LoadingReadyRun: The Story of Beej

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Story of Beej

He is more meme than man, but we have the technology.

Watch Video

Very good work on the intro credits. To Beej especially.

I wish you well on your Kickstarter campaign.

Sorry to hear the show is coming to an end, but you guys had a good run.

I was expecting Ian to show up, sining.
(1000 posts!)

Was that Takahata at the 1:43 mark?

Also glad to see that beejazoid is on the road to recovery!

DVS BSTrD:

It's not so much "coming to an end" as it is "they want to do other stuff and the weekly sketches are the most demanding series they make". Fump, Unskippable and Checkpoint are continuing.

It's quite likely there'll still be LRR sketches. Just not every week.

Also this means we'll be getting more LRR elsewhere, which can only be a good thing.

The Kickstarter tiers and stretch goals sound very tasty. Weekly gaming streams is certainly something I hope they can pull off.

I kept expecting the cause of Beej's damage to be Desert Bus...

captch* cubic spline
uhh ok

Here's a link to the kickstarter for those interested,

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/811923656/lrrs-last-season-of-sketches

give it a look if you want another year of sketches.

This won't be complete until we get an episode of Beej Dump.

Also, I'd rather kill Superman, but I'll probably chip in a few bucks towards another season of LRR.

Great sketch as per usual guys, its a shame in one way its coming to an end as a weekly series. That said I can't wait to see what you do with your time in 2015.

Does anyone else think that the "The robot assistant I was building out of 5 Virtual Boys strapped together, had a 50/50 chance of becoming sentient and trying to take over the world" line kidna sounds like something Homestar would say? Maybe it's just me.

That was Awesome! So much Beej!

Now to go to the link. Can't wait to see what you'll all do after LRR! Besides your other shows obviously.

I have vague memories of seeing how Beej got like this in the first place but the memory is from some time ago and my memory has repeatedly proven itself to be unreliable. Can anyone confirm whether we did in fact see Beej being corrupted in this way?

It makes me sad that you're stopping your sketch comedy show, but I understand why. I love your work and I hope you guys do well.

Yes, I know, we have another year of episodes and they'll be fun, but still. Thank you guys for all the laughs.

Beej got overloaded in the Meme beacon/harlem shake episode. it was commodore hustle alternate paul's fault and yes, it's awesome.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/6864-Harlem-Shake

I liked the sketch. Good continuation of the story line.

But you really scared me with that kickstarter announcement. I was afraid that LRR was going out for good. But you being able to devote your time to bigger and more exciting projects sounds great. I fully expect to enjoy your last season and eagerly await the projects you are able to do with your new found free time. I will be sure to donate as much as my wife will let me to the kickstarter.

I'm not sure which I feel more sad about: that Paul *isn't* going to try and kill that intergalactic menace known as 'Superman' (seriously, Paul's got to be the greatest super scientist villain of all time) or that the LRR sketches are drawing into a close.
While I wipe my single manly tear away, I just want to to say I've been a huge fan for not nearly long enough- the LRR sketch every Monday is the highlight of the start of the week for me! :)

I'm really looking forward to this year's Desert Bus- let's hope I can actually stay up long enough to follow all the cool stuff this time lol

Oh, and I loved the Beej video, btw! I grinned as I heard the lovely Commodore Hustle them kick in. That Beej insert into each intro shot was pure fucking genius, as was the rest of the episode.
Cam nailed it. 'I'm not a psychologist... we just based this off stuff we saw in Ghostbusters...'

Oh, LRR, you so meta :P

I'm glad Beej is turning back to human. Also, where can I take a course in memeology?

I'm going to miss the weekly sketches once it's gone. It has always been one of my biggest Monday highlights.
Good luck on your future projects(I'm just saying this now so I don't have to say so when the day comes)!

Poodleboy:
I have vague memories of seeing how Beej got like this in the first place but the memory is from some time ago and my memory has repeatedly proven itself to be unreliable. Can anyone confirm whether we did in fact see Beej being corrupted in this way?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/6864-Harlem-Shake

Paul did terrible things to Beej in the name of "science".

