The Close Call

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Close Call

The kids aren't alright.

Read Full Article

Yeah just ignore the guys making meth and go straight for the video game :P

Walter: HEY! You can't just barge in here!
Hero: Well I'm not the one that knocks!

That second last panel ... it only reminds me of a certain TV show.
Bitches.

and the cover of that game says "Video Game 2: More Violence".
The strip was funny, you just have to ask "Why the hell does that baby have a violent video game".
Obviously its because of the parent's fault, they are the ones that buy these games for these kids who scream into the damn speaker in Halo 3.

... so yes.
We should blame the parents. (Who look hot and over-glorified)

... now the ultimate question is "Did I read too far into this?"

At first glance, it looked to me like the guy was GIVING the game to the baby.
I was like "Wha...?"

KubuTsukareta:
I was like "Wha...?"

I thought that too! I was wondering what about the joke I wasn't getting.

Stupid babies.

Playing videogames then murdering people, who do they think they are?

Why back in my day...

Daystar Clarion:
Stupid babies.

Playing videogames then murdering people, who do they think they are?

Why back in my day...

I know just look at Maggie she's always trying to kill just think of Mr Burns

OT:Funny comic as usual even more so as a baby having a violent game is worse then meth cooking lmao

StormShaun:
That second last panel ... it only reminds me of a certain TV show.
Bitches.

and the cover of that game says "Video Game 2: More Violence".
The strip was funny, you just have to ask "Why the hell does that baby have a violent video game".
Obviously its because of the parent's fault, they are the ones that buy these games for these kids who scream into the damn speaker in Halo 3.

... so yes.
We should blame the parents. (Who look hot and over-glorified)

... now the ultimate question is "Did I read too far into this?"

Yes...

Also, guys a better man than I. I would have stopped at the swinging blades and said, "fuck it!"

That second to last panel.

it seems like one of them is about to say something.

maybe:

OT, new idea for a video game. You save children from playing violent videogames by murderfying said video games.

Xbox one exclusive, Kinect only, FINAL DESTINATION.

Diablo1099:
Only in America can a Disk be considered more dangerous then a loaded gun..

Not like any of the countries in Europe or the UK, or Australia try to censor video games because of their violent depiction.. oh.. wait..

I mean, you guys have gun control over there right? So why do you still censor violent video games?

It's easy to laugh at America for it's stupidity, but your countries are trying to do what America does, while ALSO having gun control laws.

Cecilo:

Diablo1099:

Not like any of the countries in Europe or the UK, or Australia try to censor video games because of their violent depiction.. oh.. wait..

I mean, you guys have gun control over there right? So why do you still censor violent video games?

It's easy to laugh at America for it's stupidity, but your countries are trying to do what America does, while ALSO having gun control laws.

Okay, Point taken, That was an unfair generalization and I'm sorry.

Just the way GTA was instantly blamed for this shooting? Really burned me up inside, especially since I watched coverage on Gun Control after Sandy Hook.

Teoes:

KubuTsukareta:
I was like "Wha...?"

I thought that too! I was wondering what about the joke I wasn't getting.

So you're telling me he doesn't face all those dangers to give a video game to a bored baby? I'm so confused right now...

StormShaun:

No. We all know it's the fault of the evil video game companies, who force these games into the cradles of impressionable youth, while the good parents are unable to do anything.

That's why we need a hero.

Cecilo:

Diablo1099:

Hey? Generally tougher gun control laws than laws on video games would mean games were considered less dangerous than guns.

the punchline is oddly similar to this video

Diablo1099:
Only in America can a Disk be considered more dangerous then a loaded gun...

It's not just discs. It's everything.

There was an anti-drug ad several years back where two kids get stoned and one decides to show the other his parents' loaded gun, kept in a shoebox or something. The end of the commercial does a blackout and a "bang," implying that the one kid shot the other, and it's because drugs are bad. You know, not because some shitty parents left a loaded gun in a shoebox somewhere.

I mean, the message appears to be "don't let your kids try pot or they'll kill someone with the gun you just leave lying around."

Cecilo:

Europe OR the UK, eh? When did the UK move?

Wait, I didn't know they were trying to ban video games because they were a convenient scapegoat ti distract from the gun control issue. That DOES seem kind of counter-intuitive, since guns aren't a religious institution in Europe or the UK.

