Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I do enjoy a year-in-review show, even if you left out a few games that I think deserved a good twat-swat. :)

I think that Gears of War 2 will show to out Saints Row 2 for best game easily Yahtzee. Multi-player is excellent as is the live interactions. I played on the 360 with friends and found it to be a true joy. It was one of the few games I kept going back to over and over again to play. The story play is decent, only ever had one or two glitches with it, and you get a bit more of the story and what could be possibly going on with the whole war. Please let us all know what you think of Gears of War 2 very soon. Looking forward to your next review.

jemborg:
To all those that complain about the clip or awards shows not being a proper review episode... let the guy have a holiday occasionally. Even I don't expect the excellent TV review show "Good Game" to play all year, for instance. You're bloody lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the first place. (Yes, I can say "bloody" because I am an Aussie who grew up saying it).

You whinging spoilt brats.

Happy New Year everyone (especially Ben C).

So we shouldn't say things we are thinking just because we're "lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the first place"? That is a retarded argument, for one thing at a certain point it turns to not being "lucky to have it" if it turns in ways we don't like. I could argue "it could be worse than George W. Bush is doing, but does that mean we should take that shit?

Why precisely is it that Yahtzee believes that the only good horror games are ones that are subtle? However pacing I can understand.

For all of you who keep saying that Yahtzee's a 360 fanboy, need I remind you that many of his videos feature him sitting at a computer... Unless you've cracked your 360 and turned it into a mini-computer, I hardly see how you all can whine about his lack of PS3 reviews. Here's a fairly decent reason as to why he may not have done a lot of PS3 game reviews:

There aren't that many fricking PS3 games worth reviewing, and the ones that are worth reviewing can also be played (usually) on PC or 360 with different/better controls.

I love PS3 and I love 360. Hell, I even love the Wii every now and then, but seriously, people, you have to keep in perspective 1) where he lives, 2) what's available in the first place, and 3) every gamer is biased to their own favorite genre. Factor in those three reasons, and you might just have another answer to quichurbitchin'.

(Although, I will say I'm disappointed in the lack of review for LBP, but hey, maybe he'll get to it this year...)

left 4 dead mixes 3 things i love:
1. guns
2. zombies/blowing zombies up/to pieces
3. you and 3 mates killing said zombies
to be honest best game to play when drinking and/or stoned in my opinion

For those that were disapointed because there was really no review.. look at it from this POV.
Yahtzee reviewed the entire year, and gave out awards; what more do you want?

Anyone else get a bar across the top of the new player that has part of the intro still displayed on it for the entire episode? I've tried on 3 systems with 3 browsers now and they all have it.

retlawmay:

jemborg:
To all those that complain about the clip or awards shows not being a proper review episode... let the guy have a holiday occasionally. Even I don't expect the excellent TV review show "Good Game" to play all year, for instance. You're bloody lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the first place. (Yes, I can say "bloody" because I am an Aussie who grew up saying it).

So we shouldn't say things we are thinking just because we're "lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the first place"? That is a retarded argument, for one thing at a certain point it turns to not being "lucky to have it" if it turns in ways we don't like. I could argue "it could be worse than George W. Bush is doing, but does that mean we should take that shit?

Oh ROFLMAO, retlawmay. That is exactly the kind of spoilt whinging brat with an overblown sense of entitlement remark that I was getting at. Get over yourself, and look at the bigger picture- instead of projecting your shit onto me. "...retarded argument" pah! In no way did I say you "...shouldn't say things we(you) are thinking...". Your whole pov here is an immature exaggeration- I too have a right to say I'm sick of these whining remarks that fill these posts, contributing nothing, without perhaps having to suffer a direct overblown personal attack from the likes of you. You have, what I like to call, a "twat" argument.

Disagree with him all you like (I know I do). But yeah, you/we really ARE lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the gaming milieu. Do I REALLY have to spell out why? Oh, come on! So you didn't get the review ep you wanted this week- is it really all that "shitty"? Oh, WAH WAH! Diddums!

Peace... off.

i love Saints Row and this makes me love it more, YAA!

Jursa:
Ahh the year in review... the time when Yahtzee can do AOE to many games at once. Almost fell out of my chair with the cartoon rat joke. Keep up the good work this year too Yahtzee.

why bother he's already killed them maimed them and had brutal *fun* with them just get on to the next victum (CoD:World at War)

KingPiccolOwned:
Why precisely is it that Yahtzee believes that the only good horror games are ones that are subtle? However pacing I can understand.

Its just part of what HE may like about the game and not what u want like he adjusts every vid. to exactly what u want =D no offence just makin a comment

I didn't like 2008, it's nice to be reminded with a bang of cynical hilarity of some of the reasons, WHY I didn't like 2008.

