Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Day Jobs

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Day Jobs

Lisa gives us the top 5 day jobs of your favorite videogame characters.

Watch Video

Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning Manny Calavera! One of the best adventures ever.

With biceps like that the banana throws from your bloopers must have really hurt, your poor husband!

Really wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked it nonetheless for it. What I was expecting was a Top 5 filled with day jobs you could work in video games, such as blacksmith, lute hero, paperboy, waitress, ect.

As a quick aside, many of those heroes were terrible at their daytime jobs, so I would say that becoming heroes improved their status.

Re: dressing as a stripper - Lisa, never change.

I did stop playing VC early on but wasn't Rosie an extremly douchey racist?

No Eddie "The Roadie" Riggs? Awww....
Or maybe The Postal Dude... who is unemployed ... I think ... Equal representation man!

Whoa, Lisa Foiles appeared on a show with Bryan Cranston? Why wasn't this mentioned earlier?

You just got yourself a regular viewer.

I'll forgive Lisa for spoiling the ending of Braid for me because of her shout-out to Valkyria Chronicles. Hands down favorite game.

Would have thought Bruce Wayne would at least get an honorable mention.

Mossberg Shotty:
Whoa, Lisa Foiles appeared on a show with Bryan Cranston? Why wasn't this mentioned earlier?

I saw that episode, she was the female version of Malcolm.

DVS BSTrD:
Would have thought Bruce Wayne would at least get an honorable mention.

Mossberg Shotty:

I saw that episode, she was the female version of Malcolm.

I laugh myself to tears every time I think about how Bryan Cranston rocketed to fame while Frankie Muniz faded into obscurity. Which is the way things should work, I love to see people with genuine talent rise to the top.

Either way, I'm gonna keep watching just to see if she does any more celebrity name-dropping.

Screw Duke Nukem, with those guns girls are going to throw themselves at Lisa en masse from now on. I'll start.

Dear Lisa
If you want to be an official ass-kicker
Vous/You gotta do like Rosie
And use a flamethrower.

tarnim80:

She is, though war can change people, for better or worse.
You also really should have not stopped, sometimes-cheating AI aside. Well worth it. Still no game that plays quite like it.

I know the credits shoot by in a blur, but I think i still saw Susan in there as producer(?), I'm reasonably sure that's no longer the case...

Gonna have to have that first episode one of these....right now.

Edit: That skirt....can't even call it that. More like a skir, and it was awesome.

tarnim80:

She starts out like that, but you'll both see a change in her personality throughout the game and get an explanation (actually shown in this video).

OT: I don't really think of the day jobs the game characters have, but I guess I would also have Gordon Freeman on my list.

How about Mike Haggar? When he is not cleaning the streets of garbage by kicking its ass, its cleaning the streets of garbage, with the help of the Department of Health of Metro City.

PS: Wow. Those biceps are serious business...

hermes200:
How about Mike Haggar? When he is not cleaning the streets of garbage by kicking its ass, its cleaning the streets of garbage, with the help of the Department of Health of Metro City.

I don't know if this was your intention, but you make it sound like he's a sanitation worker, when he's the Mayor.

But I agree--best day job ever:

MAD GEAR GANGBANGER: We have your daughter, Mr. Mayor. Don't call the police, or she's dead.

MIKE HAGGAR: The police are for when I need someone arrested. You made this personal. And for personal business, I do my own neck-snapping. It's called "transparency".

I would have added Guybrush Threepwood- mighty pirate. His dayjob is being a mighty pirate but he never really gets do much pirating as he always ends up having to save the world from Le Chuck.

:D Nobody thinks you can't kick butt, Lisa. :/ But I don't recall you ever singing. At least not on this show.

Also, your red hair is better. ;D

Dyed red hair does not a red-head make. That's wanting the medal without running the marathon.

Well, no mention of the group from Persona 4 (all high schoolers, by the way) makes me...

Could've, at least, mentioned Naoto Shirogane because she's a detective, in addition to being a high schooler.

Side note: Lisa has some serious muscle going on. Tossing those bananas gave her some nice definition on her biceps.

Christ.Her biceps are bigger than mine! Now I feel emasculated and must go beat a woman to feel manly. (not really)

I've always thought Gordon Freeman was the badassest video game character of all cause you don't get to be a bigger geek than having a PhD in theoretical physics. Who then goes and slaughters an entire battalion of trained Marines as well as stopping an alien invasion force BY SLAPPING THEM IN THE FACE AND SINGLE HANDEDLY INVADING THEIR OWN HOMEWORLD.

Glad to see you've toned down the outfits. Also chuckled at the self-reference!

Dem legs. almost see em

Those are pretty impressive biceps. Lisa obviously works out.

Don Reba:
Re: dressing as a stripper - Lisa, never change.

Hear, hear! Hooray for the mini-skirts!

ace_of_something:
Dyed red hair does not a red-head make. That's wanting the medal without running the marathon.

Come to think of it, what IS her natural hair color, and why change it?

Lvl 64 Klutz:
I'll forgive Lisa for spoiling the ending of Braid for me because of her shout-out to Valkyria Chronicles. Hands down favorite game.

So you got that from #3 as well, huh? I once watched on YouTube this video set at a bar for video game player characters, and the guy from Braid was there being a total hipster about his game, saying stuff like "You wouldn't GET it, man. It's indie, so it's supposed to be subversive." and just being rude to Mario. Sadly, I forgot what it's called.

That really depressing moment when Lisa Foiles has more defined arm muscles than me...

...I regret those perogies I just ate. D:

...O.O Damn, girl could actually be an ass-kicker with biceps like that. They're more toned than mine...

Wow, Grim Fandango, major kudos.

Ultra-blond stripper-esque dresser? Interesting self description of a former self-identity.

tarnim80:

She got better. A LOT better. Seriously, play the game to the end, you will not regret it at all.

OT: Lisa, you are now in my book of legends, simply because of putting Valkyria Chronicles in a top 5.

Ah, but Lisa, can you sing?

Heh, should've figured Manny would make the list, I approve.

Lisa Foiles:
snip

Love you, Lisa! ^_^

But why is Susan Arendt still listed as this series' producer when she'd been gone for two months?

Is it a Conspiracy? O_o

*GASPS*

It's the kittens and fluffy cuties' connection, ISN'T IT?!?

Where do I sign up to join the Revolution?!?

>_>

<_<

>_>

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook