Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Saints Row Voice-Overs

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Saints Row Voice-Overs

Lisa takes us behind the curtain to show us the top five voice-overs in the Saints Row franchise.

Watch Video

Man, those are some good voices.
Also, never played SR3, so I didn't know about Burt.
Now I have something to do. :)

I had no idea there were so many cool voice overs in the Saints Row series. That is pretty boss. Great video.

Great list Lisa, I totally agree with your list.

By the way, love the outfit, very appropriate for the Saints Row theme.

Even though I respect the self-deprecation, I will always see Burt Reynolds as a scumbag. Why? My uncle had been cast in a minor role in one of his movies. First day, Burt Reynolds comes in and tells the director he has some friends he wants to play certain roles. My uncle's role was one of them. My uncle gets his paycheck for the day and is shown the door. Utter scumbag.

Great video as per usual, but the weirdest question came to mind and I can't shake it: Assuming she bought it for this video, is that necklace something Ms. Foiles can write off as a deduction on her taxes, or even something she can charge the Escapist for?

This question is going to bug me way more than it deserves.

The only additions I would add: Keith David as the former boss of the Saints (not 100% clear on that backstory, only ever played the second game) and as himself as the Vice President, and Daniel Dae Kim would have made the list because Johnny Gat is awesome.

Outfit needs more purple.

JimB:
Great video as per usual, but the weirdest question came to mind and I can't shake it: Assuming she bought it for this video, is that necklace something Ms. Foiles can write off as a deduction on her taxes, or even something she can charge the Escapist for?

This question is going to bug me way more than it deserves.

seeing as it looked like one of those gun necklaces you get out of the dollar machines odds are probably not. if she did try and write it off on her taxes i think its protocol for an i.r.s agent to come to your house and slap you

templar1138a:
Even though I respect the self-deprecation, I will always see Burt Reynolds as a scumbag. Why? My uncle had been cast in a minor role in one of his movies. First day, Burt Reynolds comes in and tells the director he has some friends he wants to play certain roles. My uncle's role was one of them. My uncle gets his paycheck for the day and is shown the door. Utter scumbag.

Yeah, doing a favor for his friends at the expense of someone he never met before. What a jerk. (to be read with heavy sarcasm)

Anyway, back on topic, I still liked Burt's cameo in Archer better.

So Michael Dorn was the one who voiced a lot of my favorite characters in certain series/cartoons when I was growing up...

Huh, I am very to know that! Thanks Lisa :D

OT: I have yet to get my copy of Saints Row IV but everyone's hyped about the game and enjoying it so that makes me want it all the more. On the other hand, while this one is silly but fantastic I wonder how Grand Theft Auto 5 will do seeing how it's trying to be the opposite.. hmm. No matter. I enjoyed this video, thanks for the list!

Agh, I knew Maero's voice sounded familiar. Can't believe I didn't place him.

Also, had no idea about Neil Patrick Harris. Very cool.

I have to say, the outfit needs midriff and a small purple jacket for the full Saints Row effect.

SR3 was the first SR game I ever played. The moment Burt fucking Reynolds told me to go kill zombies, I knew I was a fan for life. lmao

You didn't include Keith David at all! Not even in the honorable mentions! C'mon, he plays himself as the Vice President and you can romance him. YOU CAN ROMANCE KEITH DAVID LISA!

Seeing Burt Renyolds made me want to replay SR3. So I did. And I forgot how much I loved it. Great video Lisa!

Burt Reynolds has to be one of those actors who basically play themselves in everything they're in, and that's why we love him. Great job, Lisa!

No Kim as Johnny Gat?! Impossible.
Seriously Gat and the boss are the core of Saints Row, every other character can take a shotgun to the face and just leave you to pal around with Gat and the game would still be great.

It's funny how the first celebrity voiceover I noticed in SR3 (the only Saints Row game I've played, I'll get IV when it's on sale) was Hulk Hogan as Angel de la Muerte.

I understand why he's not on the list: Angel was a downer character, even being underwhelming when he gets his wrestling mask and is "reborn". He also leads you into the bad ending, which doesn't make my opinion of him any better. I have heard Hulk before, but I liked the voice acting of Angel's rival, Killbane, much more.

I'm disappointed Keith David wasn't on this list. If you don't know what I'm talking about you need to play Saints Row 4.

What LEGO game has Freddy Mercury in it?

You also missed Charles Shaughnessy aka Male Voice 1 (British). The brit they replaced him with in 3 was rather sad.

For some reason, I think the most apt description of Lisa's outfit is "cuddly".

Also, wasn't Freddy Rodriguez El Wray from Planet Terror?

Avaholic03:

templar1138a:

Yeah, doing a favor for his friends at the expense of someone he never met before. What a jerk. (to be read with heavy sarcasm)

Professionalism. Look it up. Also look into how difficult it is for actors who AREN'T big names to get a steady supply of roles.

Rednog:
No Kim as Johnny Gat?! Impossible.
Seriously Gat and the boss are the core of Saints Row, every other character can take a shotgun to the face and just leave you to pal around with Gat and the game would still be great.

And that is way SR3 is the worst of the series.

Ed130:
What LEGO game has Freddy Mercury in it?

That would be Lego Rock Band. The first time seeing Lego Brian May's hair made me laugh much harder than it really should've.

So yes, I've just been replaying the Saints Row games in anticipation of the new one... which isn't out until Friday here. S'okay. I can deal. I think.

RTR:
For some reason, I think the most apt description of Lisa's outfit is "cuddly".

Also, wasn't Freddy Rodriguez El Wray from Planet Terror?

Yes he was. I fucking love that movie.

The other day I entered into this pact with a few friends that all of us would abstain from sexual deeds for 40 days and nights just to see which of us would break. That outfit really isn't helping Lisa. In fact it seems fair to say you're tearing me apart, Lisa!

Saints Row 4 seems to be a game for some Mass effect fans. You can romance Anderson :p

Nope. #1 is Charles Shaughnessy in Saints Row 2 as the 1st player character voice to have a cockney accent. His previously most recognizable role was Maxwell Sheffield from the 90's sitcom, The Nanny. Nothing has beaten the thrill of taking back the Row by the hands of a comically deranged Mr. Sheffield! It's a shame he wasn't invited back for Saints Row The Third.

Ah, the fond memories of the very first Saints' Row, when it took itself seriously. Still a pretty good game for what actually is a GTA clone. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's the only unashamed GTA clone worth playing. But I'm glad the series found its own footing.

There is no shame in being second to Freddie Mercury.

thisbymaster:
Outfit needs more purple.

Yeah. It's not good enough for Saints' Row unless you look like a Tinky Winky in a Teletubbies-based stripper club.

You look hot as always Lisa, and the PC has co-op.

Huh, I never noticed NPH as DJ Veteran Child. I have the weird urge to refer to Veteran Child as Doobie Howser now.

Nice list! You got some pretty obscure entries, I'd say, and almost all the best lists do.

Aptspire:
Man, those are some good voices.
Also, never played SR3, so I didn't know about Burt.
Now I have something to do. :)

It's a very good game I think but don't get it just for Burt Fucking Reynolds, his appearance is short.

You CAN get him as a homie so you get to tear shit up with him.

I heard the first one was kind of terrible voice work aside? Saints row 2 got old really fast but 3 is f**king sweet! I'm kind of bummed out that i can't run 4 on the pc I'll maybe get it on the xbox down the line.

I've never played the Saints Row games, but they have always intrigued me. Maybe when I finish Far Cry3 and Red Dead Redemption, or finally finish the civil war in Skyrim or.. geez.. I need more time. Well more time for games..

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here