No mention of Mario Kart Wii... :(

Recently got Saints Row 2 and I was not expecting to have fun with it, but hot dog it's a fun game! (I think it's more fun than GTA IV)

It is nice to know that atleast someone intelligent agrees that MGS4, and GTA IV were complete jokes. While I don't think Saint's Row 2 outshines Fall Out 3 for GOTY, it was certainly much more fun than GTA IV. However, I definitely believe SR2 would be atleast in the top 5 2008 games. Rockstar still has a rather stellar release record, and I think their hearts were in the right place. They need to understand that realism should not take the place of a games fun factor/replay value.

Aiwe:

Breno:
umm..... WTF resistance 2 hello 9 out of 10 got more them tomb raider and farcry and wats this yatzee agein dose not review a playstation game i could deal with not reviewing LBP but if he dosent review god of war 3 or killzone 2 i am going to call him an 360 fanboy yes i will!!!but serisly gear and reistance both should of got a review instead of sonic and mirros egde plz uve got to add resistance to ur list of games to review plz i could go on and on so just do it plz (hold on what about COD5?)

Please, for the love of God, learn proper grammar. It actually hurt reading that.

I'm also pretty sure that he won't care if you call him an Xbox fanboy, because he'd much rather rip into you.

However, I'd like to see him review some PS3 games, just because I know he'd crucify them for fun, just like 90% of all the games he reviews.

I would quite like to see a review on CoD5 though, despite the fact I know nothing changed and he'll tear into it (which won't make a difference to me. I have it, and it's great fun, especially once you release the dogs), just to see what he thinks of it.

i have to agree with u in one way as i usally dont let yatzee infuenice my buying i know proper grammer its just my keyboard is a peice of crap and some letters have to be pushed harder then others

Finally someone else than me who agreed that MGS4 should've been a stealth game. Seriously, if I hear "but the good thing about the game is that you can play it however you want" from one more fan boy (not counting smartalecks replying to this post), I'm going to stealthily slit their throats with razor blades fired from a rail gun.

Agree with all the awards except the one for MGS4, for the simple reason that i can't see how the game could kill the franchise. Is more than obvious that Konami won't let that one die just like that.

Now, if the award was meant in terms of quality, if MGS2 awful story didn't kill the franchise i can't see how MGS4 story (which is quite so-so) could do the same.

Also, I want to apoligize on behalf of Hideo Kojima if Metal Gear Solid 4 was too complicated for Ben to understand. That game was a masterpiece and no, I'm not a MGS fanboy.[/quote][Yahtzee]Yes you are...[/Yahtzee]
:D

MGS4 had lots of incredible quality (soundtrack, graphics, the sheer scale, etc.)... but ultimately was not Metal Gear Solid and had, face it, a strange-to-say-the-least storyline. And Kudos to Kojima for ending a series of stealth games by making it an action game where you mow down enemies with everything from machine guns to Stingers to rail guns that shoot grenades. Watch me try to outdo him by releasing a Gran Turismo game where you can drive as slowly as you want and finish last, five minutes behind everyone else - and still win.

I hope he reviews Persona 4 soon.

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

Oh ROFLMAO, retlawmay. That is exactly the kind of spoilt whinging brat with an overblown sense of entitlement remark that I was getting at. Get over yourself, and look at the bigger picture- instead of projecting your shit onto me. "...retarded argument" pah! In no way did I say you "...shouldn't say things we(you) are thinking...". Your whole pov here is an immature exaggeration- I too have a right to say I'm sick of these whining remarks that fill these posts, contributing nothing, without perhaps having to suffer a direct overblown personal attack from the likes of you. You have, what I like to call, a "twat" argument.

Disagree with him all you like (I know I do). But yeah, you/we really ARE lucky to have Zero Punctuation in the gaming milieu. Do I REALLY have to spell out why? Oh, come on! So you didn't get the review ep you wanted this week- is it really all that "shitty"? Oh, WAH WAH! Diddums!

Peace... off.

Wow you sure do like to try and be like trying to imitate Yahtzee. Your view of me as "immature" is most likely a projection, but suit yourself, nothing ever comes of flame wars except for dicks like you spawning and recruiting numbers. If you only like to listen to imitating fan boy's opinions I guess you came to the right forum seeing as to how many of you try to talk like Yahtzee.

retlawmay:

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

Peace... off.

Wow you sure do like to try and be like trying to imitate Yahtzee. Your view of me as "immature" is most likely a projection, but suit yourself, nothing ever comes of flame wars except for dicks like you spawning and recruiting numbers. If you only like to listen to imitating fan boy's opinions I guess you came to the right forum seeing as to how many of you try to talk like Yahtzee.

