Miracle of Sound: Digital Shadow (Watch_Dogs)

Digital Shadow (Watch_Dogs)

You can't catch a digital shadow, deep into the city grid I go.

Watch Video

While not as good as the crush this is one of the best I heard from you

You can't catch a digital shadow!
Deep into the feels this song goes!

Very good one :D

Great song Gav, was that a bit of GitS:SAC at the end there?

I loved this one.
I think there are a few better in your history but this one is up amongst the best ones for me!
>>>>>Replay

Kyrdra:

Cheers! What did you feel was stronger in The Crush?

Garfy:

Nope!

MiracleOfSound:

Kyrdra:

Cheers! What did you feel was stronger in The Crush?

I honestly can't nail it down. It is just the general feeling I have about the songs.

That... That was REALLY catchy! Great work Gav! One of your best so far! (In my humble opinion.)

For whatever reason this song really feels like it could be straight out of the game's soundtrack (even not knowing what it sounds like). I'm not sure why really. It just fits in a particular way like that.

The other thing I noticed was when the lyrics popped on screen I often expected them to be sung differently. Which isn't a criticism I just found it I odd I expected anything. XD

Are you planning on doing encore again sometime? I think this song would be interesting to hear about.

MiracleOfSound:

Garfy:

Nope!

Have you ever listened to any of that music? I believe it to be worth a look.

This is pretty good. The lyrics feel a little disjointed to me, so I can't call it one of your best, but it's definitely one of your better ones. :)

And I had already resolved not to get this game until next year. Must... remain... strong...

Tahaneira:

The lyrics feel a little disjointed to me

Can you explain that more? Because I thought it was just me for a bit there. XD

Not that I dislike what was done with it. It just had a different flow from what I expected at times.

Oooooh yeah~ First song in ages that made me dance like a nerdy white guy "You can't catch a digital shadow~" *churns the butter*

Again, excellent work Gav.

Eh, I actually like this more than The Crush, and The Crush is one of my favorites from the Level 4 group. Been replaying this non-stop since it went up on Youtube. :P

Awesome song, Gavin! I liked the use of computer programming terms in the lyrics, since I'm a computer engineer myself, so I get a tad giddy when I hear those in things like this. I think this latest song is right up there with new Black Gold to me! Even though I still don't know the whole plot of Watch_Dogs, I still can't wait for that game!

Well, I was humming this about 15 minutes after listening to it without meaning to, so that's always a good sign! For some reason, I kept thinking this was similar to City of Night that you did for Cyberpunk, but watching that video again made me question my hearing ability, lol. I do feel like the lyrics for this were pretty spot on and flowed well, so hopefully no one rags on you for that too much.

And while I have no interest in Watchdogs, I feel this was a very good song from you Gav! Keep up the good work!

Awesome, i'm sold.
What do you mean game is not out yet?

Commenting on the game itself, looks amazing but it doesn't seem quite right seeing the protagonist kicking ass like Adam Jensen when he's supposed to be some big computer hacker. Oh well I'm sure you'll be able to play the game more in the latter mode and avoid the big shootouts.

More of the high standard that we've all come to expect... You're spoiling us, really.

The more I listen to this song, the more damned catchy it gets... Definitely one of your finest works so far.

I keep hearing the line as "Deep into the city Green Arrow"... o_O

Another great hit, Gavin! I was always a fan, but it seems you've gotten more consistently excellent since your hiatus. Keep it up!

Dammit Gav! Stop making me want games that aren't out yet!

Honestly, this is an awesome one, you just keep cranking them out, how big is level 4 going to be!?

The more I watch these, the more it seems like a crime that you're not being officially hired by game companies to make these songs, Gav. Brilliant as always!

Anyone else thinking Shadowrun 5 deckers when they see this game?

Anyone DM'ing a shadowrun campaign and need a player? :P (suddenly wanted to play it).

chozo_hybrid:
Dammit Gav! Stop making me want games that aren't out yet!

Honestly, this is an awesome one, you just keep cranking them out, how big is level 4 going to be!?

^^ This right here, Gavin do you have any idea how many games I have to buy November, add one more, damn you magnificent man.

Well, pre-ordered the game now. A game I've pretty much paid no attention too until now. I'll add it to the list of games you've made me buy.

Just noticed the "All Along the Watchtower" reference, too!

Eh, I dunno... Seems to me like you can catch a digital shadow a hell of a lot easier than a regular one.

Catchy as hell, Gav! I can almost see this being used as the opening theme to an anime adaptation of Watch Dogs (something like Ghost in the Shell, with all the cyberpunk motifs and whatnot)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here