EXP: Do's and Don'ts Episode 13

Do's and Don'ts Episode 13

Esteban joins the gang as the token gay kid.

Watch Video

Okay. That was different. Still, it's nice to see the Do's and Don'ts continue to cover hot-button topics.

OFF TOPIC:

Does anyone else watch this series?

HellooooOOOooo????

...ECHO...echo...echo....

I watch it pretty much every week, though I rarely find anything to post about.

Well, it seems unlike certain videos on The Escapist (Yahtzee comes to mind), there are content creators who are willing to make fun of everyone in equal measures with good and utterly outrageous humor. I'm a conservative catholic, and I still found all those jokes funny as hell. Though I suppose I should bitch and moan and make them change all the things that would offend me if I was a whiny, politically correct type.

LysanderNemoinis:
Well, it seems unlike certain videos on The Escapist (Yahtzee comes to mind), there are content creators who are willing to make fun of everyone in equal measures with good and utterly outrageous humor. I'm a conservative catholic, and I still found all those jokes funny as hell. Though I suppose I should bitch and moan and make them change all the things that would offend me if I was a whiny, politically correct type.

I always found it funny whenever someone bitches about Political Correctness. Because, at its heart, "P.C." is just the term used when people are called out on being insensitive dicks.

Sidney Buit:

LysanderNemoinis:

I always found it funny whenever someone bitches about Political Correctness. Because, at its heart, "P.C." is just the term used when people are called out on being insensitive dicks.

There's a difference between being a polite person and being politically correct. Political correctness rears its ugly head when someone like Yahtzee, who has a long history of saying all sorts of horrible shit about people and making jokes about everything, suddenly turns tail when a single joke offends maybe ten people at absolute max and performs an orwellian retcon on one of his videos, censoring himself. It's the same type of thinking where schools no longer refer to blackboards as blackboards because it would be offensive to people who are black. Or using the word "personhole cover" instead of manhole cover, because some group of nuts consider it a sexist word.

Being polite is not being verbally abusive toward a person, for any reason, because it's the right thing to do. Political correctness is automatically censoring yourself from saying something innocuous merely because someone, somewhere, might take offense, while at the same time having carte blanche to say whatever you like about a different group of people because that's "okay." See also saying horrible things about Christians versus saying anything about muslims.

LysanderNemoinis:

Sidney Buit:

LysanderNemoinis:

There's a difference between being a polite person and being politically correct. Political correctness rears its ugly head when someone like Yahtzee, who has a long history of saying all sorts of horrible shit about people and making jokes about everything, suddenly turns tail when a single joke offends maybe ten people at absolute max and performs an orwellian retcon on one of his videos, censoring himself. It's the same type of thinking where schools no longer refer to blackboards as blackboards because it would be offensive to people who are black. Or using the word "personhole cover" instead of manhole cover, because some group of nuts consider it a sexist word.

Being polite is not being verbally abusive toward a person, for any reason, because it's the right thing to do. Political correctness is automatically censoring yourself from saying something innocuous merely because someone, somewhere, might take offense, while at the same time having carte blanche to say whatever you like about a different group of people because that's "okay." See also saying horrible things about Christians versus saying anything about muslims.

Being polite is knowing that when you offend someone you apologize and take back the offending remark. Yahtzee was simply being polite and understanding: I said something that offended you in a way I did not intend so I apologize.

Political correctness is when you do your best to make sure you offend no one at all in any way. It's frequently used by people in politics to ensure they don't accidentally piss off voters. There is nothing wrong with PC per say, it just gets over done especially when there are groups of people out there that take offense at just about everything because they literally have nothing better to do with their lives.

As for this skit... meh, starting to wonder if this series is already running low on steam... be interesting if it makes it to eps 25.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here