EXP: Bad Marriage Movie Reviews - The Family

Bad Marriage Movie Reviews - The Family

John and Jessi take a stab at the latest film from Luc Besson, The Family.

Watch Video

I don't know why I keep watching this. It's still terrible, just a bunch of unfunny bickering and recounting of plot spoilers.
Acting was slightly better in this episode though, but their delivery could still be much tighter and more convincing.
At this point, I think the only thing attracting viewers is morbid curiosity.

There's just one way I could see this show redeeming itself: by exaggerating the two characters into larger-than-life comic personae (like Yahtzee or Jim) and getting a proper comedian-type to write the jokes.
Right now it's just too half-assed to be worth time watching. Nowhere near funny enough to be a comedy review show like ZP, yet offering nothing else except a blow-by-blow account of the movie's plot.

I've tried 2 episodes of this, no more. I seriously hope it goes away quickly.

The concept is sound but the execution is terrible. I guess they should get one of those snarky british sitcom couples. Or at least wittier barbs.

They're trying, and I respect them for that but that's the problem.. You can tell they're trying.

I hate to post negative things but I have to agree, the concept was funny, the implementation just really misses, the banter comes across as forced "look we are fighting but we love each other" Its kind of like the couple across the hall in a second rate sitcom in the first season where they write them in but the actors don't get to know each other until season two and by then the "we fight all the time" gets dropped because it wasn't working. Its like the Star of the show wanted a part for his best friend or wife so they added it in without thinking.

BigTuk:
The concept is sound but the execution is terrible. I guess they should get one of those snarky british sitcom couples. Or at least wittier barbs.

They're trying, and I respect them for that but that's the problem.. You can tell they're trying.

It's SOMETHING,at least. It's a start.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here