Unskippable: Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3

Boundless energy, or not turning into a horrible monster? In Dead Space 3, nobody can hear you scream after you make a really, really stupid decision.

Watch Video

Great job this week - especially "Why?...WHY?"

Why would you hold back science Graham? It's not about why, it's about why not! Oh yeah, the horrible monsters.

Why did the developers think it a good idea to have the start be "Man trudging slowly through snow"?

kailus13:
Why would you hold back science Graham? It's not about why, it's about why not! Oh yeah, the horrible monsters.

Why did the developers think it a good idea to have the start be "Man trudging slowly through snow"?

'Cause they liked Final Fantasy 6.

Wow those people who make the Markers are morons just like the Umbrella Corperation (before you asked I've never played Dead Space before).

Scarim Coral:
Wow those people who make the Markers are morons just like the Umbrella Corperation (before you asked I've never played Dead Space before).

Or they're just peeking around the 4th Wall. If you don't give the Player something to do, they start robbing random people and trying to break physics. Better to sacrifice a few hundred people every couple decades than every couple days.

All the Loading Ready Run stuff makes Mondays suck so much less. Thanks!

i wouldnt look for a taun taun. its dead space it would try to eat your face off, or cut you open and use you as a sleeping bag.

And yet, still only half the environmental disaster of coal...

Why am I suddenly thinking of a woman with a white background describing how thanks to advances in marker technology, they've reduced marker side-effects by 85%?

Wait, what was the positive effect, for which they built all these markers? I could not make it out.

Who's in charge of the future in the Dead Space series? Umbrella or Weyland-Yutani? But without the markers, we can't make Necromorph Soup!

Wow....i never played DS2 or DS3. I played the first one and everything i heared about the follow ups just kept me away. But damn the writers went fulltime stupid with the story and even the last szene. :< Its B-Movie-Story-Quality at best. x)
You cant deny the feeling, that the authors and creator did not watch the full game afterwards. :/

Darth_Payn:
Who's in charge of the future in the Dead Space series? Umbrella or Weyland-Yutani? But without the markers, we can't make Necromorph Soup!

I think in the future of Dead Space they've merged to form Weyland-Umbrella.

Don Reba:
Wait, what was the positive effect, for which they built all these markers? I could not make it out.

It's basically unlimited energy as I understand it. Honestly, I think sacrificing a few people is fine if you can have that. Especially since making containment teams would be a piece of cake with the boundless resources.

Or here's another idea: If you absolutely must build things that turn people into insane hellbeasts, maybe don't build them near a population centre?

Yeah, if you really think about it, the overarching plotline of the Dead Space series kinda depends on people consistently and repeatedly being rock stupid, and that goes double for the religious fanatics.

Samantha Burt:

Don Reba:

It's basically unlimited energy as I understand it. Honestly, I think sacrificing a few people is fine if you can have that. Especially since making containment teams would be a piece of cake with the boundless resources.

Thanks! Someone must have heard people complaining about wind power generators driving them crazy with their noise and said: "hey, I can make a game about that!"

Having to move during the opening credits, huh?
Well, I guess that's better than in Dead Space 2, which had a semi-offscreen QTE icon that made Graham rage quit.

Also, now that you mention it, why has no one made "Alive Space" yet? And I don't mean the Alien franchise, that didn't have enough aliens for that...

You are right, Dead Space does not sound very scary. Alive Space is scary enough, but you know what's even scarier? - Alive Enclosure. Think about it.

Wish you guys cut to the scene right after the short gameplay. Would have been some GREAT comedy right there.

Oh can I just say, Ellie was an immortal in this game. If you didn't notice, her health was always full green (unless the cutscene corrected it). No matter what happened to her....full health. Meanwhile her cohorts were red/yellow/dead. This was a running gag me and my friend had playing this. Don't even worry 'bout her, she's got this. lol.

My new brand of marker now produces almost 50% less undead hellspawn, and if you call now we'll throw in a free certificate for frozen yogurt.

Disclaimer: Does not actually produce less undead hellspawn.

Actually, when you're out in the cold, drinking alcohol is the absolute worst thing you can do. It actually makes you die of hypothermia quicker than not drinking it. If you're ever caught in a blizzard: do not drink alcohol!, no matter how comforting it might feel.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here