EXP: Do's & Don'ts Episode 11

Do's & Don'ts Episode 11

Jimmy gets tips on how to defend himself against Clyde's older brother.

Watch Video

Wait wait wait, 'why are you bombing yourself". Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that most of the casulaties of this war was suffered by Muslims.
Lets ignore the fact that the US breaks EVERY international law it says it holds up. Lets forget that the US still has chemical weapons when it said it would get rid of them in 1997. Lets forget that it KNEW Syria had cemical weapons before the war even began but didn't say a word because of an agreement that says Syria gets to keep chemical weapons if Israel get nuclear ones. Lets forget that US is the one country that uses its veto the most often in the Security Council and dictates its terms to the entire world. Lets forget that the US IS THE BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL BULLY IN THE WORLD.

"YOU could almost pity these people. For 67 years successive US governments have resisted calls to reform the UN security council. They've defended a system which grants five nations a veto over world affairs, reducing all others to impotent spectators. They have abused the powers and trust with which they have been vested. They have collaborated with the other four permanent members (the UK, Russia, China and France) in a colonial carve-up, through which these nations can pursue their own corrupt interests at the expense of peace and global justice."

SOURCE: http://dawn.com/news/1042080/us-breaks-every-law-it-claims-to-uphold

Man, this show really can't seem to find an audience...

Lono Shrugged:
Grrrrrr!!!

Hrrrmmmm...don't be shy, Lono, tell us what you really think.

Lono Shrugged:
Man, this show really can't seem to find an audience...

I watch it religiously. Seriously...this show is my new GOD!

I don't often write in, though. OTOH, you're right that it doesn't draw many views. Hmmmm, is this series already available on YouTube like the Deathmatch stuff is?

Copper Zen:

Lono Shrugged:
Grrrrrr!!!

I don't understand what you mean. What is the growl about?

Lono Shrugged:

Copper Zen:

Lono Shrugged:
Grrrrrr!!!

I don't understand what you mean. What is the growl about?

Oh, I thought "Grrrr" would be more amusing that putting in "snip".

Beyond that your post sounded...a little angry, that's all. Have you never seen a show or movie where someone joked "No, really, what are you trying to tell me?" after someone else complained or went off on a rant about some topic?

It was nothing more than that. ^_^

Copper Zen:
I don't often write in, though. OTOH, you're right that it doesn't draw many views. Hmmmm, is this series already available on YouTube like the Deathmatch stuff is?

It is, indeed.

Yep, received a warning. Just like I knew I would. And the person who impugned our nation on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack it's ever known gets to say whatever crap they like without fear of reprisal. Nice to know what the moderators do and do not consider free speech.

LysanderNemoinis:
Yep, received a warning. Just like I knew I would. And the person who impugned our nation on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack it's ever known gets to say whatever crap they like without fear of reprisal. Nice to know what the moderators do and do not consider free speech.

Gosh, you're right! We should do away with the whole "Freedom of Speech" thing when it comes to POV's we find wrong, misplaced, or insulting! DOWN WITH THE BILL OF RIGHTS! /sarcasm

When you're deliberately rude and insulting in such a way of course you're going to receive a warning. You had it coming and you said as much--though criticizing the Mods for following through by enforcing the very rules you knew you were breaking strikes me as odd.

If you want to rant about politics and terrorism then may I suggest you visit R&P?

Copper Zen:

LysanderNemoinis:

Gosh, you're right! We should do away with the whole "Freedom of Speech" thing when it comes to POV's we find wrong, misplaced, or insulting! DOWN WITH THE BILL OF RIGHTS! /sarcasm

When you're deliberately rude and insulting in such a way of course you're going to receive a warning. You had it coming and you said as much--though criticizing the Mods for following through by enforcing the very rules you knew you were breaking strikes me as odd.

If you want to rant about politics and terrorism then may I suggest you visit R&P?

I love the First Amendment. What I have a problem with is the fact that these days freedom of speech doesn't apply to everyone equally, as it should. If you say something offensive, I have a right to call you out on it. And I did. I wasn't the one who injected politics and religion into this, but Arif_Sohaib. Take it up with him. And I knew the Mods would give me a warning, but it was exactly my point. Arif_Sohaib said something I found far more offensive than anything I said, and yet he's never going to receive a warning no matter what he says, as long as what he says is against America. Having that profile picture helps too, I'm sure.

LysanderNemoinis:
What I have a problem with is the fact that these days freedom of speech doesn't apply to everyone equally, as it should.

Given recent mod actions taken on people that have made certain comments about pantomime dames, I wouldn't disagree with you.

However...

If you say something offensive, I have a right to call you out on it. And I did.

Yes, but you also included a personal insult at the end.

