Miracle of Sound: Higher Tonight (Saints Row IV)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Higher Tonight (Saints Row IV)

I'm going higher tonight yeah. I'm gonna set this city alight.

Watch Video

I just saw a digitized Gavin with superpowers powerbombing gang members and using a guitar case as a bazooka to the power of dubstep. My life is now complete. And I don't even like dubstep! But yeah, this is probably my favorite one in a while. WUB WUB, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Oh hey Gav, quick question: how many songs are you planning on having in Level 4?

lol, you said you're "higher" lol

The publisher should pay you; I didn't really feel like playing SR4 until now. Love the ElMariachi guitar case.

Can you still drive cars and motorcycles in the game or is it all UFOs and superpowers...not that that's a bad thing.

GonzoGamer:

The publisher should pay you; I didn't really feel like playing SR4 until now. Love the ElMariachi guitar case.

Can you still drive cars and motorcycles in the game or is it all UFOs and superpowers...not that that's a bad thing.

You can, but it's almost always easier just to super run, jump and glide your way to where ever you want to go.

While I am not one that listens to dubstep, this does sound good. Keep up the great work Gav.

Awesome work, Gav! Is it gonna be on Bandcamp soon?

This song is crazy XD

The parts seem to be going in several different directions at once yet still fit with each other.

And this is a game I've finally gotten to before you made a song about it! Hooray!

It's amazing. The moment my character was doing that perky 50's cartoon walk I knew I'd love it.

bandit0802:

They almost always show up on bandcamp before they do here, pretty sure this one went up yesterday, if not the day before.

This is as close as I have ever been to enjoying the entirety of a dubstep song. I really liked the chorus. <3

Good job Gav.

The ONLY acceptable dubstep is The Dunnestep. Good song. As crazy and funny as the game.

GonzoGamer:

I understand, intellectually, that he probably only brings in a comparatively tiny amount of customers. But the amount of times he has made me interested in a game i never gave a shit about still makes me feel they should be paying him.

I hope they at least send him stuff.

Eric the Orange:

GonzoGamer:

You can, but it's almost always easier just to super run, jump and glide your way to where ever you want to go.

It is always easier to just run & jump in SR4. It's a hell of a lot faster, you can go anywhere with ease, and you don't have to worry about your ride blowing up.

Anyway, I expected this to be goofier, but it's still nice and fun.

As much as I really enjoyed the song, it kinda shows the problem with dubstep for me. When the bass was dropped, it just broke up the song, and was actually the least interesting part of it. That being said I did still enjoy it.

JaceArveduin:

bandit0802:

They almost always show up on bandcamp before they do here, pretty sure this one went up yesterday, if not the day before.

You're right. I'm blind.

Thanks

Now this need to be modded into the game, has a custom track for the Dubstep Gun.

This song is perfect for Saints Row!

So much joy! So much dancing! So much WUB WUB!

Well done Gav!
=w= b (<- Thumbs up face)

Thanks for that warning at the beginning, Gavin. It was funny to watch that digitized version of you get down and funky. This video (and the dubstep gun in particular) reminded me of one of the Deadpool trailers defining "dubstep" as "the sound of a computer being lobotomized put to a beat." Man, it's been a long time since I've seen a game just have this much fun in it.

That song was great and funny. Hats off to you Gavin.

So many lawls, man. Keep wubbin on.

It is great to see that you manage to renew my faith in the fact that all musical genres can be good if there is an actual love for the art rather than seeing it as a means of earning "easy" money. I don't listen to a whole lot of wub and I don't really like the genre, but as a musician I can really appreciate the passion and effort put into making something like this.

Not having played the game should not be a problem in getting the essence of this song I presume, seeing as how the game it pretty much just a product of all the designers goofing around as much as they possibly can. I bet you had a smile on your face most of the time while making this song.

Wait, when did Prototype get into my Saints Row?

And why haven't I bought this game yet? I mean, really now.

Quite a fun song, though, Gav. A little too much wub to lyric ratio for my taste, but I can still appreciate it.

I enjoyed the song and I would prefer this in the dubstep gun over what they put in that new dlc pack, but that being said, not my favorite song of your. Still enjoyable.
Also, now I have seen a playable Gavin and Jim in SR4... as well as Cage, but who hasn't seen that one?

Awww, I was hoping you'd break down and channel Zimos!

Guess that's still a no-no.

Wait... The Boss in SR4 does the Epic Sax Guy dance?

FUCKING SOLD!

I totally giggled like an idiot when the bass dropped and avatar Gav dropped to the ground.

TOO MUCH BASS!

Anyways, good song. Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of dubstep, but that was pretty good. A silly wub wub song to a silly wub wub game.

It's all too perfect. Also, the "LFO" part in the lyrics made me smile.

Please Gavin do a dance video, please, I will kickstarter it if needed.

That was really good fun, it does make me wish i had saints row.

and if it was was half as fun to make as it was to watch, i hope you had an awesome time making it.

Hardwub or Wubcore? Either way, it's been on repeat for a few hours now.

Code for your President please (or upload it to the Saints Row exchange)
Need President Dunne for my next playthrough!

Usually I'm not into Dubstep... but this was actually really catchy.

THAT! WAS! AWEEEESOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!

God, I've always hated dub step. Worse than gangsta rap...
... Is what I used to think. Lovin' the wubs today, though!

Plus, loving your awesome Gavatar on SR4

I can always count on Gav to make me love a song that's in a genre that I've never cared for. Love the song, and the video of your avatar dancing was awesome. Great work, man!

Love the blend of styles! I think you've done a much better job of integrating the dubstep with your existing style than pretty much anyone else I've heard who wasn't already writing that kind of music. So no hate from me. ;)

And really, what other genre was a Saint's Row 4 song gonna be?

I pretty much lost my shit as soon as I saw digital Gavin in electric blue headphones, dancing around in between using his super powers :P

I kinda hate dubstep, but as someone has already pointed out, this is Dunnestep and therefore cool!

Really love the crazy energy of the song, Gav!

Also, thanks for the warning- my feelings of rage and betrayal are more manageable now ;)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here