Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Eternal Sonata

This week, for the premiere of their award-winning series, Graham and Paul watch the eternally long opening cinematic of Eternal Sonata.

Watch Video

"*ahem*...CHEEP! CHEEP!"

Great stuff. I'd forgotten how nonsensical the opening of that game was.

you guys are truly hilarious and smart for thinking up those jokes. i haven't laughed this hard this i watched cheap seats. i hope this is a weakly thing because i find it is a little bit better then ZP.

couldnt do it. Couldnt sit through it all. I tried, but just couldnt. Boring & slow overdub to a boring & slow cutscene

I found that really quite good. Keep these coming please ^^

"I always thought it was arhythmia!" That part cracked me up. Good job guys!

Excellent guys. What a crap Cutscene! i'm glad you ripped it apart.

Hilarious.
"This shot marketed to vampires!"
"Hi Hitler!"

Awesome.

Hehehehe, that was good! And it reminds me why I avoid JRPGs like the plague.

Ahhhh I love these.
Gah I'm glad I don't play JRpgs if that kinda crap is whats in them.

This brings me way back to MST3K but some of the jokes are not that great.

sneakypenguin:
Ahhhh I love these.

Yes we don't need storys. Give me some DOOM!!!

But yeah the opening scene with the narrator is boring but not every JRPG is like that.

And now, the Grammy Award winning band, SLAYER!

Brilliant. Very MST 3K.

And Kratos cast himself... oh man this was hilarious! and yet still, I expected just as much. Hope to see more of this guys, keep up the good work!

That's why your dad left

That rocked, keep them coming

I liked, will never touch that game though

Yeah... I think I'll skip this

Haha that was freakin' hilarious. Great job guys. When you were imitating the Narrator, that got me everytime.

Nice its a game version of mystery science fiction theater 3000. I love it!

Awesome, so glad you decided to do more :D

Kitsume:

Actually it's "Mystery Science Theater 3000". Not "Mystery Science Fiction Theater 3000".

Am I the only one that loved this game, hell its one of the only jRPG's I have ever completed, the artwork is stunning, the storyline beautiful (if given a chance) and a very poignant one at that. Gameplay is very good, and quite a challenge as well.

Vlane:

Kitsume:

Actually it's "Mystery Science Theater 3000". Not "Mystery Science Fiction Theater 3000".

At least he didn't call it what my father calls it: "Mystery Science Dinner Theater 1000."
Seriously, he has been saying that for 6 years now and not as a joke. Dammit dad!

I want to see more of this, I've always had an affinity for MST3K and video games, so intertwining them should be done more.

This is probably hard for you to understand.

You think? I'm five!

You know what, this is so good I'm actually gonna show it to my mum.

Doug:
Hehehehe, that was good! And it reminds me why I avoid JRPGs like the plague.

Like wise brother. Well that made my day and maybe this week.

I'll be keeping track of this series. :)

Teachingaddict:
Am I the only one that loved this game, hell its one of the only jRPG's I have ever completed, the artwork is stunning, the storyline beautiful (if given a chance) and a very poignant one at that. Gameplay is very good, and quite a challenge as well.

I liked the game too. But the cutscenes, especially the voiceovers, were frequently terrible. I switched the dialogue to Japanese shortly after starting and it was much better. Sure, I couldn't understand what they were saying, but it was still better.

sneakypenguin:

Don't think it's a JRPG thing. Bad cutscenes transcend genres.

Baby Tea:
Hilarious.
"This shot marketed to vampires!"
"Hi Hitler!"

Awesome.

Didn't he said "Heil Hitler!"?

"Go Planet!"

I really didnt find it that entertaining, until it slowly dawned on me just how terrible the cutscene was, and how that in itself is funny. The commentary is just the icing on the cake! :D I look forward to many more (so much so I registyered just to post this).

"and that's why your dad left"
I laughed so hard.
"No thats stupid. God you're dumb"
Fell off my chair.
This is the best. The Escapist=brilliant.

Teachingaddict:

I personally think it deserves a lot of extra points because it's about FRANCOIS CHOPIN. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, FREAKING CHOPIN.

We need more games about famous composers. Sadly, nobody bought Beethoven II: the Note of Destruction.

"No questions, mommies drunk"

Just the way and tone he say's it in just slays me.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here