If you want to write a comment pointing out something is offensive, you're free to do so.
However, if you feel the desire to be offensive as well, then I question whether that comment is worth posting. You always have the option of ignoring them and going on with your day without sinking to their level.

Copper Zen:

Beyond that your post sounded...a little angry, that's all. Have you never seen a show or movie where someone joked "No, really, what are you trying to tell me?" after someone else complained or went off on a rant about some topic?

Ok, I will put it down to the old misunderstanding text without the context of voice or body language, and not a projection of your own feelings or anything. I'm not being passive aggressive, this show just cannot find an audience. That pokemon spoof that ran 3 episodes got more comments than this show.

madwarper:

LysanderNemoinis:
What I have a problem with is the fact that these days freedom of speech doesn't apply to everyone equally, as it should.

Given recent mod actions taken on people that have made certain comments about pantomime dames, I wouldn't disagree with you.

However...

If you say something offensive, I have a right to call you out on it. And I did.

Yes, but you also included a personal insult at the end.

If you want to write a comment pointing out something is offensive, you're free to do so.
However, if you feel the desire to be offensive as well, then I question whether that comment is worth posting. You always have the option of ignoring them and going on with your day without sinking to their level.

At last, someone with common sense. While I will admit I did in fact sink to the level of the person I was railing against, I'm so sick and tired of "ignoring them and going on with my day." I do that far too much in life as it is, and it's getting to the point I can't hold back any more. Bad words will fly. I'm not a violent person, so swearing is about as angry as I get. So I'll sort of admit I was a bit wrong in telling him to "F off and go to hell," but I'm not going to apologize until he does, which I really doubt is going to happen.

Lono Shrugged:

Copper Zen:

Ok, I will put it down to the old misunderstanding text without the context of voice or body language, and not a projection of your own feelings or anything. I'm not being passive aggressive, this show just cannot find an audience. That pokemon spoof that ran 3 episodes got more comments than this show.

Oh, for goodness sake!!! :(

I quoted YOU went when instead I intended to quote Arif_Sohaib for his post above!!!

I humbly beg your pardon!!! ._.

...Basement Cat slinks back into The Basement...

Huh, So C. Murda's first name is CLifford... that makes sense.. Also... never piss off teacher.

This very video actually defends Nazis saying they are victims of bullying by the US and no one bats an eye about that and none of you noticed that?

You Americans don't even KNOW what terrorism is, what bullying is. ON the very day I made that post my university had to be closed because police made the mistake of arresting someone from an influential political party, one supported by the US. That party was allowed to completely shut down the entire city, the fifth largest city in the world. That is bullying.

Every Eid and almost every important holiday, cellphones are blocked completely in most major cities. Imagine that, imagine all communication being blocked on Christmas in the US. That is bullying.

American agents like Raymond Davis and other influential people are literally allowed to get away with murder. That very same guy was arrested in the US for just assault, the guy that got away with murder in Pakistan. That is bullying.

Outside my neighborhood mosque, terrorists can collect donations that they use to kill our own people and the police and everyone else is too scared to do anything about it. That is bullying.

Terrorists execute many many attacks against innocent Pakistanis, police and army officials have died and the US shouts "do more". That is bullying.

The army succeed in capturing several terrorists and the US says they need to negotiate with the Taliban and we are told to release them. That is bullying.

Musharraf tries to stop the war by those very same negotiation tactics and the US launches drones at the people we are negotiating with and the whole thing goes down the drain. That is bullying.

Musharraf tries to save hostages from a so-called mosque and is booked for murder. That is bullying.

This war is way, way, way more complicated than "bullying", there are a lot more factions than you even know exist, this is not World War 2. The joke was underhanded and completely ignorant of all facts, and shows a complete lack of understanding of the war. That is why it got me angry. If you don't know something, than don't make jokes about it, simple as that.

All this said, I am still sorry for anyone who lost their loved ones in 9/11 but keep in mind that the war is being fought elsewhere and there are a lot more innocent lives currently at stake in the countries where it is being fought and if you ask us to be sensitive about your loss, you should do the same for us.
I am sorry if I offended anyone but this video, and it creators lack of understanding of the war while trying to joke about it offended me first.

Arif_Sohaib:
This very video actually defends Nazis saying they are victims of bullying by the US and no one bats an eye about that and none of you noticed that?

Dude, chill, i mean do you see what you're taking seriously here? Relax, learn to laugh and for god's sake don't confuse parody with satire. Watch the series, you'll learn that it's not out to make any serious commentar. It's just a bunch of kids being given bad advice by a questionable source....

I guess it could be deemed as a satire of how the younger generation treats information coming from the internet and social media.

OT: I definitely found this episode the most offensive so far (not that I mind, keep it coming). To be frank though Im not quite sure how much higher you can go from here before you hit obligatory hate speech and the like, just be careful I suppose, I'd hate to see a show as funny as this one go to waste.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here