Escapist News Now: Dragon Age: Inquisition New Details

Dragon Age: Inquisition New Details

Game Informer released the new cover art for the upcoming installment in the Dragon Age series, along with a new video featuring developers speaking about the story of Inquisition.

Watch Video

So was that sky splitting a dream/vision? Or do we have to do deal with a Blight alongside the Mage/Templar war.

Quite excited for this actually. Have to say though, for me at least, a move away from DA2's more story/character centered style would be a big minus for me. I hope they don't make it a plain ol' Skyrim clone.

SweetWarmIce:
So was that sky splitting a dream/vision? Or do we have to do deal with a Blight alongside the Mage/Templar war.

The Mage Templar war will be a thing to deal with in the game. Like the civil war in Origins, only given a bit more importance. As for the Blights? Well, if I've been counting right, there should be 1-2 Archdemons left so that could happen.

However, I think that the one dragon coming out of what I think is the Fade, is likely Flemeth. From the sound of things I think the major issues the players will be dealing with will be the War and the appearance of large holes in the Veil(the thing that separates the awake world and the fade) popping up all over the place.
But it would not be crazy to expect the darkspawn/archdemons to end up being important in the game too.

SweetWarmIce:

From what I understand that is a breach between the Fade and our world.

WolfCross:
Quite excited for this actually. Have to say though, for me at least, a move away from DA2's more story/character centered style would be a big minus for me. I hope they don't make it a plain ol' Skyrim clone.

I do agree that it would be a shame if we did lose some of the character focus from DA2 but I also do hope we actually get to make decisions which have a meaningful impact on the events and how it shapes the world.

I mean in DA:O you can save, kill or reach a peace between several different factions. Yes you still end up with 4 factions to call for allies and still end up fighting the huge archdemon at the end in the same location but the difficulty can change wildly depending on whether you killed most of your potential companions and which allies you ended with. You could also influence what characters (party members) do and how they interact based on their personal quests and even the outcome of those quests, sadly that was almost completely removed from the squeal.

Where can we watch the actual video they put out? I might just be thick, but I can't find a link to it anywhere.

There ya go

Get your Skyrim away from my Dragon Age!

The comparison made is scary because these franchises have polar opposite goals. One focuses on meaningful relationships with companions and a focused story. The other lets you do whatever you want without any real lasting impact.

It's way to early to judge this game but this is the first time new information has been revealed to me that made me not want to buy the game.

babinro:
Get your Skyrim away from my Dragon Age!

Thats always what I think when Skyrim is namend as something they are going for.

I get that everyone hates it when they make the comparison to Skyrim, but there are open world RPG's with interesting characters, dense atmosphere and good storytelling. Gothic 1+2 and Risen for example, so its possible to pull that of.

On the other hand, the last few Bioware games have shown that Bioware doesn't really know what the strong points of their games are any more and that they are prone to copy elements from other popular games that have nothing to do with those points.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here