Maybe we should laugh at them for...No, it's still a bad and disingenuous analogy.

Veldie:

Mr Burns? He tried to take her candy. She was clearly standing her ground.

Now Homer, on the other hand....She'll try and murder him even while he's trying to help her.

The punchline was a bit oddly placed, because it seems like the "hero" is giving the videogame to the baby. And when you think about it, the baby being a newborn makes little sense as well. Maybe some 5-year old would have worked better.

Diablo1099:

The pen is mightier then the sword, I guess.

I don't get it. So the dude is giving the baby a video game magazine or something along the lines? And what's the danger? I'm so confused.

Videogame 2? How lame. It is all about Videogame 4: Violence, Sex and Violent Sex. Don't get me started on VG3. Easily the worst in the series. Hopefully VG5 is good. I hear they're adding a school shooting mission and a drug making mini-game.

Diablo1099:

Cecilo:

Diablo1099:

Okay, Point taken, That was an unfair generalization and I'm sorry.

...what the actual fuck? Has the internet become civilized while I wasn't looking?!

Good show. Applause all round.

That may well be the first time I got the song reference in the byline

SonicWaffle:
...what the actual fuck? Has the internet become civilized while I wasn't looking?!

....Do I get an Achievement Unlock? O.O

Zachary Amaranth:

Europe OR the UK, eh? When did the UK move?

[quote]I mean, you guys have gun control over there right? So why do you still censor violent video games?

You did not notice they launched the mobile country plan? They turned their whole island into a boat and detached it form the earths crust.

Edit: On topic put me down for one of the people who took a minute to realize he was taking the game away form the baby.

zerragonoss:
You did not notice they launched the mobile country plan? They turned their whole island into a boat and detached it form the earths crust.

The UK just got 100 times more awesome.

And about 3 times more badass. Hopefully, they will be welcome when they dock with other nations. I'd hate to see them resort to piracy.

Zachary Amaranth:

The UK just got 100 times more awesome.

And about 3 times more badass. Hopefully, they will be welcome when they dock with other nations. I'd hate to see them resort to piracy.

Piracy comes with a BBFC rating of 15, meaning a substanital portion of those on the BritBoat would first have to be killed to preserve the arbitrary sense of innocence dictated by a generation that failed to grow up with videogames.

DVS BSTrD:
Yeah just ignore the guys making meth and go straight for the video game :P

Walter: HEY! You can't just barge in here!
Hero: Well I'm not the one that knocks!

Haha, I love that in that panel they're even holding a tray full of unbroken blue.

At first I thought he was giving the baby a game... until I thought about it more.
"Ooohhhh he's taking AWAY the video game because- people think video games make people violent."

I see. In any case, the woman saying "save my baby!" ... Why would you even give a 1 month year old a video game? They can't even understand how to use the controller yet.

Love the BB reference

Smertnik:
I don't get it. So the dude is giving the baby a video game magazine or something along the lines? And what's the danger? I'm so confused.

Yeah, it would have been better if they showed the guy's empty hand in the 2nd last panel, to make it clear he was grabbing the corrupting, dangerous game off the baby.

Diablo1099:

That's only the case for stupid people, which are available in any shape, color, or ethnicity you want. As we've seen here, stupid people try to ruin gaming as an entertainment form, just as stupid people mistreat firearms and ruin it for everyone else.

Diablo1099:

SonicWaffle:

....Do I get an Achievement Unlock? O.O

You have unlocked Apology Accepted: 100G.

Zachary Amaranth:

Veldie:

Mr Burns? He tried to take her candy. She was clearly standing her ground.

Now Homer, on the other hand....She'll try and murder him even while he's trying to help her.

Maggie, and to a lesser extent, Bart, are proof that kids don't need video games to grow up to be violent criminal sociopaths.

Darth_Payn:

Maggie, and to a lesser extent, Bart, are proof that kids don't need video games to grow up to be violent criminal sociopaths.

I don't know about that. When they changed Itchy and Scratchy, there was a golden age in Springfield and Maggie stopped trying to kill Homer.

If she played Grand Theft Auto, she'd be mowing down hookers like the rest of us.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here