Gallery of the Day - Movie Villains

I'm always a little bored by the fact these lists always have a VIP parking spot for Darth Vader. I'd replace R'as al Ghul with the Joker too, though I get that he's there because, in a way, he's the villain of the whole trilogy. Other than that, OK list. Nice to see Lo Pan and the T-whatever, for a change.

The biggest disapointment for me was that there was no Zorg...

Seriously... one of the most iconic and memorable villains ever!

In fact... I am surprised that none of Gary Oldman's villain roles are on this list! :(

Gallery of the Day - Movie Villains

Movies heroes get quite a bit of attention but let us all take a moment to appreciate the under appreciated, the movie villain.

Read Full Article

Sauron is actually a rather weak villain when you think about it. After all he doesn't actually do anything and we're only told why he's so scary. I'm sure in The Silmarillion (which I haven't read) it's explored how he's supposed to be so scary and whatever, but it's sure not shown in the LotR.

Wait, this was from 2013? Wow, they went deep to dredge this one up.

Should've replaced Darth Vader with Princess Leia, she was the one who lead a violent uprising because the galaxy being peaceful offended her or something and then didn't care when Alderaan was threatened with destruction. I've been more emotional over realizing dinner is over than she was when faced with the destruction of her planet that she could've prevented.

Canadamus Prime:
Sauron is actually a rather weak villain when you think about it. After all he doesn't actually do anything and we're only told why he's so scary. I'm sure in The Silmarillion (which I haven't read) it's explored how he's supposed to be so scary and whatever, but it's sure not shown in the LotR.

Not to mention that Sauron looked like a giant enflamed faj in the sky.

What about Wesley Snipes in Demolition man? Or Clarence Bodecker in Robocop?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here