Escape to the Movies: Prisoners

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Prisoners

MovieBob won't let you escape his very special review for Prisoners.

Watch Video

Looks like a decent movie there Bob, it must have really excited though because the Boston was STRONG with you today.

I'm seriously depressed by how right the first stinger is.

Paddington Bear movie?!

*Runs to kitchen*

Marmalade! Fuck yeah!

Also, Prisoners sounds kinda good.

Paddington Bear is getting a movie? The inner child in me is screaming for joy.

OT: I don't think this movie is going to make it's money back. Star-studded casts are good, but movies that aren't about people collapsing after their children are abducted sell better.

I think Bob's getting more comfortable with his natural accent.
That's right, stick it to the MAN be who you are.

I really wish Bob would either stick to his natural Boston accent, or his non-accent speaking voice.

Not alternate between the two every 10 seconds. It's annoying.

As sad as it is to say this, I am kind of indifferent to Prisoners. I really want to see it (Sounds bad, doesn't it?) but I also feel it's not something I want to watch (Sounds Bad, doesn't it?).

I might make a journey to a faraway theatre to go and watch it, oddly enough. I have been hearing that it's a good movie (As good as the subject matter can be construed as 'good').

Good review, Moviebob.

That GTA5 & Saints Row IV comparison is made of Pure Awesome!

Glad to hear it. Not much of a thriller/mystery fan, but it's nice to hear the movie is of high quality.
I heard so from Jon on the Daily Show, so I was waiting to see what you thought too. :) About the same, but with more details.

SlightlyEvil:
I'm seriously depressed by how right the first stinger is.

Well it's not all bad. Both games have mostly been well received at least.

But yeah, the first stinger is true. As for the second...

Daystar Clarion:
Paddington Bear movie?!

*Runs to kitchen*

Marmalade! Fuck yeah!

I don't know much about Paddington. What does it have to do with "Marmalade"?

otakon17:
Looks like a decent movie there Bob, it must have really excited though because the Boston was STRONG with you today.

I love it when Bob goes all "wicked awesome" on us. He should pick one of his shows and just drop the pretense of "broadcast affect" already. Do a show all about Boston on YouTube or something and just let your flag fly.

Chip-man AWAY!

Imp Emissary:
disappointed snip

You don't know Paddington Bear?

-____________________________________________________________________________-

He's a bear from darkest Peru, he's an immigrant.

He loves marmalade sandwiches.

Btw The torture screenshot is from a really old unofficial NES lightgun game (Im serious). Anyone know the name of it?

Daystar Clarion:

Imp Emissary:
disappointed snip

You don't know Paddington Bear?

-_______________________-

He's a bear from darkest Peru, he's an immigrant.

He loves marmalade sandwiches.

Ah. I see. Neat.

Well, hope the movie is good then.
I may not be a fan, but I'm sure if it sucks, lots of people of all ages will be very sad.

MovieBob:
Prisoners

MovieBob won't let you escape his very special review for Prisoners.

Watch Video

Bob, I am sure you dont read the comments page of your shows, and I am glad that the movie looks good but...

Dang man! Pick an accent and stick to it! I dont think you have any idea how jarring or annoying it is to bounce back and forth between the two accents from one sentence to another or even in the same sentence.

PLEASE, I dont care which either is fine, just pick one and stick with it in a video! Now if you will excuse me I need to go take an ibuprofen because I have a headache from it.

Film looks interesting but I can't help but wonder if the first credits snip will ignite an angry debate... somehow. Not sure why though since they're both great games for vastly different reasons.

Daystar Clarion:
Paddington Bear movie?!

*Runs to kitchen*

Marmalade! Fuck yeah!

I'm glad my childhood wasn't the only one that freaked out abit there.

When the trailer for this came out, my first thought was that it was going to be a "Jack Bauer-esque" type story where the guy willing to break all the rules was the one who was going to be 'doing the right thing'. The second time I saw it I started to wonder if the filmmakers were going to do something brave and make it that in his desperate drive to find his daughter, that Jackman's character was not only insane - but would be blaming the wrong guy the whole time. From all the good press this film is getting, including yours MovieBob, I wonder if I'm at least partially right.

That being said, I'm such a wuss that I can't watch a movie like this. Why? I'm a parent of two young daughters. I'm not strong enough to watch a movie like this and be able to enjoy it. I do hope this does well though.

Color me lost on your first stinger though. Why would I care which game staring a criminal (or criminals) is progressive? I'm playing a game, not voting for a public official. :shrug:

Paddington Bear, hm? Well, here's hoping...

piscian:
Btw The torture screenshot is from a really old unofficial NES lightgun game (Im serious). Anyone know the name of it?

Huh.. I thought it was either the Simpsons or South Park.

