Movie Defense Force: Jason X

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Jason X

Press Jason to X ...

Watch Video

I loved this movie, though the Uber Jason may have been a step to far but still like it. lol. Lots of fun deaths and that hilarious fake crystal lake kills with the sleeping bags was funny. Is it the best Jason movie.....Nope. But its still entertaining, just turn off your brain.

I like F13 7 - The New Blood. The one with they telekinetic girl. A lot of fans hate that movie, but Jason looks awesome in it and it was great having a character that could deal him damage. After watching this movie I wrote a story where Crystal lake was drained and a military base was built on it - Jason vs Army. An Psychic girl and Tommy Jarvis teamed up to take him down for good. Was awesome.

You skipped over Peter Mensah, he was the best thing in that movie, outside of the cybernetic super soldier/fuckdoll.

Oh. Hell. Yes.

I usually try to add something thoughtful or make a witty observation when I comment after a video. But not this time. This time I just want to internet shake your hand Jim.

I loved Jason X. And pretty much exactly for the reasons you stated here. I'm already a Jason fanboy anyway, but I've said for years that I don't really care what they do with Jason so long as it's fun. I'll still show up and buy a ticket. If they give him an enchanted time-traveling machete and send him to ancient Egypt to fight mummies... I'll still buy a ticket.

And yeah, I also preferred the series after Jason Lives as well. That has long been my favorite slasher flick. I saw that one in the theaters in fact. And while most of my friends were rolling their eyes, I was camped out waiting for Jason's next move.

Jason movies only work when the writers realize what Jason is. Jim Issacs and Todd Farmer said they wanted this one to be "Hell's chief assassin". And I think it shows that they were trying to make a fun movie. Jason movies are less like horror films and more like roller coaster rides and this one was a lot of fun for me. Still is.

Thanks Jim!

Thank you Mr Sterling for putting in the scene where he beats the one girl in a sleeping back with another girl in a sleeping bag, that was the highlight of the movie for me. As for the rest of the movie it was everything I came to love about Jason in a different setting. Michael Meyers (the slasher, not the pervert) has nothing on Jason when it comes to original kills. One moment in particular was when he grabbed that woman's head, stuck it in liquid nitrogen, then broke her face.

I never had much of an interest in horror movies, and a friend picked out Jason X to watch. When I saw it, I thought it was one of the funniest movies I had ever seen and enjoyed it on that level. Can't really say much else.

I remember watching this film for the first time on TV, it was Halloween and both Jason X and The Shinning were airing at the same time on different channels, I haven't seen neither of them back then and lo and behold... I ended up watching Jason X from beginning to end instead of The Shinning... yeah...

Definitely a fun movie that's self aware of it's incredible ridiculousness and I loved it for that.

I remember this. Aahh... it was definitely worth a laugh.

I never gotten the high standards of Friday the 13th fans, the movies was never that good to begin with and only hold up as shallow party movies.

Serious question time now Jimmy: Can I borrow some sugar? Also, will there be a Movie Defence Force every week of October?

I really wanted a Jason XI, but the firday the 13th franchise like many other franchises got bit stabbed by the Reboot slasher.

I saw this in the theater when it came out back in the day. When it got to the scene of beating the girl in the camping bag with the OTHER girl in a camping bag I couldn't stop laughing.

I love the cryo-kill with the liquid nitrogen. That is my rebuttal.

I honestly think this was the best one in the franchise (unless you include Freddy vs. Jason). I never found any of them scary, and whenever they tried to mix it up by making him a zombie etc. it always seemed to fall flat. This film was just a lot of fun and the gun wielding, bubble headed robot was just pure bliss for me.

Was that a clip of Jason beating up someone in a sleeping bag, with another person in a sleeping bag? How can anyone take this movie seriously after that?

I might have to buy this movie if I ever see it.

Is there an actual reason the people in the movie decide to rebuild him?

kailus13:

There is a reason why he's rebuilt, yes.

kailus13:
Was that a clip of Jason beating up someone in a sleeping bag, with another person in a sleeping bag? How can anyone take this movie seriously after that?

SPOILERS:

It's been awhile since I agreed with Defense Force, but this is a big one. There are series where maintaining the integrity of the story is important. Friday the 13th is not one of them. I mean come on, by this point we had a zombie resurrection with a shovel and lightning, a psychic, a pleasure cruise to Manhattan, and Jason as a parasitic brain slug.

This one was good fun.

I always thought slasher movies should be about comedy.

kailus13:

I can't get past how they blew up a whole space station by crashing through the dome thing at the top. How the fuck does that work? That doesn't even make sense in the context of silly comedy slasher movie.

