Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Understood. Apology accepted.

fish food carl:

LesIsMore:
Was looking forward to this for a while now!

I bloody love it when Yahtzee doesn't review a game, but those who would post "FIRST!!!!!1" post that they were waiting for it. Same thing happened with the Clip-show.

Some speedy bannage is most definitely required to weed out the idiots.

I thought we finally got past all that, no one got banned in the PoP review last week. Oh well, some people never learn.

MasterCheifn:
Wouldn't Left 4 Dead be considered a horror game?

No, I and most people agree that its a shooter with the zombies added later. That said, it is incredibly fun and atmospheric.

Mythbhavd:
Oh good grief. I can't believe someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28

First, irony. Second, that video was from the new series, Unskippable. Its pretty funny, when it isn't being taken out of context.

verd:
Yahtzee is getting so insufferably lazy recently. First that bullshit 'Year In Review' which consisted entirely of 5 minutes of jokes taken out of context and now 'Awards for 2008'? I mean seriously? Yahtzee's recent works, with the exception of his Prince of Persia review, have been nothing but half-assed compilations which mean he doesn't have to do any proper work for that week.

Oh yeah, and I'll have a medium ban, with chips and curry sauce. And a Diet Coke.

Yes, damn him for wanting a break over the Christmas holidays! He should be working night and day for our personal entertainment!

This video gives my anti virus software the heeby-jeebies.

And I thought he was mean during the Sonic Unleashed review, this is brutal by comparison.

I am so sorry you didn't get MGS4, really.

I can't believe I'm actually lowering myself to post here, but who cares. I can't believe I watched that garbage after the second award because that's when I realized I was going to have to listen to that Nu Metal bullshit intro song EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

In fact, I don't even know why I watch these reviews now knowing that the song plays opening and closing EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

I can aaaalmost understand ignoring LBP, since it's aimed more at kids than adults. But not even acknowledging CoD5? Resistance 2?? Perhaps only to include it in the cavalcade of sequels, but Resistance also rocks socks.

Lt. Sera:
200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] '486''

It looks like the CDN that Castfire is using to host the videos is having DNS resolution problems in the UK, Ireland, and a few other northern European areas. We're letting them know about it now and hopefully it'll be fixed very soon.

In the meantime, you might want to see if OpenDNS (or something similar) will fix the problem for you.

I can see him hating Gears 2. Now I'm going to have to pick up Saints Row 2.

I found the award-giving review this week to be a bit shallow...Sorry...but I look forward to your next review. Hopefully you can look at Farcry 2 and give it some sort of..."critisism"? :P

argh, mi 'at-wearin' shipmate,
when I saw the title of this week's ZP, I thought, "Well, this is gonn' be a bit wank." but it wasn't. It was very good. Congratulations old chap, from another old chap. Remember to review FLOWER in 2009. That's Flower. And you won't be able to complain that "it's not out in Australia yet" because it's a PSN download title. I think.

nervous (piratey) laughter

ultimasupersaiyan:
2008 really seemed like a crap year in gaming, especially through Yahtzee's eye. I found a couple of games last year I like which Yahtzee didn't review... mainly because they're JRPG's and he hates them as much as I hate westren RPGs. I guess it's all about opinions and I agree with Saint's Row 2 being best of 2008 because even though everywhere else said MGS4, I found the game to be rather poor in comparison to the older ones. Somehow I get the feeling that 2009 may not be much different(outside of Street Fighter IV) because again it look like another year of sequels, clones and hopefully the ultimate questions answered, which are when will Final Fantasy XIII be released so we can sit in our seats properly? and will a new innovative game that doesn't fall short at the finish line be released? Then again it's all about taste and personal opinions.

Also I hope that 2009 brings Yahtzee a new game in his top 5 because if a new game makes it in his top 5 you know it's got to be one of the best.

I dunno, 2009 looks alright. I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol (which might be either 2009 or 2010), F.E.A.R 2, and I Am Alive (again, might be either year).

TheCurtmiester:
thats lame i love the new prince and the ending

I know. You'd think he never played SoT (one of his top 5 games ever, I remind you) because they end in very similar ways.

ok lets be honest the end of the review was the funniest part where the little girl from eternal sonata asked about the puddle

Pretty good awards. Now to look forward to 2009 and just what games are in store for us.

Rather amusing, I must say I am somewaht disappointed with the absence of an actual game review but this happened last year as well so I can't really complain.