OT: Poor Commodore Hustle. Hopefully you guys still make some sketch videos.

I'm glad to know Beej is recovering... it's been a long and arduous journey, but it's definitely worth it. Welcome back, Beej.

As cute as Beej is, I'm still quite sad that you're mostly stopping the sketch comedy. I've been watching you guys for years and years and I still remember how damn excited I was when LRR first came to The Escapist.

Still, I understand why it's coming to an end. Just remember that there must always be a Stark in the moonbase.

Also, the gaming streams sounds awesome.

Captcha: pudding pops

Okay, who put Bill Cosby in the Captcha?

deathjavu:

DVS BSTrD:

It's not so much "coming to an end" as it is "they want to do other stuff and the weekly sketches are the most demanding series they make". Fump, Unskippable and Checkpoint are continuing.

Also this means we'll be getting more LRR elsewhere, which can only be a good thing.

I hope so, I love these guys and love their work. Been watching them for years, but I'd rather they end it strong!

Glad to see beej is recovering from whatever traumatized him into talking only in memes. I half-expected him to ask his therapist "WHY SO SERIOUS?" Sad to hear this next season of LLR will be the last.

deathjavu:

DVS BSTrD:

I've been finding it strange that people have been acting like LRRsketches will die.

I understand for people who have followed LRR for 10 years and have grew accustomed to a video every week will find this change, daunting... but... LRR will still do sketches. Just not weekly.
This way the sketches LRR will do will have a higher quality, because they choose to do them. Not have to to meet the 1 a week deadline. Since they say a lot of time is spent getting props and locations, it might mean more stuff during the time spent looking for a particular (cherry) tree.

I really need a link to the Kickstarter for killing Superman. That's a goal I can get behind.

scw55:

deathjavu:

DVS BSTrD:

I've been finding it strange that people have been acting like LRRsketches will die.

I understand for people who have followed LRR for 10 years and have grew accustomed to a video every week will find this change, daunting... but... LRR will still do sketches. Just not weekly.
This way the sketches LRR will do will have a higher quality, because they choose to do them. Not have to to meet the 1 a week deadline. Since they say a lot of time is spent getting props and locations, it might mean more stuff during the time spent looking for a particular (cherry) tree.

Thanks, that was actually quite comforting. I got pretty sad when I heard the word "final" (after I'd gone back to check that I'd heard right).

A robot made of five Virtual Boys having a 50-50 chance of taking over the world?

I'd hate to find out what a robot made of five R-Zones could do...

It's nice to see Beej's story slowly getting wrapped up, but I felt that the intro/outro to the skit was actually better than the meaty part. Cam was great, but just listening to 15 scripted memes in a row was surprisingly grating.

Damn, I'm going to miss Commodore Hustle. :(

DrMcCoy:
Damn, I'm going to miss Commodore Hustle. :(

It's not dying. As it is now, it's just a filler.

People, it's not the end of the world. So LRR is no longer doing weekly sketches. It's not like they're leaving the internet forever and disbanding LRR. They're still around! They just want to do other stuffs.

scw55:

deathjavu:

DVS BSTrD:

Yeah, it kept happening continuously on the kickstarter page too. Apparently something about this idea is really complicated.

I think it's because LRR does so very, very, very many great things that people get worried and confused. Fump, Unskippable, LRRsketch, podcasts, loading time, checkpoint, friday nights, strip search, motherfucking Desert Bus...

(seriously they work way too hard)

deathjavu:

DVS BSTrD:

I wish they'd continue to do Commodore Hustle, maybe monthly or so. It's head and shoulders above their usually already excellent sketches.

I wonder if the Chinese bank I am with will let me pledge. God I hope so.

So cool to watch a cH of Beej...sweet cameo by Takahata...sad to hear the sketches are coming to an end...always fun to watch...but the possibility of Crapshots coming back is a nice compilation prize

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here