Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Straw Beast

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Straw Beast

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Sweet! Now we know that Yatzhzee has a new creepy Lover from Horror, and we know where dear Jim stands in the ongoing rabble about "Tropes vs. Woman" thing.

Although Jims part was kinda hard to listen. Good work nontheless both you guys!

I can't believe you got Cillian Murphy to guest star this week.
What you did there Jim, I SEE IT! =D

I see Yahtzee wanted to out-creep Jim this week, I liked that one a lot. Jim's though, was just pure brilliance. I loved the Evil Villain vibe and it flowed really well.

I think we need to take this to the next level and have poetry/rap battles or something.

Brilliance from both! Thanks for bringing poetry out to the gamers, especially me! May it go on forever.

Okay, I've really enjoyed both since the series started, the fuckery involved in both of these this week was just spectacular. Bravo to both of you.

Legion:
I think we need to take this to the next level and have poetry/rap battles or something.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jim and Yahtzee throw Yo' Momma insults at each other for 8 minutes. :P

OT: Once again, both good poems. Though the nifty voice effect Jim was using made some parts of his poem hard to understand. :(

Once again, Wednesdays are my favourite day on The Escapist.

Well done boys.

It was Yahtzee's poem that creeped me out this week. I found Jim's poem hard to follow.

Candle Jack?
Man, Slenderman turns down ha

Watching Yahtzee, I though "he's got this one in the bag..No way Jim could top it." But well played, Jim. Well played.

Both good stuff, although I really loved Jim's. It highlighted how ridiculous the response to Sarkeesian has been.

RJ 17:

Legion:

I wouldn't mind seeing Jim and Yahtzee throw Yo' Momma insults at each other for 8 minutes. :P

"Yo mama's so fat, she once sat on a Nintendo Wii and when she stood up again, it was an NES."
not directed at you hence the quotes

DVS BSTrD:

RJ 17:

Legion:

"Yo mama's so fat, she once sat on a Nintendo Wii and when she stood up again, it was an NES."

"Yo' Momma's so slutty that the XBone had to ditch the Family Sharing Program because she threatened to sue them for copyright infringement! 10 people on your Friends List, any time, anywhere!" :P
Ditto with the no offense and the quotes and such. :3

Was that a Mable Hornet reference Yahtzee? Creeped me out and made me giggle at the same time.

RJ 17:

DVS BSTrD:

RJ 17:

"Yo' Momma's so slutty that the XBone had to ditch the Family Sharing Program because she threatened to sue them for copyright infringement! 10 people on your Friends List, any time, anywhere!" :P

"Yo mama's so ugly that when the Xbone saw her coming, it did a 180!"

DVS BSTrD:

RJ 17:

DVS BSTrD:

"Yo mama's so ugly that when the Xbone saw her coming, it did a 180!"

*drum rimshot* Gotta say that was a good one.

Hehehe, alright, I think we better call it quits before the mods take notice and get pissed off. :P

Most people can't pull off the "sack over the head" look, but Yahtzee really manages to pull it off.

Jim proves he'd make a good Bond or Batman villain.

So, was anyone else expecting Yahtzee to mention how similar Slendy is to the Tall Man from Chzo Mythos at some point?

As one of the most rabid of the rabid slenderman fans I gotta say I loved yahtzee's but Jim's was a slice of genius and I loved the scarecrow voice.

Legion:
I see Yahtzee wanted to out-creep Jim this week, I liked that one a lot.

I think they just decided to swap. Jim's was topical (though less on the actual games than Yahtzee usually is) as well as Yahtzee being the adorable creeper.

DataSnake:
So, was anyone else expecting Yahtzee to mention how similar Slendy is to the Tall Man from Chzo Mythos at some point?

Wasn't writing love letters on the wall in blood an oblong reference to do just that?

I haven't played the games, but internet references have led me to believe that's a thing related to the Tall Man and the series.

Yahtzee and Slenderman, a match made in Hell. Fantastic job on your poem, Ben.

Jim, you certainly channeled your inner troll with a hint of Scarecrow. Bravo, good sir.

Glad to see Jim is back in his groove. Nice stinger, too. Great literature from both guys today, bravo!

Whoa, definite A-game this week. I enjoyed both immensely.

I don't give a damn about slenderman. Good poem though, Yahtzee.

As for Jim, nicely done. I couldn't quite make out the last distorted line, but I got the gist of it. Honestly, I don't care about Anita at this point. The only reason I know her videos are still getting produced is that someone will always start a thread about it here. And then I shake my head slowly at the number of comments and proceed with what I was originally planning to do.

Great poems as usual, really look forward to Wednesdays because of this. I also like how both of you are trying new things with the camera and voice synthesiser to create new effects and enhance the emotion of the poems =)

That sound you heard was the roar of delighted laughter as I witnessed poetic genius.

Gentlemen, you are an inspiration to us all and fucking hilarious. Thank you for sharing.

That was Yahtzee's best one yet.
And I lost it when he stuttered and did the "whatever a slender can" bit.

Saw Jim's poem, not sure who he was talking about, and then I went to the forum and figured that he was talking about (the community's reaction to) Sarkeesian and her ongoing series. And by community, I mean that one portion that (ahem) hastobeconstanlytoldtogostandinthecornerandthinkaboutwhattheyvedone.

always knew Yahtzee was a tentacle man.

This is what happens people when you don't thank God for Jim, the devil corrupts him and he sets out to destroy all video games. You have been warned people, you have been warned.

SHIT! Whose idea was it to release the Halloween episode three months early?! Now we have nothing to do in October!

K.ur:
Candle Jack?

I still don't get this whole Candle Jack thing.

OT: I have to say that while I enjoyed Yahtzee's poem, Jim stole the show with his modulated voice and whole Evil Mastermind vibe. I can only hope that this show continues to provide quality content for a lo

:D Very funny one Yahtzee, and just a bit creepy. Took a few tips from Jim's pomes?

As for you, Jim. That was AWESOME! Thank you, my master... ;D

God this show is great!

Legion:
I see Yahtzee wanted to out-creep Jim this week, I liked that one a lot. Jim's though, was just pure brilliance. I loved the Evil Villain vibe and it flowed really well.

:D Every episode is an epic poetic battle!

It's Jim and Yahtzee vs. the nightmare team of Boredom and Bullshit! ;D

If there was a theme for this week's episode, it was Eldritch Abominations (Hey, that's a Trope Name!). Yahtzee wrote a loving ode to one (possibly inspired by one of the games he made, I have to check that out) and it was almost as romantic as his ode to the Chest High Wall. Jim, speaking as I-don't-know-what, summed up the vitriol surrounding both sides of the "Tropes vs. Women" thing. Well, I understood half of what he said, I need some more clarification.

K.ur:
Candle Jack?

Oh no, do NOT start up this whole "Candle Jack" thing again. It starts with just one per

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here