The Escapist Presents: The Elder Scrolls Anthology Unboxing

The Elder Scrolls Anthology Unboxing

Greg Tito unboxes The Elder Scrolls Anthology.

Watch Video

I'll be getting it for the maps and the case, honestly. I already own console and PC versions of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, but man... this anthology just looks too damn cool.

I have also been meaning to give Daggerfall a try at some point.

Holy hell I kinda forgot about that beast of a thing.

I haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games other than Skyrim, so I think that thing will go nicely on my desk. :D

It looks cool, but who has the time????
Yes, there are four question marks there. I don't regret it.

I didn't know this was being released so soon. Upon further research, it seems I pre-ordered my copy a while ago, but it doesn't look like it's shipped yet. Maybe I should have gone for something more than the wait-a-week-but-pay-nothing shipping. Looks good.

Oh, and the captcha was "burning oil," which I plan on doing once this arrives. Except with oil of the midnight variety, no matter how much I may come to regret it.

It looks neat but I can't help but feel that just the paper cases is a bit lame, yes every game and maps and all that jazz but I like keeping my discs safe!

Fappy:
I'll be getting it for the maps and the case, honestly. I already own console and PC versions of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, but man... this anthology just looks too damn cool.

If I remember correctly Daggerfall and Arena went open source a while back.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

I tried playing both but for the life of me could not figure out the controls. Also I got motion sick watching someone else play so I put it on hold indefinitely.

Arena actually allowed you to travel the entirety of Tamriel....I mean, you had to beat that first dungeon first, but still.....

Cpu46:

Fappy:

If I remember correctly Daggerfall and Arena went open source a while back.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

I tried playing both but for the life of me could not figure out the controls. Also I got motion sick watching someone else play so I put it on hold indefinitely.

You can actually remap Daggerfall's controls so it plays like a modern game. It's been a few years since I played it, so I've forgotten how to do that, but there should be a fair few guides around.

Greg Tito:
The Elder Scrolls Anthology Unboxing

Greg Tito unboxes The Elder Scrolls Anthology.

Watch Video

Just a correction, Arena actually takes place over the entirety of Tamriel, not just the Iliac Bay. It's not terribly detailed though, obviously.

Also, have to say I'm kind of disappointed the Morrowind map isn't in colour, like the original was. Makes the details a lot harder to make out.

I noticed that both Arena and Daggerfall in the Anthology still need DOSBox to run. I was hoping that Bethesda would redevelop (not remake) Arena at least to make the game playable without DOSBox. Just launch and play. Or maybe that would take way too much time. I don't know. It would have been awesome though and I might just have bought it just for an enhanced edition of Arena alone.

2:16 "And it also comes with the construction kit ... HEY! We're filming over here!!!" Mad props to whomever that was in their brilliant cameo as an Elder Scrolls thief who failed their concealment check. Hope your appointment as Editor and Chief hasn't run you afoul of the Dark Brotherhood.

Looks like a cool anthology, but not for me as I already have the games and just bought Skyrim the Legendary Edition, at full price, because I missed out on all the bloody sales.

I have sunk so much money into the Elder Scrolls series and I very much doubt this will be an exception.

Seriously, Amazon UK have this listed at 36.99. An absolute and total bargain for 5 games including all DLC.

Every time I see something about Morrowind or hear people talking about it I long to play it... and yet I've never been able to get into it. I've tried 3 times. Maybe the PC version with a few mods might help me along my way. I'd love to complete the whole series. So far only played Oblivion and Skyrim.

Arnoxthe1:
I noticed that both Arena and Daggerfall in the Anthology still need DOSBox to run. I was hoping that Bethesda would redevelop (not remake) Arena at least to make the game playable without DOSBox. Just launch and play. Or maybe that would take way too much time. I don't know. It would have been awesome though and I might just have bought it just for an enhanced edition of Arena alone.

Something similar to Ultimate Doom might've been cool, where it ran without having to fiddle around with commands and took into account updated controls (like mouselook). Oh well.

I'm not sold on this collection yet. Still have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on the PC (with maps, except for Morrowind I believe) so the only thing that could really move me would be the nice box. Wondering if they're limited or if I could wait longer for it to drop in price.

Otherwise...I've got them.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here