Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Analogy of the Mosquito

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Analogy of the Mosquito

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Loved the Mosquito analogy. That was brilliant.
Sorry you're sick Jim, but that was rather brutal.

A little on the nose, Yahtzee, but I get it; stop making female gamers uncomfortable by draining them of their sweet nourishing blood.

Derp, Maybe it's you who is dirty, all I hear is whine whine whine whine whine from Jim. But Yahtzee had a great one this time. Actually pretty perfect

EDIT: Sucks that hes sick but good job wasting our time.

well done to both, and, Jim, I'm sorry you got sick....we're all going to pay for that later aren't we? in some not-very-subtle way

Oh, you, Jim. Get better soon!

Yahtzee still won, though.

Adultism:
Derp, Maybe it's you who is dirty, all I hear is whine whine whine whine whine from Jim. But Yahtzee had a great one this time. Actually pretty perfect

Sorry you took my video so seriously.

This is supposed to be a competition? (At least inferred by Jim.) Why? It's tough enough to get anyone to write new poetry that isn't for the local writers' group. Or is it that everyone is writing poetry by the hundreds of thousands but only a handful are worth hearing? Eh. They're both always good. I'm not voting, regardless of what you glory hogs want.
Funny how both poems were about violations of health and physical well being in a social context.

most people's voice becomes raspy and sexy when they get sick :( . Most people.

Jimothy Sterling:

Adultism:

I found honey tea helps.
Though as to why I can't really say.

Once again, I enjoyed them both this week. :D

I'm assuming Jim's was filmed, what yesterday, at the earliest maybe, since he rhymed about Krahulik (or however you spell that) causing controversy again over the Dickwolves incident.

We love you Jim! Hope you get better soon! Don't work too hard...

Andy Shandy:
Once again, I enjoyed them both this week. :D

I'm assuming Jim's was filmed, what yesterday, at the earliest maybe, since he rhymed about Krahulik (or however you spell that) causing controversy again over the Dickwolves incident.

It was filmed about two hours ago. :-)

Jimothy Sterling:

Adultism:

I was just hoping to get a reply from you actually, Thank God for you.

EDIT: I also wanted to add when I wrote that post I was like. I bet Jim will see this, I'm going to do the same thing to him. Then I felt I went a bit to far so I did the edit. I wanted to see you react the same way you think I reacted to the video when actually I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

Double edit: Holy crap that post was a trainwreck. Sorry for the grammar I just woke up and I'm too lazy to fix it.

Hah, I loved Yahtzee's. I wasn't sure where he was going to go with it at first but it was very good.

Jim's started making me laughing out loud as soon as he started ranting at the people. I have never heard somebody complain so eloquently, it was beautiful.

They were both great this week. Get well soon Jim.

Adultism:

Jimothy Sterling:

Adultism:

EDIT: I also wanted to add when I wrote that post I was like. I bet Jim will see this, I'm going to do the same thing to him. Then I felt I went a bit to far so I did the edit. I wanted to see you react the same way you think I reacted to the video when actually I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

I am way too sick to unravel your Inception games, you monster.

Jimothy Sterling:

Adultism:

Jimothy Sterling:

I am way too sick to unravel your Inception games, you monster.

Okay, well feel better then :D

Damnit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not an English major!!!

Wait, flip that, I AM an English major. And as one I can say that at least by my score-count you're in the lead. Yahtzee has great material and is indeed poetic, but a number of his poems have little slips in meter and rhyme while yours tend to always have good flow.

Personally I think you're both brilliant writers and this is probably my favorite segment on the site, but if we're just doing a "by the numbers" count of technicalities, you seem to me to be the better poet.

Hope you get well soon!

Edit: As for "Making Us All Pay", I think that between you on an exercise bike in your underwear and "Happy Fun Time With Dragon Dildo set to the Duck Tales Theme" is vengeance enough for any of our transgressions. :P

Now I want to pretend to be a girl online so that people will hit on me.

Hope you feel better Jim. My brother has the same problem whenever he gets on a plane.

I.Muir:

Jimothy Sterling:

Adultism:

I found honey tea helps.

It's because Honey is antiinflammatory as well as an expectorant. Or just one of the two, but it's good for the throat regardless. Milk, however, only aids the mucus in forming, so stick to green or herbal tea. Also, Ginger tends to work wonders against colds, so my tip is to peel a (really small, ginger is quite intense) bit of fresh ginger root and slice it up in thin slices. Then add them to a cup of boiled water and let it lay for a couple of minutes. Add a teaspoon of honey and voila. Herbal tea on ginger. Works wonders on colds.

:D Good pomes from ya both. This show is a lovely way to start the day.

