Escapist News Now: The Ships of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

The Ships of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Andrea Rene flew around the world to Ubisoft Singapore to get a behind-the-scenes look at Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. While there she spoke with the development team about the design and mechanics of the fleet of ships in Black Flag, including Edward Kenway's The Jackdaw.

Watch Video

I wish to have a Man of War to drive in this game. I'd like very much to have 46-51 gun broadside.

The only game where i can get that fix is Pirates of the Burning Sea...

Guess i want a ship game rather than an Assassin game lol.

"Based on historical accuracy"
Translation: Basically fantasy.

In regards to pirates even romantic and glorifying fantasy...

Haven't played AC3 since AC got boring a long time ago but their ship combat looks rather "easy". Might be their video cut but it always seems like little more than one broadside and the enemy is pretty much done for...

Ishigami:
"Based on historical accuracy"
Translation: Basically fantasy.

In regards to pirates even romantic and glorifying fantasy...

Haven't played AC3 since AC got boring a long time ago but their ship combat looks rather "easy". Might be their video cut but it always seems like little more than one broadside and the enemy is pretty much done for...

That wasn't really the case in AC3. In fact, the naval combat was one of the few really good things about that game (this is coming from someone who teaches sailing professionally and has at least some interest in historic boats). It was complicated enough that I could appreciate it, while simple enough to be easily picked up. I'll probably pick up AC4 once the steam price drops a little bit, because I was severely disappointed with Ship Simulator Extremes.

Loved the naval combat in AC3 so this is awesome.

I will point out however that a Jackdaw is in the Corvid family which also includes crows, ravens, rooks, jays, magpies, treepies, choughs and nutcrackers. Not eagles.

I'm really excited for AC4. AC2 was a great experience, but AC3 didn't really catch my attention. I love me a good wooden ship naval battle, so I'm excited for this one. Looks like they've put quite a bit of thought into it. It looks challenging but relatively simple.

Blunderboy:
Loved the naval combat in AC3 so this is awesome.

I will point out however that a Jackdaw is in the Corvid family which also includes crows, ravens, rooks, jays, magpies, treepies, choughs and nutcrackers. Not eagles.

Tell Ubisoft.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here