In a series about an (arguably) undead mountain man wearing a piece of sports equipment who murders horny co-eds with gardening tools, there's really no boundaries on how silly you can get. Jason Goes to Hell is the only film in the series I actually hate, mainly because Jason only has about 2 minutes of screen time (in his own body) for the whole thing. It's the reason I also enjoy the remake; as long as we've got Jason Voorhees doing his thing and the film never takes itself too seriously, then I'm a happy camper. I openly admit that every single one of the Friday the 13th movies are dumb, goofy, and virtually plotless. And I love them. Not in an "Iroooooooniic [/pretentious voice]" way.
Now, at the bottom of it all, I tend to gravitate towards Freddy Krueger and his films, due to them having unlimited creative potential when it comes to kills, and having an antagonist who is simultaneously malicious and evil yet endearingly campy, but Jason is still way up there.

Ironically the cryogenic technique actually did work. One must remember. That while frozen the world was noticeably Jason-less. Teens were free to frolic at campsites without being skewered by hard, unrelenting 'non-throbbing' implements.

As for uber jason... yeah, that was awesome.

Back then, when I heard of Jason X, I was seriously wondering what New Line Cinema was smoking to come up with that idea. Oddly enough, it was suppose to be a placeholder for them to keep the film rights since Freddy vs. Jason was in development hell. These days, a lot of people are saying that this is definitely one of the better sequels and its mostly due to it being a slasher with comedic elements with Jason playing the straight man.

I hope one of the movie channels is going to play Jason X this October (uncut and uncensored, of course). Would be great to appreciate it in an non-ironic way.

undeadsuitor:

kailus13:

As for the rebuilding? Simple answer actually...

The Great JT:
I love the cryo-kill with the liquid nitrogen. That is my rebuttal.

This. That scene usually ends up on 'best kills in horror movies' lists because it's amazing.

perfect final scene to leave it on good sir! thats the one thing that always stuck with me from this movie lol

Oddly enough, I never thought the Über-Jason design looked stupid. But maybe that's because I was never terribly fond of the raggedy-hockey-masked standard Jason look.

I always though this was one of the more innovative and interesting of all jason movies. this movie definatelly deserves more recognition than it gets. it was self aware, fun and still kept to spirit of Jason.

I always defended Jason X for being an alright sort of ending to the series. Oh yes, the remake train rolls through Slasher Town on a regular basis, and most of them give a big middle finger to the ongoing plots (what there is of it) of these series that have been going on for decades.

Halloween gets special mention for that because H2O would have been an alright sort of ending, but Resurrection is not. Just can't win. Hellraiser at least had the decency to film the ending years before the series actually ended. It was in space too oddly.

But Jason X was a great ending. Jason was killed in the most awesome way possible, and may or may not live to continue his killing spree on a new world, The End. It was perfect.

I can only hope the new Childs Play movie wraps up the story before Remake time flushes the old continuity.

I am glad this isn't a "good movie for what it is" thread. Instead, it is a simple defense of a movie that was thought to be good and funny. I'll have to watch that whole sleeping bag scene again on youtube.

I always remember that liquid nitrogen face smash as somewhat amusing in that Sub-Zero fatality kind of way.

Oh, Jason X, you magnificent bastard. You can't really hate this movie, if you look at it as a comedy. Half the time it doesn't even try to explain things. Like how Jason does manage to get anywhere without everyone knowing? He just does.

kailus13:

Kinda spoilerish, but nothing that will ruin the plot of the movie. Just about the scene with the two sleeping bags.

I remember seeing this and thinking very little of it, until near the end with the virtual cheerleader girls in the sleeping bags. That was so over the top and stupid I laughed so hard and finally understood what i was watching, it was never meant to be taken seriously.

Am I the only person in the world who finds Jim Sterling infinitely more tolerable when I don't have to see him on my screen?

No, seriously, I actually agree with the majority of his comments and sentiments. I like his thought-processes. However, as much as I like his reviews and Movie Defense Force, I find it almost impossible to watch Jimquisition.

It's almost painful.

This movie was probably one of the best Jason movies in the franchise. Personally, I thought Melyssa Ade, as Janessa, had some of the best lines in the movie.

One of the most amusing easter eggs that I saw in the film is that, during the scene where the soldiers are hunting Jason throughout the ship, I recognized one of the guns they were using as a Nerf gun that they have painted over. Then again, given how well the soldiers did, they might as well have been using Nerf.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here