Poor Jim, hope ya feel better soon. At the next con, wear gloves and a gas mask. If anyone one asks why, just say your cosplaying. ;D

Jhonie:

I.Muir:

Jimothy Sterling:

I found honey tea helps.

It's because Honey is antiinflammatory as well as an expectorant. Or just one of the two, but it's good for the throat regardless. Milk, however, only aids the mucus in forming, so stick to green or herbal tea. Also, Ginger tends to work wonders against colds, so my tip is to peel a (really small, ginger is quite intense) bit of fresh ginger root and slice it up in thin slices. Then add them to a cup of boiled water and let it lay for a couple of minutes. Add a teaspoon of honey and voila. Herbal tea on ginger. Works wonders on colds.

While this may work, every time I have ever gotten sick I've used a product called 'lemsip'. It's basically just Paracetamol with lemon flavored bits in it, but I find it works better than the tablets. At least for me it does...

Put the sachet' into boiling water and BAM! 6-8 hours of relatively pain-free existence. Doesn't taste very good, but it helps you sleep.

I'm sorry to spoil your wonderful analogy Yahtzee, but the bloodsucking members of the mosquito family are all female. And while I'm sure I could make some kind of silly counter joke about that fact, good taste and my own good manners forbid it.

And Jim, props to you for working when you feel bad. You could turn this to your advantage and create a self supporting media frenzy around yourself if you were willing to claim your critics had actually stooped to germ warfare to try to silence you. Though honestly it was probably just one of we thoughtless and unhygienic members of the regular gaming community.

Really Offensive Name:

Jhonie:

I.Muir:

I found honey tea helps.

While this may work, every time I have ever gotten sick I've used a product called 'lemsip'. It's basically just Paracetamol with lemon flavored bits in it, but I find it works better than the tablets. At least for me it does...

Put the sachet' into boiling water and BAM! 6-8 hours of relatively pain-free existence. Doesn't taste very good, but it helps you sleep.

Never heard of it. I don't think it's avalible in Sweden, where I'm from, so for me that option's pretty much moot :/

Psychobabble:
I'm sorry to spoil your wonderful analogy Yahtzee, but the bloodsucking members of the mosquito family are all female. And while I'm sure I could make some kind of silly counter joke about that fact, good taste and my own good manners forbid it.

And Jim, props to you for working when you feel bad. You could turn this to your advantage and create a self supporting media frenzy around yourself if you were willing to claim your critics had actually stooped to germ warfare to try to silence you. Though honestly it was probably just one of we thoughtless and unhygienic members of the regular gaming community.

Clearly these are trans-gendered mosquitoes, try to be more sensitive.

Thunderous Cacophony:
A little on the nose, Yahtzee, but I get it; stop making female gamers uncomfortable by draining them of their sweet nourishing blood.

That wasn't it at all. You can't bite them, period!

spwatkins:

Psychobabble:

Clearly these are trans-gendered mosquitoes, try to be more sensitive.

MY "Deity of your choice" Man, Er.. Woman, Er.. [insert gender-neutral pronoun of one's choice], WHAT WAS I THINKING!!?? What an embarrassing and degrading social faux pas.

Why do so many get sick at cons? I never have. Perhaps I'm just superman :O

... So basically Jim is telling me that if I ever go to a con, it should be dressed as Mario from Mario Sunshine, but instead of a water tank, I should bring weaponized Purell.

Kenmoo:
most people's voice becomes raspy and sexy when they get sick :( . Most people.

I get what I call my "Death Metal Voice" It drops a couple of octaves and gets very raspy.. Then I put on some good Scandinavian black metal and growl along.

Oh, and I thought PAX developed a specialized greeting because of the plague spread?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/03/26

I think the most far-fetched thing in Yahtzee's story is him playing Black Ops 2 for fun.

A perfect analogy for the harassers and white knights out there. This is my second favorite so far. No. 1 is the one with MS and Sony's plan for the next generation.

I hope you get well soon, Jim.

Jimothy Sterling:

So I shouldn't be sitting here wondering whether you're annoyed that people rank you second after Mr. Croshaw so often or if you're annoyed at the silliness of ranking the two of you at all, the latter of which I have totally never done and you can take my word for that so don't bother checking my post history?

Ick. That wasn't a very dignified sentence. Screw it, let's just be honest here: I hope you feel better soon (I recommend drinking water until you can't stop peeing long enough to leave the bathroom; it's surprising how much that speeds things up), and thank you for helping me to realize how weird it is to treat these videos like they're competitions.

I liked the poems this week. I did love the Analogy of a Mosquito (it is one of the reason I don't use a headset when playing multiplayer)
Get well soon Jim, sorry you got sick at someplace that should be fun. remember Purell is your friend.

Kids learn by the age of two or three not to stick their filthy hands into their mouths all the time. Just sayin'

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here