No Right Answer: Best Heist Movie Ever

Pages PREV 1 2

I love the Oceans films. If it didn't win, I would have stolen all of your diamonds. To be fair though, I've never seen The Italian Job.

And I want that hot Yahtzee action caught on camera.

First and foremost: that Ben Affleck pic saying "I didn't get the job?!" was just hilarious lol

More important though: Heat, that's the best heist movie! As a matter of fact I always compare whatever "crime" movies I come across and heist sequences from games like GTA to Heat, which is why I love that bank robbery from Kane & Lynch as well the one from GTA IV so much, they almost allowed me to reenact the adrenaline pumping sequence of DeNiro and Val Kilmer getting away from the bank, full of money, and full of COPS going after them, I guess they had a five star mark of police on that sequence lol

BULLSHIT.

Between the two, Italian Job without a fucking doubt.

Other great heist movies that best Oceans 13 are Inside Man, Heat, Point Break (in a way) and bloody DIE HARD (in a way).

Though without a doubt, the best ever heist movie is without a doubt...

I seem to be in the minority that's happy with this because i like the ocean's films better than the Italian job. 12 is definitely the weakest, but i did like some parts of it. Ocean's 11 has a couple of holes in the heist part, but 13 is just good fun and funny.

Am I the only one here who thinks that The Anderson Tapes deserves some credit?

gridsleep:
Either "The Thomas Crown Affair" or "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3." The originals, with Steve McQueen and Walter Matthau, not the crap remakes. "Ocean's 13" is a crap remake to sell George Clooney who is good but he's no Sinatra. "The Italian Job" is a crap remake to sell Fiats that aren't selling as well as German made Minis. If all these two fraternity bozos have to compare is crap remakes, this video isn't even worth watching. Which I didn't.

First off, neither Kyle or I were ever in fraternities, thank god.

Second, Kyle argued for the original Italian Job, so you kinda sound like you're just looking for reasons not to like us. I'd say watch the video since you'll get plenty of legitimate reasons from there.

Firefilm:
Best Heist Movie Ever

This one's going to start some controversy. Can Ocean's 13 stand up to The Italian Job for best Heist movie? Chris thinks so, but do you?

Watch Video

7:38 You misspelled argument!

GamerMage:

Firefilm:
Best Heist Movie Ever

This one's going to start some controversy. Can Ocean's 13 stand up to The Italian Job for best Heist movie? Chris thinks so, but do you?

Watch Video

7:38 You misspelled argument!

Boo to us. Let the self-flogging begin. Thanks for spotting that!

While it's not really a heist movie I remember liking Sneakers with Dan Aykroyd

Strange connection between these two movies (aside from the whole heist bit), Eddie Izzard, Eddie often talks about The Italian Job and was in Ocean's 12 and 13.

As has been mentioned by a lot of sensible people the correct pairing should have been Heat and Inception...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here