DuckTales: Remastered Review - Like a Hurricane

DuckTales: Remastered Review - Like a Hurricane

It's nearly impossible to talk about DuckTales without an exclamatory "Woo-oo!"

Read Full Article

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty jazzed when I saw that this was out. And then I was slightly less jazzed to see that it was $15. Maybe I've been ruined by Steam sales, but I feel like if this was $10, it would be an insta-buy. I already feel like Virtual Console games are overpriced, so maybe that's where this is coming from, since it's a remake of a classic game. Or maybe I just need to get over myself.

Capcom has been spearheading a radical nostalgia movement in videogames thus far in 2013, delighting the aging fanbase with classic retro titles remade for the current generation of gaming.

Imagine if Mega Man X got this treatment....*drools all over himself*

OT: I went back and played the original game...THAT one is hard as all hell. o.o

Seriously, I remember playing it as a kid and being able to essentially breeze right through it. I go back to try it again and I'm thinking to myself "God DAMN! How'd I ever beat this?!"

Still, I'm looking forward to picking this up.

so so so so so so excited for this. Really excited to hear updated versions of all of the songs

captcha: boogie woogie

Will probably buy this one. I didn't own it as a kid, but I borrowed it from a friend and played it quite a bit. Never managed to beat it though.

And yes, I clicked Scrooge McDuck. I listened to it at least 20 times. :D

BrainWalker:
I'm not going to lie, I was pretty jazzed when I saw that this was out. And then I was slightly less jazzed to see that it was $15. Maybe I've been ruined by Steam sales, but I feel like if this was $10, it would be an insta-buy. I already feel like Virtual Console games are overpriced, so maybe that's where this is coming from, since it's a remake of a classic game. Or maybe I just need to get over myself.

I think its the steam sales. I picked up dishonored for $10 during this summer's sale. Duck tales is great, but there are so many great games out there for $10-$15. Wishlisted for now, getting Guacamelee instead.

That DuckTales badge is the dumbest and most awesome one ever

Woo-oo indeed :P

Clicked the Scrooge, with noise on in another window, heard nothing, saw nothing, clicked again, multiple times, and then I heard the music layered over itself...

I remember this game from back on my NES... cant wait to play it again.

Yeah thanks for the badge and music that will not leave me for several years! You have fun implementing that one?

Link to what is truly important, the new moon theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgNFH3OiJg

Otherwise totally picking it up when its on sale ^^
Also best badge ever except perhaps for the red button, now whenever i need a ducktales fix i just have to click on the badge.

I clicked, and I have no regrets.

A-WOOOO-OOO!

Been waiting for this for ages, just wish the count down would be over already.

Recieved a duck tales badge for just looking at the article

Someone at the Escapist is a big Duck Tales fan methinks :)

I'm having a really good time with it.

The PC version still has some issues though

For some reason it cranks the CPU usage all the way up to 100% and makes my high-end PC run as slow as molasses.

It can be fixed pretty easily by limiting the amount of CPU cores the game is allowed to access, but it's still annoying.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here