Hmm I don't know...
I wonder... can they host some sort of compo to make a theme song for ZP. I'm sure there are many talented people out there...

I don't like the current music :P

Good year review tho.

I kept getting the same error message reported earlier in the thread while trying to play the video. Tried clearing the cache, but still wouldn't work. I then tried Firefox instead of IE7 and the video played fine.

I would suggest that those with video playback problems change browser too.

Great year in review thing Yahtzee! I loved the part about the ZP awards "for me!" Great review, I hope your next video is an actual review though :P

verd:

Doug:
Verd, just because someone likes something, doesn't mean they have sexual favours from them - you might work like that, but thats not my business. Also, why is calling me gay considered an insult? You homophobic? Anyway, resorting to swear words on this forum is generally a sign you haven't been here long, or are under the drinking age by a large margin. Or both.

Doug:
Nope, I just get annoyed at agronant 9 year olds like him, and from the sounds of things, you

Uh-huh. Try getting back to me when spelling simple words like 'arrogant' isn't beyond your capabilities, kiddo. Until then, you're a waste of my time and everybody else's - you're already disliked and riding Yahtzee's balls every few minutes doesn't seem to be helping that much.

Whoopie do, a homophobic overly-compensating guy who claims to be "really alot older than you kiddo". Grand. When you come out of the closet, I suspect you'll be alot happier with your life.

It's really fortunate that you're funny, because your opinions appear to have very little to do with that of most gamers. Well, certainly not mine at least, which is something I imagine we both take pride in.

P.S.
Putting Mirror's Edge next to titles like Haze, Too Human and the new fucking Sonic game makes you a total tit.

Oh My God. If Yahtzee dislikes games that have sequel numbers in their name, why did not he review Little Big Planet? A game that almost everyone ignored.

as much as I love the Dorsch (sounds like Porsche but not) music, why was it before every "award", did Yahtzee need to breathe in or something?

severonic:
It's really fortunate that you're funny, because your opinions appear to have very little to do with that of most gamers. Well, certainly not mine at least, which is something I imagine we both take pride in.

P.S.
Putting Mirror's Edge next to titles like Haze, Too Human and the new fucking Sonic game makes you a total tit.

who are you talking to? Yahtzee?
dude he's not here, he's too busy ignoring you to death.

and by most gamers, you mean your friends list?.

Oh I am so glad Yahtzee slapped Prince of Persia for for that WTF ending!

I wish it had a review... but this was good.

What really pissed me off was I thought it was going to be widescreen and maybe higher quality, since I saw a change in the video player. Oh well.

"Except Tomb Raider obviously" hahahaha. Thats the outright "slap-in-the-face'ery" I've come to love with ZP. Agreed I prefer a review to an actual game usually but I feel thats only because I'm EXPECTING a game to be reviewed and it throws me when its not. That said no complaints here great video!

Also... "Indiana Jones in a fridge award"?? :P

ColdStorage:

severonic:

P.S.

who are you talking to? Yahtzee?
dude he's not here, he's too busy ignoring you to death.

and by most gamers, you mean your friends list?.

Lol well put. I was wondering the same thing actually

at least the awards were slightly more entertaining than that ridiculous year in review bullshit. theres lots of top shelf games he didnt review yet.......

I don't understand. Has Little Big Planet not come out it Australia?! Also, I want to apoligize on behalf of Hideo Kojima if Metal Gear Solid 4 was too complicated for Ben to understand. That game was a masterpiece and no, I'm not a MGS fanboy. MGS4 happens to be the first one I've ever played.

Awesome video.
I found this to be highly entertaining!
I hope to see what your "game of the year" for 2009 is :P (If you do this again.)
Although the Black Mesa: Source mod will be better then any game that comes out this year. ;)

Heh, not only was it not an actual review, but it seemed to be a simple rampaging rant. (I get enough of that from Foamy,) I honestly hope he doesn't stick with going down this little path, but it's his slot so I suppose he can do whatever he wants.

I liked the award giving this week, it rounds of the year very well. I don't understand people complaining about the video 2 weeks ago. You can hardly expect him to release a new video on Christmas Eve.

Anyway I liked this video, look forward to next weeks.

give me a call yahzee, Im in canada...
I assume canada aint so bad....
I was first in the 778 area code so I got my own number...
its XXX-XXX-XXXX
you can call me...
come over Ill treat you to nice organic pizza and we can hang each other and celebrate the end of the world

p.s. 9455 spells will

nice....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook