Escapist News Now: Pokemon X and Y Gameplay Preview - PAX Prime 2013

Pokemon X and Y Gameplay Preview - PAX Prime 2013

Andrea Rene went hands-on with Pokemon X and Y when it was shown for the first time at PAX Prime 2013 in Seattle, WA. She saw mega evolutions, new Pokemon, mounts, and more!

Watch Video

That panda-man was pretty badass. Looking forward to this.

I want a 3ds now :(

I'm not sure I've seen many people excited about the 2DS. Maybe I have biased filter on. It looks like a serving plate. (It needs to bend on a hinge).

The only time I've played a Pokemon where I was ignorant about everything was Ruby. And that was the generation I loved the most. Might Y be a generation I adore if I try to avoid spoilers?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! pokemon my only weakness... and I'll get the new limeted ed 3ds(ignoring 2ds, looks dumb) and both versions of the game, god my poor bank.

scw55:
I'm not sure I've seen many people excited about the 2DS. Maybe I have biased filter on. It looks like a serving plate. (It needs to bend on a hinge).

The only time I've played a Pokemon where I was ignorant about everything was Ruby. And that was the generation I loved the most. Might Y be a generation I adore if I try to avoid spoilers?

Sorry but it seems that you do but it's not a very strong one thankfully. The 2DS is aimed at children and doesn't bend because apparantly little kids are great at breaking them.

werewolfsfury:

scw55:

Sorry but it seems that you do but it's not a very strong one thankfully. The 2DS is aimed at children and doesn't bend because apparently little kids are great at breaking them.

Do you know what age children?
I got my Pocket Gameboy at 10 years of age.

(This is aimed at the world in general) If a child can break something of theirs which is expensive, they are probably too young to own one. Coming from the person who drowned their Gameboy Advance at the age of 14 in a lake.

But if it is aimed at children, do they have the strength to hold a 2DS comfortably?

scw55:

werewolfsfury:

scw55:

Sorry but it seems that you do but it's not a very strong one thankfully. The 2DS is aimed at children and doesn't bend because apparently little kids are great at breaking them.

Do you know what age children?
I got my Pocket Gameboy at 10 years of age.

(This is aimed at the world in general) If a child can break something of theirs which is expensive, they are probably too young to own one. Coming from the person who drowned their Gameboy Advance at the age of 14 in a lake.

But if it is aimed at children, do they have the strength to hold a 2DS comfortably?

About 10 years of age or less. And yes little children can break a 3DS by flipping it open too much and wearing out the hinge too quickly.

Despite it's looks the 2DS isn't much bigger than an unfolded 3DS so unless they have serious deficiencies any child with proper motor function should be able to hold a 2DS without trouble.

LordMonty:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! pokemon my only weakness... and I'll get the new limeted ed 3ds(ignoring 2ds, looks dumb) and both versions of the game, god my poor bank.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are, this might be one of the few chances to just flat out ask it.

Why?

Why would you do that?

Why would you - or anyone, for that matter - buy the same thing twice.
Because that's pretty much what you'll be doing if you buy both versions of the game.

By the way, this isn't a hypothetical question. If you're serious about spending your money on both of them, then I'm serious about wanting an actual answer to this question.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here