Woo, Critic reference!!

I don't understand people's complaints about his switching accents. It's funny to hear him get more Bostonian when he's excited or angry.

As a Brit who finds the "normal" American accent slightly annoying anyway I don't understand why people would care how he talks. He's never hard to understand.

Makabriel:

piscian:

Huh.. I thought it was either the Simpsons or South Park.

Naw somebody on hardforums found it It was chiller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiller_(NES)

Daystar Clarion:
Paddington Bear movie?!

*Runs to kitchen*

Marmalade! Fuck yeah!

I hope he shares a bong with Tedd at some point.

very interesting; at the very least it seems Jackman has gotten SOMETHING else to do besides Wolverine again. Also, like the jab at the GTAV vs SRIV debate. I actually found SRIV's wacky antics surprisingly more mature and interesting than GTA trying to be Breaking Bad (though also forgetting WHY Walter White works as a protagonist despite his obvious descent into depravity).

Hugh Jackman's character sounds a lot like what Walter White might have become in that situation.

marioandsonic:
I really wish Bob would either stick to his natural Boston accent, or his non-accent speaking voice.

Not alternate between the two every 10 seconds. It's annoying.

This. Don't want to come across as a hater because I'm not, but it's very nails on a chalkboard for me. I made it 35 seconds before going, "he thought it was good, moving on now." Sorry.

shogunblade:
As sad as it is to say this, I am kind of indifferent to Prisoners. I really want to see it (Sounds bad, doesn't it?) but I also feel it's not something I want to watch (Sounds Bad, doesn't it?).

I might make a journey to a faraway theatre to go and watch it, oddly enough. I have been hearing that it's a good movie (As good as the subject matter can be construed as 'good').

Good review, Moviebob.

You're not alone in this. I definitely have an interest in seeing it as well, but it's defintiely going to be one of those movies that I really need to be in the moof for, and may nto end up seeing it in a theatre because of that.

you know there has been nothing at the theater in some time.

NOTHing, I kinda forgot all about this one. So you know, screw i'm down lol. I kinda feel like this might be a peter maulanew job from bob.

Setting up such impossible heights that can't possible be lived up to. That being said, there's nothing at the show LOL. NOTHING. I'm starting to forget what movie popcorn tastes like. So i'm gonna be a good sport about this one,
unless i see this and it turns out to be U bowl.

...and another review with some level of spoilers, you realise you watch those movies early to recommend them to people, not to give the twists away because you think it's a good or a bad twist.

Then I can watch the review after I've seen the film? Most likely I will not do that, usually not out of anger or spite or such, but I'll simply forget about it and that makes the review really close to being almost useless...or actually it's a comment or an essay about a movie and not a review.

Ignore the haters, Bob. You let your accent out as much as you want! I'm most likely not going to see Prisoners, 'cause that kind of thing ain't my bag, but I'm a little psyched that Paddington's getting a movie. As for the SR IV vs. GTA V thing, I believe since the Saint's Row series has embraced the inherently goofy potential of it's genre, it's the superior series, while GTA comes off as more ridiculous by trying to stay more SERIOUS. I think another commenter, talking about another game, said there's nothing less mature than a Mature-rated video game.

This movie has surprised me with all the good reviews it's been getting. I may have to make a point to see it.

I said last time that I'm saddened the "Buy! My! Book!" joke is dead, and I stand by that...but I realize today an opportunity was missed. Mr. Chipman, you have professional access to an Australian (sort of)! You totally should have duped Yahtzee Croshaw into reading the "it had to be done" line after the gunshot!

I find it kind of funny that Joel and Ellie showed up in that series of pictures considering I kind of feel like in a lot of ways Last of Us did many of same kind of things he's talking about here. I really hope that was intentional.

Oh garsh. Is it true? This movie is good? I took the risk of being excited about a movie that might not have been sure thing... and it was good?

WELL. I'm seeing it ASAP.

Desert Punk:
[quote="MovieBob" post="6.828894.20179843"]Prisoners

Bob, I am sure you dont read the comments page of your shows, and I am glad that the movie looks good but...

Dang man! Pick an accent and stick to it! I dont think you have any idea how jarring or annoying it is to bounce back and forth between the two accents from one sentence to another or even in the same sentence.

PLEASE, I dont care which either is fine, just pick one and stick with it in a video! Now if you will excuse me I need to go take an ibuprofen because I have a headache from it.

If there is any reason why he doesn't read the comments section of his videos this would be it. You are more caught up on a man's dialect than the actual content of the review. What's worse is that these complaints have been going on for more than a year now so it's both trite and tired. Enough.

Ok question to anybody who's seen this: How graphic are the torture scenes? Like stylized movie violence like "Zodiac" that has some discretion or more in your face realistic and gory?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here