Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Press X

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Press X

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Gotta give it to Yahtzee this time. Poignant. And quite sad how it hits on the reality that gaming glosses over. Love to my friends who were in the war and managed to keep on, and love to their families that kept them going. And to all soldiers with that emptiness in your eyes that breaks my heart to see.

Jim's was funny in his normal disturbing way.

After last week's amazing podtoid, this was a wonderful treat thanks jim!

Damn good showing from Yahtzee.

Jim... You need to talk with someone. Open the blinds, go for a walk, maybe write something that isn't full of creepy sexual connotations.

I remember watching Lewis and Clark back in the nineties, the promos were the most amusing part.

That poor solder pressed X so many times, now he IS "ex"

Yahtzee - That was poetry, filled with imagery, sadness and a decent poke at realism of war played out for entertainment.

Jim - oh Jim... That was Misery not poetry.

Jim, do you take pleasure in disturbing me? 'Cause you're very good at it. I think I'm going to have nightmares about your poem tonight.

DVS BSTrD:
I remember watching Lewis and Clark back in the nineties, the promos were the most amusing part.

So awesome when they both set eyes on the Pacific Ocean :)

Miyenne:
Gotta give it to Yahtzee this time. Poignant. And quite sad how it hits on the reality that gaming glosses over. Love to my friends who were in the war and managed to keep on, and love to their families that kept them going. And to all soldiers with that emptiness in your eyes that breaks my heart to see.

Press X to ignore human decency and slash benefits for vets.

canadamus_prime:
Jim, do you take pleasure in disturbing me? 'Cause you're very good at it. I think I'm going to have nightmares about your poem tonight.

He's like a vampire. Only he feeds on awkwardness.

Jim's poems have gone from weird to creepy and now to outright psychotic. I don't know, I guess I just draw the line when you start throwing mutilation fantasy into your poetry.

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

He's like a vampire. Only he feeds on awkwardness.

I believe it. After this poem he's going to be very well fed.

Really do enjoy Yahtzee's. It was pretty thought provoking with a good message to consider.

And Jim's, man, that was creepy, but entertaining :P

Yahtzee's was absolutely brilliant - what an artful way to make the imagery of war and war-game clash.

I stopped watching by the time Jim mentioned slashing tendons. When Jim is good, he's great. I'm tired of the gross-out stuff, though.

Glad you're venting your displeasure of QTE's in a healthy manner, Yahtzee, rather than planning your "Press X to not die" murders.

As for you, Jim... Me thinks its time for you to take a trip to the "enchanted kingdom" for a well deserved rest.

Well, that's another weekly supplement of depression to go along with the one I already have. I'm sure this is going to end well.

Well those two poems were incredibly bleak. I predict that the "Press X to not die" murders will begin shortly.

Just when I thought Jim was going to do a "normal" poem about Superman actors, he pleasantly surprises me and reveals that he certainly hasn't gone soft on us.

Bravo to the both of you, as usual.

Yatzee's poem was a great satire. Very grim. Jim's part made me remember something he said in the last Jimquisition: "...I don't know why you think it's aproppiate to send this to Jimquisition's host..."

So Yatzee was doing Metallica's "One" and Jim was doing Misery....

So first it was David Boreanaz and now Dean Cain? I wonder what 90s TV star will be next in Jim's creep-o-parade.

shiajun:
So first it was David Boreanaz and now Dean Cain? I wonder what 90s TV star will be next in Jim's creep-o-parade.

Maybe someone from Hercules or Xena?

captcha: that's positivenergy
After today's poems, I could use some cheering up.

Oh dear.. I think Jim is twisting my 90's TV childhood. I'll never look at those two the same again..

Hm, speaking of Xena.. Ted Raimi.. Joxer the mighty..

At least when Yahtzees aren't funny, they're thought-provoking. I don't see the point in Jims at all. Gettin' tired of creepiness and awkwardness for the sole sake of it.

Dang it Yahtzee! Can you get over the whole ludonarrative dissonance argument already! XD

And Jim .... uh .... I say either seek help ... or start building the SAW dungeon under your house.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Damn good showing from Yahtzee.

Jim... You need to talk with someone. Open the blinds, go for a walk, maybe write something that isn't full of creepy sexual connotations.

thats kind of his shtick, now.

sadly he is relying to much on grossing people out rather than to come up with something new and fresh to entertain the people.

Jim, did you teach David Boreanaz a lesson about his toys one too many times and need to replace his decaying corpse?

I really look forward to Dean Cain's family and friends Google searching out of curiosity of their semi-famous acquaintance and coming by Jim's song somewhere down the road... Jim, you do realize that the song actually does provide legit grounds for a restraining order and if lacking context it does make you look that messed up maybe you should reign it in and keep your targets fictional.

And who says you cant tell a compelling story through quick time events;)

That might have been Jim's most frightening, most someone-get-a-restraining-order-in-place-right-now poem yet. Which is really saying something, bravo, sir!

Also, I'm picturing a 'modern military shooter' (if that's what they're calling them now) in which the protagonist gets a limb blown off, sent home, and forced to get through his dull, daily routine a few times before getting to the drinking-in-an-alley part, whereupon (probably)Russian troops storm the town, he grabs a gun, and saves the day with patriotic crap in the background noise, just faint enough that it might be the painkillers he took too many of finally kicking in.

I was wondering who the fuck Dean Cain was after that podtoid.

Kind of creepy Jim, especially since I find Dean Cain to be a really nice person, I shook his hand and got his autograph! I just wish I could have met Christopher Reeve :(

You know, I'm starting to suspect that Jim might be a little bit odd.

Wow, Jim... that got odd really quick. I loved it.

I think jim needs to tone down the creepy, it's getting old real quick, when it's all he does.

Yahtzee: Nice, poetic, heavy. Well done

Jim: Well, ok, it rhymed but that was disturbing even by Podtoid standards. Still, well done.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here