Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Awards for 2008

This week Yahtzee gives out his game awards for 2008.

Watch Video

LesIsMore:
Was looking forward to this for a while now!

I bloody love it when Yahtzee doesn't review a game, but those who would post "FIRST!!!!!1" post that they were waiting for it. Same thing happened with the Clip-show.

Some speedy bannage is most definitely required to weed out the idiots.

saint's row 2 wins best game of the year!!! woohoo!!!!

Wow, just an excuse to add more bile to the hated horror genre and others.

fish food carl:

LesIsMore:
Was looking forward to this for a while now!

I bloody love it when Yahtzee doesn't review a game, but those who would post "FIRST!!!!!1" post that they were waiting for it. Same thing happened with the Clip-show.

Some speedy bannage is most definitely required to weed out the idiots.

Well he didn't say he actually watched the video so he thinks that may be an argument to defend him. Although dunno if the mods will fall for it. ;)

Oh and survival horror gets the bigger failure. So true.

Edit: And there we go.

Instead of telling us he missed a few game reviews why didnt he just do one now instead of this relatively weak episode?
(i was looking forward to gears of war 2 aswell)

happy new yer every one

lol best award show of this year =) about last year
Can't wait to see the zp awards on the boxes next year!
oh yea and happy new year every one!

"Not that's stupid. God you're dumb"

hehe

Nice look back at the year Yahtzee, shame that music still gets on my tits :S

Happy 2009!

Not bad, but I prefer game reviews. It's quite dissapointing when there isn't a proper review after waiting a week.

Wouldn't Left 4 Dead be considered a horror game?

This is only good in contrast to the ridiculously bad "Unskippable" shit in the end. DURR HURR SUICIDE

Honestly I didn't see any similarity between System Shock 2 and Dead Space.

System Shock 2 is a wonderfully atmospheric FPS RPG with a great story and well-implemented mechanics.

Dead Space is an Alien/s knock-off with interesting weapons and jump-out scares to rival the last Jason movie.

I happen to think SHODAN is a scarier antagonist because it's more possible for an AI to be come self-aware and malevolent than for space radiation to make head-devouring mutants out of a spaceship crew.

But maybe that's just me.

This seemed shorter than usual reviews but that was probably due to the interruptions each minute. Great idea with the awards :)

Oh and Left 4 Dead is a horror-like game but it's actually good.

Not an actual review, which disappointed me.

It's nice that you gave Saints Row 2 the deserved praise.

Oh good grief. I can't believe someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28

Good stuff.
Very appropriate for this time of year...

MasterCheifn:
Wouldn't Left 4 Dead be considered a horror game?

I considered that at the time, but I'm unsure if it counted as "survival horror". Sure, you need to survive, but it's different to those he mentioned. It falls under "zombie shooter".

EA will probably make itself a trophy!

I honestly have to say that either Yahtzee is simply calling attention to himself but having a sacred cow barbecue or he's just brutally honest. I prefer to say the latter, but I kept getting the feeling it was the former.

I'm going to choose the believe that he's being honest. He's never let me down before!

The "Indiana Jones in a Fridge" Award?

Pure Comedic Genius. I actually had to pause the vid until I stopped laughing.

Mythbhavd:
Oh good grief. I can't someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28

That video at the end was from Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Funny vid, even more funny most of the awards are bad :P the clips after the awards however weren't so funny

so... no....

LBP
Cod 5
Gears2
Resistance 2

well at least we have time to see if he reviews any of that games

And Yahtzee confirms why I spent the bulk of 2008 replaying my favorite PS2 and SNES games rather than snapping up the latest releases.

Thank you, you herculean exemplar you.

Ahh the year in review... the time when Yahtzee can do AOE to many games at once. Almost fell out of my chair with the cartoon rat joke. Keep up the good work this year too Yahtzee.

Yahtzee you racist bastard...

Cut out these fucking award shows and clip shows. I came here to see Yahtzee review a video game and thats what i want to bloody see.

cant ..... stop ..... laughing

Ace of Spades:
Not an actual review, which disappointed me.

Me two.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 49190)