Reasonable Comics For Reasonable People

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reasonable Comics For Reasonable People

A mild comic that won't hurt your tum tum.

Read Full Article

I have no idea why there's a massive shit eating grin on my face. This comic just nails it just right for some reason. Can't say why, I'm not even 100% sure what it's trying to say. I just love it.

Capacha: Good night and good luck. Well said.

*Sigh* Another one selfishly living off the government benefits paid for by hard working Americans.
Thanks Obama.

God dammit Grey, now you're making jokes about unemployment? Where does it end Mr. Carter?

But seriously, this is a brilliant follow up to the latest strip. I can still see some disputes happening though.

I figured today's comic would be something along these lines considering the massive response to WGDF.

Seriously Grey, when writing the script for last Friday's comic, did you know it would evolve (or perhaps devolve would be a better word :P) into the monster it became? I mean good god, last time I saw it it was over 1200 posts. Personally I think that says a lot more about the kinds of people on this forum than anything in that comic that may or may not have been offensive.

I feel this comic mocks hard-working strawmen across the globe. Without them how else will people be able to win arguments?

Yet another toothless inoffensive comic from Critical Miss.

I really wish just once you guys would go out on a limb and say something controversial and entertaining. But no, it's always the same polite, straightforward and reasonable calls to polite conversation from you guys.
You terrible, boring, people you.

You can't see my face, but my grin is so huge right now.

Like, Nathan Fillion huge.

MFW I finished comic.

How DARE you make such a disgusting and misleading strawman of the plight of the unemployed! This is outrageous! Cancelling my subscription! (sorry, that's for private eye)... er, I mean, never reading again! That'll learn ye.

CriticalMiss:
I feel this comic mocks hard-working strawmen across the globe. Without them how else will people be able to win arguments?

I suppose we'd have to go back to Wicker...
Only all the bees are dying now.

Knight Templar:

I really wish just once you guys would go out on a limb and say something controversial and entertaining. But no, it's always the same polite, straightforward and reasonable calls to polite conversation from you guys.

Wasn't that the point of this comic, i'm sure they've made other stripes that i'd agree could use more punch but this one was basically saying that that's not what a proper discussion needs.

Yeah, like that would ever happen. The stawman has the best job security ever.

thebakedpotato:

CriticalMiss:

I suppose we'd have to go back to Wicker...
Only all the bees are dying now.

Colony collapse disorder... no not the bees, NAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!

PunkRex:

Knight Templar:

Wasn't that the point of this comic, i'm sure they've made other stripes that i'd agree could use more punch but this one was basically saying that that's not what a proper discussion needs.

Considering last Friday's comic and the response to it, I'm pretty sure Templar's comment is dripping with sarcasm.

Brilliant, again. I too am smiling like the idiot I am! Seriously, aren't the WGDF fires still burning? They'll just move over here and rage at you for poking them again.

"Parody - what is it?" HA!

I have the biggest grin on my face right now. Perfect follow up to the previous comic, good job guys.

3.5/5 stars. honestly this comic has gone so far downhill it is ridiculous. i am not reading it anymore.

grey carter used to write about serious important topics and now he has turned into a coward who only writes moronic pc things to please everyone. he is worse than the oatmeal.

The Escapist is an discussion outlet, not a place for inflammation. Please keep your posts civil, respectful, and avoid inflammatory or argumentative language. Contact JonB if you want to appeal this suspension. -Mod

That's got to be one of the best last panels I've ever seen on this comic. Awesome work.

Dare I say I think you guys are on a role. Another comic that's had me in stitches.

RJ 17:

PunkRex:

Knight Templar:

Considering last Friday's comic and the response to it, I'm pretty sure Templar's comment is dripping with sarcasm.

I prefer the term, atrociously sarcastic.

JonB:
3.5/5 stars. honestly this comic has gone so far downhill it is ridiculous. i am not reading it anymore.

grey carter used to write about serious important topics and now he has turned into a coward who only writes moronic pc things to please everyone. he is worse than the oatmeal.

Err no, look at the review score guidlines. 3.5 is between "Good, but flawed" and "Very good". So either this cartoon is worth 3.5 stars and is better than you're saying ("so far downhill it is ridiculous", really?) or is as bad as you say and only worth 2.5 stars.

Is it really such a hard concept for people to get their head around?

Docking a comic's score just because you don't like oatmeal is just the most petty thing you could've done.

Like the others, I have a huge grin on my face just after reading today's strip.

Great follow up, gents :D

... I don't get it. I must've failed paying attention to something since I didn't get what they meant by the comic this time. I feel stupid now. D:

Halyah:
... I don't get it. I must've failed paying attention to something since I didn't get what they meant by the comic this time. I feel stupid now. D:

Just go back and read (or just glance really) the forum posts from the last comic. You should pretty quickly learn what's going on here.

I was dying to know how you'd follow up on White Guy Defense Force - pulling back with idealistic rationalism was unexpectedly pleasant.

This isn't the first strip that goes entirely over my head, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Mel Brooks once said: (Here)

"You have to love {what} you parody."

That, I think is the major failing of Critical Miss, and why their "Parody" comics draw so much heat. There doesn't seem to be much Love from Grey and Carter. Most of their topical comics come across more as mean spirited and derisive. I'd say it's more Satire.

You will never make friends with Satire. It is, by definition ridicule.

If all you're looking for is page views and traffic, I'd say your technique is perfect. Inflammatory statements usually are for that.

However, if you're trying to promote honest discussion and progress... I don't think Ridicule and derision ever lead to anything constructive happening. At least not on the internet.

Fuckin' parodies, man.
How do they work?

Ha, the perfect follow-up to the carnage that followed the last strip, well done indeed. I really want to use that straw man picture for something now...

Teoes:

JonB:

Err no, look at the review score guidlines. 3.5 is between "Good, but flawed" and "Very good". So either this cartoon is worth 3.5 stars and is better than you're saying ("so far downhill it is ridiculous", really?) or is as bad as you say and only worth 2.5 stars.

Is it really such a hard concept for people to get their head around?

Docking a comic's score just because you don't like oatmeal is just the most petty thing you could've done.

Or maybe his post was soaked in sarcasm? Wait....maybe yours is too.....WHERE DOES IT END????

OT: I quite liked this one. Much better than last weeks comic Oh snap!

Beige?! BEIGE!!

How dare you, sell-outs...

Holy fuck! Hide this shit behind a trigger warning will you?!? As a young adult, a senior developer lied to me, lured me in, and abused me. So I'd appreciate a little consideration!

Grey! I loved this response! Thank you! :D

I haven't laughed like that for a while! Even with a cold at work...

"So, how should we put out the fire we just started?"

"DROWN IT IN WOOD AND OIL!"

Grey, you either have more courage in your convictions than I do, or you're just simply a glutton for punishment. Either way, keep on truckin'. xD

I'm starting to feel very happy with my decision to avoid the comments section to the previous comic like the plague.

I suspect I would not have found happiness there.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)