EXP: ScrewAttack's Death BATTLE! Thor vs. Raiden

ScrewAttack's Death BATTLE! Thor vs. Raiden

Marvel VS Mortal Kombat! Who is the ultimate god of thunder? The mightiest Asgardian battles Earthrealm's cunning defender! Who will win? Who will die?

Watch Video

If raiden is such a clever and wise tactician i assume he would know about thor's strength by lightning powers and not try to fill him with electric.Also with Raiden's ability to teleport over huge distances i would be surprised if Thor got anywhere near him.

But still enjoyed it and good job on the battle animation.

yeah, raiden doesn't have shit on thor. thor regularly mixes it up with hulk and captain america. and cap could easily defeat anyone in the mortal kombat universe. let along hulk. raiden has nothing in his arsenal isn't lightning based. and thor owns the lightning weather he conjures it or you do. this is a guy who caught shazams bolt when he fought captain marvel in the marvel vs dc story. caught it and redirected it. also thor put the deathblow on the sentry. exentially marvel's version of superman.

although i thought it was wierd they didn't mention the hammer can be weilded by those it deems worthy not just thor. captain america has picked it up and used it. i think storm may have at one point but i know a few others have for sure. like beta ray bill

Yeah...the actual fight is too long. The beginning of the fight should be at 7:25 and end at 7:35.

Thor fighting Raiden is like Superman fighting Scorpion.

Basically this was brute force versus technique. While I am one to lean more towards technique in winning battles, Thor and his brute force won in this case. The points that they made at the end of the video are accurate to what could happen. A single blow with Mjolnir would destroy any mortal, which Raiden is when he is fighting. What Raiden should have done is stuck is his electrical skills and outlast Thor.

Channelling lightning through wood isn't impossible, since wood doesn't stop lightning.

What happened at the end, did Raiden just give up?

nightmare_gorilla:

although i thought it was wierd they didn't mention the hammer can be weilded by those it deems worthy not just thor. captain america has picked it up and used it. i think storm may have at one point but i know a few others have for sure. like beta ray bill

Storm used the hammer? All right, now she has the ability to control the weather! Wait...

Warachia:

nightmare_gorilla:

Storm used the hammer? All right, now she has the ability to control the weather! Wait...

Storm used it in the Marvel vs DC crossover

Spygon:
If raiden is such a clever and wise tactician i assume he would know about thor's strength by lightning powers and not try to fill him with electric.Also with Raiden's ability to teleport over huge distances i would be surprised if Thor got anywhere near him.

But still enjoyed it and good job on the battle animation.

Thor can teleport and he's also one of the fastest characters in fiction. He's actually faster than the Greek god of speed by a large margin. He's as fast as Superman though nowhere near flash speeds.

I thought Raiden did a good job keeping pace with Thor.

Raiden only has to take mortal form when fighting in the world of MK, because only mortals can defend one realm from another realm in a tournament.

He would not have to take mortal form for a cross over vs thor. Who although a 'god' still has to have a physical form. Sorry but if both characters were acting true to their nature in this analysis than raiden would of never of taken physical form, and thor can be as powerful as he wants but he can't beat pure energy.

Jake Lewis Clayton:
Raiden only has to take mortal form when fighting in the world of MK, because only mortals can defend one realm from another realm in a tournament.

He would not have to take mortal form for a cross over vs thor. Who although a 'god' still has to have a physical form. Sorry but if both characters were acting true to their nature in this analysis than raiden would of never of taken physical form, and thor can be as powerful as he wants but he can't beat pure energy.

Sure he can, Thor's defeated many pure energy beings.

His hammer can effortlessly absorb energy, and he can even pull peoples' souls into it.

crazy_coug99:
Basically this was brute force versus technique. While I am one to lean more towards technique in winning battles, Thor and his brute force won in this case. The points that they made at the end of the video are accurate to what could happen. A single blow with Mjolnir would destroy any mortal, which Raiden is when he is fighting. What Raiden should have done is stuck is his electrical skills and outlast Thor.

That wouldn't have worked, as they stated, Thor is immune to electrical attacks, not only that, Thor has no weaknesses and with out the x2 strength belt could already bench 1 million tons, Raiden was fucked from the start.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here