say "Ultra Illuminati" and I really did not expect Jer the contractor to show up and destroy Paul little mystery fun. Great job you guys.

Is it just me or does the sketch have a RE4 vibe? Mr. Saddler? The Illuminati? Archaeological excavation? Spain?

Imp Emissary:

Damn science for ruining it, though. Think of all those harrowing adventures ruined by shaped charges!

And think of all those Archaeology classes students must now attend!

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:

Damn science for ruining it, though. Think of all those harrowing adventures ruined by shaped charges!

And think of all those Archaeology classes students must now attend!

Must attend? F@#KING get to attend! ;D (Prof. Paul Rules!)

They should at least let him be there to see the dang thing though. I mean, he was the one who found it.

I've always appreciated the practical, educated folks with access to heavy, explosive, and/or advanced equipment.

"I solve practical problems."

"Look, I made a bridge! Took me what, 10 seconds. Eleven, tops." Just watched Atlantis yesterday, good movie.

Contractor Jer takes his job too seriously. You don't need to wear gloves indoors Jer!

Why wouldn't they let him be there? He was the one who found it in the first place?

You'd think his brother would have heard about as important a thing as discovering the fountain of youth.

you have to love drones, in x-com enemy unkown I only used drones once they were fully upgraded, long term flying, massive movement, good health, great damage and immune to psychic attacks, why wouldn't anyone use them, laughed my ass off in the final mission as the boss got killed in 1 turn followed by a brilliant cutscene where a man is shouting at air to get back to the ship.

Imp Emissary:

You say that now, but his heart won't be in it. He should be out raiding tombs and lost arks.

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:

You say that now, but his heart won't be in it. He should be out raiding tombs and lost arks.

He will learn to love it. Plus, he can take his students to look at all the things he finds now!

This was the best written LRR sketch I can remember. It is soooo nice to see an engineer soundly bash the dreams of an archaeologist. Pragmatismed!

Aw, I love it when Paul plays the wide-eyed optimist type, only to have his dreams and ambitions crushed in such a hilarious manner.

Imp Emissary:

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:

He will learn to love it. Plus, he can take his students to look at all the things he finds now!

The field trips alone would be worth the cost of tuition!

If Dan Brown were dead he would be turning over in his grave.
Since he's still alive he'll probably just request to be burred upside down.

It seems there's nothing the Ultra-Illuminatti have that we cannot take away.

At least they weren't Double Masons. Those are really hardcore.

Mikeyfell:

Of course! If he's buried upside down then mind's eyes shall face towards the Earth's core and... [one long ass pice of flimsy exposition later]... The Shroud of Turin is in Detroit!

Well written and highly amusing. Poor guys out done by technology...

Don Reba:
Archaeology classes - that's a thing?

Ya, they give you the skills you need to... teach archaeology classes.

So, just so we're clear- Jer is an agent of the ultra-Illuminati sent to dissuade Indiana Paul from deciphering the codex, right?

Timing is excellent.
I watched National Treasure 2 the other day (As part of a Nicholas Cage marathon) and as the ending unravelled and the bad guy showed himself to have no allegiance to his southern racist great-grandfather I thought to myself that it all would have been much easier if instead of coming up with a huge lie about Cages forefathers and then kidnapping people and all the other malarkey and even burning a historical artifact along the way that it would have been better to just go straight to Cage and say "My great-grandfather was a racist asshole and our family name has been stained for many years by his actions that included the death of your great-great-grandfather. I would like to make amends by working together with you and seeking a treasure that will have great historical and monetary value"

And then I thought a little more on the first movie (the plot of which had already started blurring like a strange dream by that point) and remembered that money was the ultimate goal of Eddard Starks character. Then at the end we see that just 1% of that is enough to make Cage, his kidnap victim and "the tech guy" financially set for life.
Why the need for the subterfuge? Oh yeah there was a complicated thing about the Declaration of Independence but if the evidence on the boat hadn't been destroyed when Sharpe tried to kill Cage then the story would have had much more credibility and they could have pulled it all off legitimately.

I am gonna have to go back on Jones and Crofts series of treasure hunting adventures to see if they could have worked out to everyones benefit if only someone didn't try to screw the next guy over. (Yes, of course "...except for the Nazis")

Loved it! You keep managing to outdo yourselves in ways I can't predict.

I felt so sad for Paul. He looked so disappointed that his chances of going on wild, Indiana Jones-esque adventures was crushed by the practicality of 2013 technology.

... But at least we got the fountain now.

... Seriously, that was a pretty funny sketch.

Johnny Novgorod:
Is it just me or does the sketch have a RE4 vibe? Mr. Saddler? The Illuminati? Archaeological excavation? Spain?

I was thinking Uncharted, myself. (Even if I've never played the game before.) Or maybe even National Librarian, or whatever the series is called. They all have brown haired guys as lead characters, right?

Blackout62:

Mikeyfell:

Of course! If he's buried upside down then mind's eyes shall face towards the Earth's core and... [one long ass pice of flimsy exposition later]... The Shroud of Turin is in Detroit!

I wish I could +1 or upvote this.

I would totally watch the Adventures of Victoria Paul... or would he be Columbia Paul... British Columbia Paul just sounds awkward... Is Paul originally from BC? Maybe there's a workaround... Yukon Paul sounds pretty badass... so does Manitoba Paul... despite Manitoba being well... Manitoba...

DVS BSTrD:
EX-marks the spot before the word adventurer.

You get an internet for that good sir.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or