Escapist News Now: Ben Affleck to be Next Batman

Ben Affleck to be Next Batman

Warner Bros. confirmed that the Man of Steel sequel will indeed be featuring Batman, and he will be played by Academy award winning director and actor, Ben Affleck.

Watch Video

Gonna court controversy here by saying that a) Affleck will probably be great, and b) Batman needs to die. No more films. I've had enough of damn Batman, he's not even close to the most engaging or interesting comic book character out there. That said, Warner Bros can't produce a comic book film worth a damn anyway, so point is moot.

Hey, Weird Al! If this movie is crap, you'll finally have a reason to sue Ben Affleck!

Serious now; I dunno, this could be good, or it could be bad. Affleck has never been a bad actor in my experience, but he's never left a lasting impression on me either (though, admittedly, this may because I haven't seen him in enough great or terrible movies, since those tend to stick in your mind).

I think Ben Affleck would make a great Bruce Wayne - but I don't know about Batman. I don't know how he'll do in the cowl, but Wayne he's got down-pat just being himself.

You know this is KIND of old for a "news" video....... just saying.

Verlander:
Gonna court controversy here by saying that a) Affleck will probably be great, and b) Batman needs to die. No more films. I've had enough of damn Batman, he's not even close to the most engaging or interesting comic book character out there. That said, Warner Bros can't produce a comic book film worth a damn anyway, so point is moot.

Yeah about the dying stuff? guess what he already died once in the comics, and they kind of killed Batman at the end of DKR...... and maybe you're tired of Batman, guess what, the fans aren't (me included).

On topic, Ben Affleck is a great actor and i hope to see a nice performance, when I first heard the news I went WTF ? but now after thinking it a bit, he might be a good choice for Batman, let's hope for the best

I really didn't like Christian Bale as Batman so this news is exciting to me.

Who knows if Affleck will do a great job or not, I'm just glad there's a change.
For me, the best batman has always been Kevin Conroy from the animated series.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here