FREE!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

FREE!

Neither deep nor meaningful.

Read Full Article

Silly women, so easily sated by the appearance of glistening manflesh.

When will they ever be as deep and sophisticated as us men?

But guuuyyssssss!

Societies acceptance of casual watching of men for sexual purposes is a sign of oppression from the matriarchy! And it's hypocritical and a double standard to blarhg blaarrrrgghh.

Daystar Clarion:
Silly women, so easily sated by the appearance of glistening manflesh.

When will they ever be as deep and sophisticated as us men?

Did you realise that "silly women" is one Spoonerism away from "willy somen" - and that just sounds like you're saying "willy semen" LOL! j/k

I see what you did there. Another good strip there lads.

Keep maintaining the same high standard.

You know the saddest and funniest part about the show are male anime fans who freak out over the fan-service for girls.

I really wish I was joking, but there are such people who take issue with it.

Pretty much like me and Korean girl group. I hate their songs but their music video is much more pleasing with the help of mute button.

Oh ... and here I thought Erin was just fluent in Japanese. :(

I hope Erin sempi notices me today. The only reason it's not deep is because that's just the tip.

For those wanting more information on what this is referencing have a look at this Amv:

To all the female escapist out there I have a question-do you find this sexy/Attractive/a turn on and if so why?

wetfart:

Funnily enough, that was my initial interpretation too.

By watching a little bit of anime I've picked up a word or two, but I have wondered in the past about those who watch a lot more than me, whether it's possible/practical to pick up conversational fluency just by exposure to anime etc.

It's like a Russian student I once met, she supposedly taught herself English (to the standard where she was successfully studying for a maths degree in England) entirely through watching American films. I always meant to ask her about it, but I haven't seen her in a long time. She was pretty good too - I occasionally had to define the more obscure words I often come out with, but then, I have to do that with the natives sometimes too.

Well, it's honest, fun viewing, if you're into that sort of thing.

Who doesn't enjoy a little sordid viewing now and again?

knight steel:

To all the female escapist out there I have a question-do you find this sexy/Attractive/a turn on and if so why?

Well, the pretty, wet toned muscular torsos probably help. You know, the stuff women (and men) may find physically attractive?

I remember watching the first ep with my sister, we were drinking wine and we started a drinking game, whenever the words:
-Pool
-Swim
-Ocean
-Water
Were uttered, we would take a drink, we barely made it past the first episode before we began to feel sick.

Also, we were confused by the ending (in a desert, no water at all) But when it hit me, it led to this exchange:
Me: Oh god...
Sis: What?
Me: He is in a desert, he is thirsty...
Sis: Oh for fuck sake...
Then the characters jumping in an Oasis sealed it.

DVS BSTrD:
I hope Erin sempi notices me today. The only reason it's not deep is because that's just the tip.

You only need the tip.

I'm glad you're back man!

Phrozenflame500:
But guuuyyssssss!

Societies acceptance of casual watching of men for sexual purposes is a sign of oppression from the matriarchy! And it's hypocritical and a double standard to blarhg blaarrrrgghh.

Agreed! Rabble-Rabble-Rabble! Anita Sarceesian would approve of this. And use it in her video

Is this that same "Animation Sexy Swimming" thing that was passed around YouTube for a bit? I might watch it if so. The doe-eyed blonde intrigues me.

Legion:
You know the saddest and funniest part about the show are male anime fans who freak out over the fan-service for girls.

No one, and I really cannot stress this enough, NO ONE ever took issue with it, at least not outside of random trolling.

This argument is like the one saying that "people didn't like DmC because Dante changed his hair color". THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

Legion:

Are you serious?! Usually female fanservice is hilarious! Just look at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... okay, to be fair that panders to the alpha male in us all as well XD

Porygon-2000:

Well, the pretty, wet toned muscular torsos probably help. You know, the stuff women (and men) may find physically attractive?

Wait are you telling me that people find fitness attractive!?
And all this time I thought that it was fatness that turned people on............my entire life is a LIE :P

DVS BSTrD:

Gwhahahahaha That made me laugh thanks Boss you nearly made me wake my parent's :D

Evil Smurf:
You only need the tip.

