Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I love the battles/graphics but GOD is the story of Eternal Sonata insipid.

After the last few series the Escapist had, I had low hopes for this...

However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality

Great stuff. Keep it coming.

Next thing you need to tackle is the opening for Okami. God, that opening took forever. You'd probably need to fastforward through the opening 35 min. of canvas backstory to the 3d part to actually make good jokes, however.

"wasn't ricky martin in tenuto?" "No he was in menuto"

"OH GOD THE FLOWERS"

Those 2 lines made me laugh so hard. Great episode guys!
I love the new video player too.

sirdanrhodes:

Dechef:

sirdanrhodes:

---Off topic---

Why does MsDevin92 use nothing but blue text?

You should have your eyes checked, that's not blue :o
But yes, why does she do that.

That's not blue? I am certified colour blind : D.

Well that explains that :P
I'd call it purple.

This video was just plain hilarious! Please keep making these! PLEASE!

I'm always thinking shit like this when watching stupidly long cutscenes. Great idea to make a show out of it.

"And this shot is marketed to Vampires"

MsDevin92:

Teachingaddict:
Am I the only one that loved this game, hell its one of the only jRPG's I have ever completed, the artwork is stunning, the storyline beautiful (if given a chance) and a very poignant one at that. Gameplay is very good, and quite a challenge as well.

I personally think it deserves a lot of extra points because it's about FRANCOIS CHOPIN. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, FREAKING CHOPIN.

The problem is, it really wasn't. After about an hour into it the game basically ignores Chopin's involvement except during the game breaking chapter end scenes that described his life. It was a great idea in theory, but the guys at Tri-Ace and Tri-Crescendo have never been known to be the best at keeping with thier original story or getting the pacing right. Also, the ending was godawful because of the almost avoidance of Chopin's story in the game and sudden turn around.

Star Ocean 3, I'm looking at you. Disc 1 = awesome. Disc 2 = lol the matrix.

Heh, so what's this, a kind of MST3K for video games?

Not bad. Kinda sad to see Chopin-derivative music forced through the "make music atonal" filter. It might because I'm wearing some good headphones and can hear it -- your video renderer might need its sound sample rate tweaked a bit to not sound like that.

Aside from that, good watch. I'd totally spare some time towards a weekly show.

That was hilarious, and so true.

MsDevin92:

Teachingaddict:
Am I the only one that loved this game, hell its one of the only jRPG's I have ever completed, the artwork is stunning, the storyline beautiful (if given a chance) and a very poignant one at that. Gameplay is very good, and quite a challenge as well.

I personally think it deserves a lot of extra points because it's about FRANCOIS CHOPIN. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, FREAKING CHOPIN.

We need more games about famous composers. Sadly, nobody bought Beethoven II: the Note of Destruction.

Not to pick nits here, but wasn't his first name Frederic?

Otherwise, I agree with you, I think it'd be interesting to see more games with music being the central theme.

As for the video, I think it's hilarious and I also hope it'll be a weekly thing. This reminds me of the kind of thing I'd do in the movie theaters if they were nearly empty and the volume was toned down enough so that the people near me could actually hear me.

(Totally unintentional rhyme, I swear.)

Great episode! Didnt stop laughing, good job guys :D

Nice, i like it. Please keep it up. Maybe MSG4 scene is in order?

*lmao at the end* "The next logical step in RPG naming is: Always Infinite Eternity Til the End of Time: Forever" *hehe*

P.S. I'm new at the forums, hi everyone :)

nathan-dts:

Cousin_IT:
couldnt do it. Couldnt sit through it all. I tried, but just couldnt. Boring & slow overdub to a boring & slow cutscene

I believe your all alone.

Don't worry, I couldn't stand it either. Overdubbing of a cut scene with jokes that people say when they are completely bored, yeah, original that. What ever happened to all the hilarious wit in the videos on the Escapist?

"GOOOOOOOOO PLANET!"

Oy, this Unskipable was much better than the Lost Planet one. The only thing I don't like about it is how the guys sound a bit dull, that was one reason why I didn't like the first one so much.

Still, despite that, this one was great. Hope for more!

so the point of this new series is to make fun of all the long boring cutscenes in games?...

i love it. now i have something to look forward to on mondays.

Honestly, I thought it was mediocre to bad. Until the Falling Up stuff, and then the mom and daughter stuff. The quality was much better there. The bland insults against Narration. Not really funny. Also camera jokes, meh.

Keep it the quality at the last 1/4 of this one and there is hope.

i laughed so hard my chest hurt.... it was HILARIOUS

Great work. Keep it up.

I found Unskippable bland and very much skippable it wasn't funny and you could tell it was scripted for every single boring joke they said, but hey at least now I know I could video tape paint drying and still get hired by the escapist

It started out slow, but I was laughing non-stop after the three-minute mark. Well done!

I can't believe I actually played that game...

Love it. That is seriously the worst opening scene I've ever laid eyes on XD

Pretty cool, can't wait to see more.

Personally, I loved it. Favorite part: No questions, mommy's drunk.

redneck_ant:
*lmao at the end* "The next logical step in RPG naming is: Always Infinite Eternity Til the End of Time: Forever" *hehe*

P.S. I'm new at the forums, hi everyone :)

Hi!

Hahaha! Loved it, especially the Reading Rainbow bit. I'd been wondering when the first episode of this would come out. It was a really nice surprise to find it this morning.

I start talking over the characters in games (and movies, and TV shows) myself when the dialogue presents a weakness. Probably why I enjoyed this so much.

i laughed my ass off

that was a freakin mazing

Sure, I had a good day, so anything was going to make me laugh, but this was awesome.

Reading Rainbow was incredible.

So was "I thought Menudo was a town in a terribly-paced video game?"

The only part the made me laugh was the "hi hitler!"
series has some potential though, looking forward to future episodes

Dude... MSTing meets video games... Awesome! I'll have to add this to my "must-watch" list.

I positively love this series, both the pilot ("the temperature at which music freezes") and this first episode ("and that's why your dad left").

This is laugh-out-loud funny, and the best thing to hit The Escapist since ZP (and funnier, in my estimation). I'm going to look forward to this every week.

Great work, guys!!

Funny stuff!! Me want more Unskippable.

WarpGhost:
"Go Planet!"

I really didnt find it that entertaining, until it slowly dawned on me just how terrible the cutscene was, and how that in itself is funny. The commentary is just the icing on the cake! :D I look forward to many more (so much so I registyered just to post this).

I registyered just for this one, too. Definite shades of MST3K, but we like, we like!

Yeah, not bad. Worth the watch, for sure. Look forward to more.

The entire thing made me crack up, but my two favourites were:

"And so, Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain..."
and
"No questions, mommies drunk..."

Bleedin' good work in my honest opinion.
If i ever got the game i doubt i'd ever be able to take it seriously, thanks to you guys.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here