"Projection"...??? Hey I called it first. It's a bit late to take the high road retlawmay. LOL . I guess the truth hurts and the best you can do is repeat what I wrote.

If you want to over-react, exaggerate and throw n00b cliques like "retarded" or "fanboy" about and crap on about flame wars... then you're a fucking hypocrite mate.

If you don't want to get a aggressive response don't initially respond in a aggressive way. I directed my initial post at no particular person. AND then I refrained from criticising you as a person- just your comeback. Jeez, I was trying to be kind. You're just utterly blind to yourself I see... YET AGAIN! (Are you an only child btw?)

I just write the way I want. As for sounding like Yahtzee... read above (oh please, actually read it), I live in Australia- part of the Britsh Commonwealth. I was in no way trying to imitate Yahtzee- I for one am no master of simile.

Calling me a Yahtzee fanboy just makes an old old gamer like me laugh. Also, calling me a dick will REALLY put you in my firing line- coz you can't refrain from ad hominum. I've never started a flame war- I'm pretty friendly actually. (It would be a bit late to start one in this thread anyway.) I don't even really care if someone wants to be obtuse. I only reserve my vitriol for people who ask for it... witless desperate little turds like yourself.

I couldn't agree more with the "turd in a chocolate box" award winner. My friend has GTA4 and I was hella thrilled to play it, but it was just sooooooo boring. I was almost shocked to see all the wackyness and fun from San Andreas having been disappeared under shitty cars and sights so copypasted and brown that it made my own poo look like a theme park.

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

Peace... off.

"Projection"...??? Hey I called it first. It's a bit late to take the high road retlawmay. LOL . I guess the truth hurts and the best you can do is repeat what I wrote.

If you want to over-react, exaggerate and throw n00b cliques like "retarded" or "fanboy" about and crap on about flame wars... then you're a fucking hypocrite mate.

If you don't want to get a aggressive response don't initially respond in a aggressive way. I directed my initial post at no particular person. AND then I refrained from criticising you as a person- just your comeback. Jeez, I was trying to be kind. You're just utterly blind to yourself I see... YET AGAIN! (Are you an only child btw?)

I just write the way I want. As for sounding like Yahtzee... read above (oh please, actually read it), I live in Australia- part of the Britsh Commonwealth. I was in no way trying to imitate Yahtzee- I for one am no master of simile.

Calling me a Yahtzee fanboy just makes an old old gamer like me laugh. Also, calling me a dick will REALLY put you in my firing line- coz you can't refrain from ad hominum. I've never started a flame war- I'm pretty friendly actually. (It would be a bit late to start one in this thread anyway.) I don't even really care if someone wants to be obtuse. I only reserve my vitriol for people who ask for it... witless desperate little turds like yourself.

I fail to see where you took the "high road" and where I "repeated you". If you really are an adult it is news to me, but that is a conversation you should be having with someone else, like a psychologist or something. If you truly believe me to be a child then I should expect you not to respond in such a childlike manner.

retlawmay:

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

retlawmay:

jemborg:

Peace... off.

I fail to see where you took the "high road" and where I "repeated you". If you really are an adult it is news to me, but that is a conversation you should be having with someone else, like a psychologist or something. If you truly believe me to be a child then I should expect you not to respond in such a childlike manner.

Oh Jeez, you really are a benighted trolling fuckwit ain't you?

What about Portal for the best game of the year!?

grunt-4-life:
1. guns

Hawt damn! There's a statement I can get behind! :D
Shotguns+Zombies= roaring good time!

Northover32:
What about Portal for the best game of the year!?

Probably has something to do with Portal being a 2007 game. :) Late 2007, but '07 nevertheless.

Firia:

grunt-4-life:
1. guns

Hawt damn! There's a statement I can get behind! :D
Shotguns+Zombies= roaring good time!

well everyone loves killing undead hoards and what better way then to use big guns and lots of explosions.

we love killing zombies dont we?

How can he say that Saints Row 2 is the best game of the year, when he still hasn't even reviewed all (or most) of the games from 2008. (Left 4 Dead, or Gears of War 2 should have won!!!)

great names for the awards

I do think dead space and mirror's edge are good games hell they could be great games but not many did play them.

But i do think MGS4 should have won game of the year its the only game that went beyond any expectations for me when it a gaming experiences

I love how Yahtzee ragged on FO3 for "stagnating" when the game was a complete gameplay reboot for the franchise AND he gushed pretty hard about it in his own review!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59787)