Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Pax Moments

Top 5 Pax Moments

This week Lisa gives us a very special PAX themed list.

Watch Video

Pax always looks like so much fun. Wish I had the time and cash to go.

Oh what about that one time... Oh yeah I've never been to PAX. I have always wanted to go!

I hear that the 'marriage proposal at PAX' had a fine entry this time around...

Lisa, you may not be a real redhead, but you're definitely a better candidate for Nerd Queen than Felicia Day.

So THAT'S what PAX stands for. Damn. That was bugging me.

Lisa Foiles is > Felicia Day. There, I said it.

My favourite was the one the other day where they doubled down on their support of rape culture. Good times.

*hurls*

Don't worry Lisa, i love both you and Felicia, you are both awesome ;)

MatsVS:
My favourite was the one the other day where they doubled down on their support of rape culture. Good times.

*hurls*

Yeaaaaaah.. ok.

Wow. PAX sounds like an awesome time. :D I will try and go to one before I die.

MatsVS:

*hurls*

*Holds back hair/pats ya on the back*

Care to share the story? You know. When your done with the vomiting and all that.

Wow. Pax realy looks great! I guess i'll even try to go to US to visit it next time.

azriel2422:
Lisa Foiles is > Felicia Day. There, I said it.

And what you have said is the truth

OT: I wish I could go one year but I have no money.

PAX sounds great, if only there was ever one in Canada. Boston is the closest one to me, but I can't afford to drive 14 hours for a 3 day weekend and crazy hotel rates and 12 dollar hotdogs.

I guess I'm kind of surprised they can do a PAX Australia but can't or won't do one in Toronto.
I guess they just figure that's serviced by PAX East?

Thanks Lisa!

The line "You may be more popular, but I'm cheaper!" is responsible for apple juice soaking my keyboard.

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Pax Moments

This week Lisa gives us a very special PAX themed list.

Watch Video

Don't worry Lisa, you are way hotter than Felicia Day and a contributor for the escapist (giving you even more geek cred).

Great top 5, in fact it may be one of my all time favorites.

Makabriel:

MatsVS:

*hurls*

Yeaaaaaah.. ok.

He/she's referring to the whole "Dickwolves" comic "debacle", which is off-topic and intentionally inflammatory oh his/her part.

barbzilla:
Don't worry Lisa, you are way hotter than Felicia Day and a contributor for the escapist (giving you even more geek cred).

I have to say, her contribution would certainly be appreciated all the more, if she ever replied to our comments and respectful disagreements here, not just on Twitter.

AC10:
PAX sounds great, if only there was ever one in Canada. Boston is the closest one to me, but I can't afford to drive 14 hours for a 3 day weekend and crazy hotel rates and 12 dollar hotdogs.

I guess I'm kind of surprised they can do a PAX Australia but can't or won't do one in Toronto.

Well they do three Paxes (Paxi?) a year now and it must take a lot of organisation to pull off and they don't want to spend all of their time on Pax when they have a webcomic empire to look after. Plus they already have 2 Pax events in North America, the rest of the world wants Pax-ey goodness too! People in Europe have to travel pretty far to any of them :(

All excellent moments from PAX. Did Lisa go this year? I have to check the News archives. I like the use of Yahtzee's review of Duke Nukem Forever in this one. There should be more crossover stuff with the Escapist video contributors.

templar1138a:
Lisa, you may not be a real redhead, but you're definitely a better candidate for Nerd Queen than Felicia Day.

With that, I'm expecting a flame war to erupt in this thread any minute now. I'll sit by the sidelines with popcorn and beer.

Well, Lisa, I'd point out that I think you'd make a better nerd queen than Felicia Day, but I'm kinda poor, so I'm not sure it would actually help...

CriticalMiss:

AC10:

Well they do three Paxes (Paxi?) a year now and it must take a lot of organisation to pull off and they don't want to spend all of their time on Pax when they have a webcomic empire to look after. Plus they already have 2 Pax events in North America, the rest of the world wants Pax-ey goodness too! People in Europe have to travel pretty far to any of them :(

Yeah I get that x_x. I thought Mike and Jerry essentially hired people to run PAX (or they let Robert Khoo take care of it). I do think it's a lot of work!

At least in Europe traveling is affordable, a flight to Boston from Toronto in Canada will actually likely cost me 800 - 1000 dollars x_x. This is a Canadian problem with our flight laws though, not an American one.

Imp Emissary:

*Holds back hair/pats ya on the back*

Care to share the story? You know. When your done with the vomiting and all that.

Thankee, thankee.

I was referring to one of the panels with some PA employees who were asked what their biggest regret was, the answer apparently was choosing to pull that tasteless, disgusting Dickwolves merch they had for sale for a while.

http://laurakbuzz.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/why-i-cant-support-penny-arcade/

And of course, Mike what's-his-name is a transphobic troglodyte in general.

Ready for the Lisa and Felicia shipping.

Damn I wish I lived in the US sometimes. Although they did have a PAX in my country (Australia) this year, but I didn't find out about it until too late. I was even in Melbourne a week before it happened too! D:

Darth_Payn:
With that, I'm expecting a flame war to erupt in this thread any minute now. I'll sit by the sidelines with popcorn and beer.

I thought that might happen too. However, it would seem that a good number of the few people who've commented thus far agree with me. Huh.

all hail our cheap redhead!

seriously, how much?

I don't know why I don't go to these things.. I can.. I think I shall.

I think Lisa and Felicia can share the title. But as other's have said, at least Felicia responds to her commenters now and then. :)

I can't stand that Wil Wheaton (annoying, subpar actor of a horrible character in a show that got awesome the minute he left) and Felicia Day (actress who gets cast in ten-line geek roles and is the "star" of a webseries) are supposed to be our Geek King and Queen. Jonathon Coulton would make a good Geek King. Gail Simone would make a great Geek Queen. Get some people who have actually been instrumental in creating bastions of geek culture for the roles. I'd even take Joss Whedon...

Penny. Arcade. Expo.

Huh. I feel like Upham finally realizing what Fubar means.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here