Hey I'm back to you know-Aren't you going to welcome me back X_X
I missed you smurf
*GLOMPS*

Evil Smurf:

DVS BSTrD:

You only need the tip.

it's good to be back, I've been here awhile but I missed the first page of Whit Guy Defense force.

knight steel:
Hey I'm back to you know-Aren't you going to welcome me back X_X
I missed you smurf
*GLOMPS*

I'm glad you're back knight steel
*DOUBLE GLOMPS*

Legion:

And they do it with a straight face because they don't seem to understand the fanservice they've been watching.

Generally speaking.

wetfart:

No, just fluent in body language. >.>

DVS BSTrD:
snip

I'm quadruply glad that your back and you better not leave.
*Infinite +1 Glomps*
Now then to slink back into my hole and watch from the sidelines......
*Goes back to lurking*

That's normal. Pretty people are much more attractive when they don't/can't say words you understand. It's like baby babble; adorable.

I love how "My little X cant possibly be this Y" has become common usage as a joke for Anime in general.

Because this strip deals with anime, let me be the first to write "My little Evangelion cant possibly be this DEEP AND MEANINGFUL".

There, now we can focus on the fanservice without..... distractions.....

I remember someone linking me to a humorous episode recap/review of one of the episodes in this series, sadly I forgot who made it so I can't find it. :(

Anyways, yeah, gotta hand it to the anime creators: at least they're equal opportunists when it comes to fanservice. :P

"My little swimmer can't possibly be this otter-mode"

Have I mentioned how much I adore your tagging skills?

Oh, getting off on fanservice are we, Erin? As much as it pains me, I need to say something personal about you now.

"Congratulations, you're human."

knight steel:

Well, I don't generally find anime characters sexy because their faces are usually too stylised. But toned men in swimming trunks are sexy, if that's what you're really asking.

Where are the video games?

knight steel:
For those wanting more information on what this is referencing have a look at this Amv:

That video might be the funniest thing I've seen all month. It fits so perfectly. I feel oddly dirty watching it.

Hmm, fan-service that targets females, for once. To be honest, I don't have a problem with this. Human beings are sexual creatures; the objectification goes both ways (look at some of the romance novels in book stores). I actually did a little research a while back into the whole portrayal of women thing, and some of the sites I ran into had some interesting counter-points from what I perceive as the feminine view (i.e. women like looking at beef-cake just as much as men like looking at cheese-cake). (Unfortunately, I appear to have lost the links to some of the articles I found; I would have to try to recreate my searches.)

RJ 17:
I remember someone linking me to a humorous episode recap/review of one of the episodes in this series, sadly I forgot who made it so I can't find it. :(

Anyways, yeah, gotta hand it to the anime creators: at least they're equal opportunists when it comes to fanservice. :P

Is it this one?

OT: I'm kinda glad this exists too. Every time someone comes out with the annoying "sexual objectification of women!" argument I can show them that THIS exists...
and they'll shut up! This show is clearly a God-send.

I am male and i appreciate the HUMOUR on Free!
It's surprisingly well timed and uses pauses intelligently.

I can't really comment on the fanservice, but i do think it's less of an eyesore than big titties in anime, so that's something.

Also good comic.

I don't have an issue with pure fanservice-series (male or female), they're their niche.

Legion:

In my experience, it tends to be because they view it as 'gay', because they assume it must be fanservice for gay men, not women.
(And I guess it might make them gay if they look at it too much?)

EDIT:

wAriot:

Legion:

No one, and I really cannot stress this enough, NO ONE ever took issue with it, at least not outside of random trolling.

This argument is like the one saying that "people didn't like DmC because Dante changed his hair color". THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

Oh, I have seen this many many times.

Usually with the assumption that if you draw an attractive-looking male character, it must mean they're gay.
Not even getting on the whole 'yaoi'-thing, and how many men/boys I have hear complaining about it. (While not having any issue with lesbianism)

Wow, she's got the same expression I get when I'm watching expertly-executed choreography.

Frankly, the show is very pretty. For what it's worth, the water looks really cool.

Mmm, swimming pools...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or