Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Top Hats

Top 5 Top Hats

Lisa gets all fancy schmancy in this week's top five where she canoodles with the rich and famous top hat wearers.

Watch Video

You have 2 cats now? Kevin must be a bitch to clean up after. My shorthair is enough to drive me mad with all the balls of hair drifting around like little tumbleweeds if I forget to vacuum every couple of days.

I understand your pain... trying to place a hat onto your beloved feline friend. It's hard because they never corporate with you.
Then again, cats are very independent. They won't even come to you unless they feel it's in their will to. God dang cats why do I love you so?

OT: I laughed at your #1 pick plus I am surprised he went up against Phoenix Wright.. don't even recall that happening but mostly interesting.
Also YES!! You picked Moxxi as one of the top 5. Her top hat is significant to her design overall :D

Maybe they don't cooperate because you shouldn't DO IT?????? I can't stand people who play dress up with their pets.

Barely one step above those who call their animals "their children".

Aw yes, you put Moxxi in there, as well as footage from unlocking 'Epic Fetus' from BoI. All of my love and respect forever.
"WHO ARE YOU AND WHO DO YOU LOVE?"

The Swedish king in the pink hat with bunny ears... BRILLIANT. If he ever wore something like that in public I might even be able to rustle up some respect for the man. (Can't wait until Viktoria takes over; if we have to have a monarchy, at least let's have someone with some class and integrity.)

I used to wear an outback brimmed hat all the time. Mainly because I have a ginormous head and it was the first one I found in a store after I became a teenager that FIT (3XL, by the way). I wore it from the latter half of high school through my Junior year of college, when I decided to end my long-hair phase and found that the hat didn't really fit the new look.

I was pleasantly surprised that Reaver was on this list, but made an "I knew it" groan when you had Layton as your number one. I've got nothing against those games. I've never played them. However, I've gotten a bit annoyed about how gaming culture can't help but claim those games are the best ever. Kinda like how it can't shut up about the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Think you will find shark Kevin was best. Not statement, obvious fact!

ot:I must not play classy enough games, as the only one I could think of was Chester from Dark Souls.

You've got some good cats there. Pretty sure if I tried that on either of my cats, there would be blood and crying. Not saying my cats are mean, they just don't like to be fucked with.

The mini top hat looked fine.

Good show Lisa. I think people will forgive you for your past transgressions.

Also, don't feel bad about not getting us a cat in a hat.
Short of gluing it to their heads, I don't think it can be done for more than a second.

Why no The Ghastly Gibus from TF2? Okay, it's propably not famous by how awesome it is, but how about Towering pillar of hats. It's a tophat on a hat with a hat on top of it. I quess where Im going with this is that I find it fairly bizar to talk of hats in videogames without even mentioning TF2.

Am I really the only person who has never seen nor played Duck Tales? I had never even heard of it until ComicCon this year (and no im not a random 10 year old to young to have been around for it... im 24)

I just realized Lisa's Top 5 is actually a pretty crappy and stale show, but I watch it anyway... Well, cute girl is easily watchable. Still, I'd rather have Reel physics back.

Devin Barker:
Am I really the only person who has never seen nor played Duck Tales?

Me neither and I'm 30, tho I remember hearing about it in the past.

Curse you Lisa! Now I'm going to have that song in my head all night!

Sgt. Sykes:
I just realized Lisa's Top 5 is actually a pretty crappy and stale show, but I watch it anyway... Well, cute girl is easily watchable. Still, I'd rather have Reel physics back.

Devin Barker:
Am I really the only person who has never seen nor played Duck Tales?

Me neither and I'm 30, tho I remember hearing about it in the past.

Glad im not alone... I was really caught off guard at the capcom panel when the did a singalong to the theme and I was the one dude just sitting there...

Lisa, I am disappoint. Y U NO MEMTION TF2?

DrTesla:
...but how about Towering pillar of hats. It's a tophat on a hat with a hat on top of it. I quess where Im going with this is that I find it fairly bizar to talk of hats in videogames without even mentioning TF2.

Don't forget the Scotsman's Stovepipe! Truly, the World's Greatest Military-Themed Hat Simulator -- a.k.a. TF2 -- with its three variants on the top hat deserved at least a passing mention. It's a good list, to be sure, and you'd have to remove someone to make room for TF2... maybe Fable? Maybe?

Well I prefer trilbies myself, but those are some stylish hats.

These Top 5's are beginning to lose all meaning. That is if they ever had meaning.

I also agree, dressing up pets is a bad idea. My cat is lovely unless you try something like that and then you might lose an eye.

I only have two questions about Layton's hat: How much does that thing weigh, and how does it not fall off his head all the time? Does he have an Indiana Jones thing going on with that hat?

Also, yay Ducktales! I loved the NES version as a kid and I'm going to get the new version one of these days.

Where's Hatty Hattington? He's the walking definition of handsome gentleman.

Top hats? Seriously? No disrespect intended but are we out of ideas so soon?

Guys...she can't include the TF2 hats. She was talking about characters KNOWN for their top hats, not characters that have them as alternate headgear.

No surprise Layton made the #1 spot. Hell, that top hat of his is now his insignia! (Sort of.)

I do have one question about Moxxi's outfit, though. Why is she sporting enough facepaint to make it look like she moonlights as a mime artist? Granted, her specialty IS entertaining others, but still...

Wait, are both the cats named Kevin? Why is there a plural in the video?

shiajun:
Wait, are both the cats named Kevin? Why is there a plural in the video?

"There's nothing so odd about that: Kemal Ataturk had an entire menagerie called Abdul!"

Lisa looked really unhappy when putting on the top hat. It was as though someone asked her to attach a spider to her head.

"His schoolboy apprentice Luke" He's just Layton's apprentice, sure he is. Oh the lies we tell ourselves.

First, I need to look up the #1 game you mentioned looks interesting.
Second, Fable is my bane!
Third, Lisa I think you need Dress up as Moxxie!

I rally thought there will be at least one hat from Team Fortress 2.

GamemasterAnthony:
Guys...she can't include the TF2 hats. She was talking about characters KNOWN for their top hats, not characters that have them as alternate headgear.

No surprise Layton made the #1 spot. Hell, that top hat of his is now his insignia! (Sort of.)

I do have one question about Moxxi's outfit, though. Why is she sporting enough facepaint to make it look like she moonlights as a mime artist? Granted, her specialty IS entertaining others, but still...

I'm going to have to agree here where I think it's not just the hat, but the person/character also able to pull off wearing the hat.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here