Escapist News Now: Electronic Arts' Humble Bundle

Electronic Arts' Humble Bundle

Electronic Arts introduce it's own charity-supporting Humble Bundle.

Watch Video

Public Image and Public Relation. This is all it's about.

It's not EA suddenly being soulful or anything. Fixing broken relationships with its customers, that is all about and it won't work with me. I'll give the money I'd pay for the bundle to charity myself instead of using EA's pitiful attempt at being politically correct.

You want to make good with me EA? Drop the Steam boycott. That's the first step.

There is something very wrong about all of this. I can't pinpoint it, but I have a feeling that Evil Accumulated is up to something....
We need to call the IRS and have them investigate EA this very moment.

I'm certainly not buying anything untill we figure out exactly what they are up to.

TheMadJack:
Public Image and Public Relation. This is all it's about.

WHO CARES?

No seriously. Tell me why I should care. That's the only reason any corporation does any sale of any kind (including Valve or CD Projekt). People act like it's a bad thing, presumably because they'd rather that EA remain the easily hateable Nazis they've built them up in their minds to be rather than admit that donating $4.5M+ to charity is actually a damn awesome thing (that's just so far, the ending total will be around $20M, mark my words).

If EA ends up as "Worst Company" again this year, I may just quit gaming.

I'll give the money I'd pay for the bundle to charity myself instead of using EA's pitiful attempt at being politically correct.

Quite frankly, I'll go directly to the side of political correctness if pitiful attempts at being politically correct result in millions in charity money.

And by the way, they're also doing it to get an influx of Origin presence. And you know what? Origin is about 50-60 times better than I thought it was going to be, so they can have some presence on my computer after all (in terms of user-friendliness and functionality, it's the best distribution platform I've used).

Sofus:
There is something very wrong about all of this. I can't pinpoint it, but I have a feeling that Evil Accumulated is up to something....
We need to call the IRS and have them investigate EA this very moment.

I'm certainly not buying anything untill we figure out exactly what they are up to.

So much Poe's Law here that it hurts.

They are the worst company not because they like money, they are the worst company because they let their greed bleed out into the games.

In another word, their greed make their games shitty. Sure it's well coded and mostly bugs free, but all their games feels like cheap thrills without any depth at all!

And that's why we hate them and why they are the worst company. I would care less if they donate their kidned to red cross, they brought bioware and fucked up mass effect for me, and for that, nothing it does will earn my forgiveness.

TheMadJack:
You want to make good with me EA? Drop the Steam boycott. That's the first step.

That'd go hand in hand with abolishing Origin, which you may like, but that's not going to happen.

There's always an angle but the reasoning I see behind this is that most of the games listed will not be selling many copies at full price any more. When you have a product not selling you reduce the price to entice more people and get it shifted, well that's what we do in retail with sell by dates. I appreciate games don't have a sell by date per say but a lot of people will not be prepared to pay full day 1 price for a game that is old. It's good for those that were gonna get the game but waited for something like this or those who were on the fence, those that would pay full whack have already done so.

TLDR: Mostly older games no-one would pay full asking price anyway. Most likely still raking in the money on it too.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here