EXP: Bad Marriage Movie Reviews - Kick Ass 2

Bad Marriage Movie Reviews - Kick Ass 2

John and Jessi treat us to an insightful review of Kick Ass 2.

Watch Video

Well.. that was um.. something.

At least the wife was allowed to break out of well worn stereotypes.

No, just no.

I have no words for how awful this concept is, or how badly written and acted it is. I'm not even convinced the 2 "reviewers" even know each other.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I guess I see what you were going for but... Seriously, did you watch it before you posted it?

I understand the concept. Two reviewers with polar opposite opinions in a metaphoric marriage (I am not presuming if the actors are indeed married/in a relationship or not).

I did feel like it was quite awkward watching. I'm not someone who gets enjoyment/entertainment from watching a couple having a strong disagreement. I get enough of that from my own parents occasional bickering.

I felt the opinions from the characters (I assume this is character-play) were knee jerk and shallow. I try to respect opinions, but it's hard to when there isn't substance to back up the person's way of thinking.

Kick-Ass is not a child film. The parallels between the founding of America felt like heavy satire.
Kick-Ass franchise is very violent, but with the first film, the 'evil' people were the people doing the very horrible things. The heroes who did violent acts were to the horrible people. In a way it was form of bloody justice. The violence from the evil people made it clear that the evil people were evil. Also the violence reinforces the danger of being involved in that world. It also made normality, and goodness seem more good.
-
I found the review weird. It didn't come across like a review. Felt like a sketch-review show. Review wise I didn't feel enlightened. Sketch-wise I felt awkward.

I'm sorry if my criticisms are harsh. But at least I gave feedback and not one-line shallow bitchy comments.

I have not seen Kick-ass, I have only seen Movie Bob's review thus far. I would not recommend people to watch this clip if they wanted a guide to see a movie or not. I found it superficial, missing the funny and nothing that wouldn't be found on the top of rottentomatoes.com or another short blurb. There is nothing meaningful here at all. A large portion of the time spent was talking about violence and taking an 8 year old to see it.

scw55:
I understand the concept. Two reviewers with polar opposite opinions in a metaphoric marriage (I am not presuming if the actors are indeed married/in a relationship or not).

I did feel like it was quite awkward watching. I'm not someone who gets enjoyment/entertainment from watching a couple having a strong disagreement. I get enough of that from my own parents occasional bickering.

I felt the opinions from the characters (I assume this is character-play) were knee jerk and shallow. I try to respect opinions, but it's hard to when there isn't substance to back up the person's way of thinking.

Kick-Ass is not a child film. The parallels between the founding of America felt like heavy satire.
Kick-Ass franchise is very violent, but with the first film, the 'evil' people were the people doing the very horrible things. The heroes who did violent acts were to the horrible people. In a way it was form of bloody justice. The violence from the evil people made it clear that the evil people were evil. Also the violence reinforces the danger of being involved in that world. It also made normality, and goodness seem more good.
-
I found the review weird. It didn't come across like a review. Felt like a sketch-review show. Review wise I didn't feel enlightened. Sketch-wise I felt awkward.

I'm sorry if my criticisms are harsh. But at least I gave feedback and not one-line shallow bitchy comments.

Could'nt have said it better myself. Thank you for being so....polite. That said, I agree. You feel awkward for watching this, and you also kinda hate them by the end,or at least, their characters. I assume this was supposed to be funny, how they're playing them. But if that's the case then, it needs work. A well done review can get the audience to agree (or disagree) with the reviewer on something they might not have originally, maybe check out their other reviews,or persuade them to potentially check out the product they reviewed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here