No Right Answer: Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

Sure, Agent Coulson is living it up on his own series now, but TV is a group effort. Who else should have their own television series?

Watch Video

Deadpool needs his own tv show as long as ryan reynolds doesn't play him

Dan looks like he was in a hostage video during the Expo pitch. Just sayin'.

I also agree with the DareDevil win. Law & Order but in reverse... with SUPERHEROES! Sounds like a win to me. But both choices could make interesting episodes of Agents of SHIELD and maybe they'll get a spin off.

Deadpool would be cool to have his own show.

THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.

I second the idea of Daredevil getting a show. And unlike CSI/Law & Order/NCIS, it can actually START silly instead of starting somewhat normal and getting more and more stupid. In fact, the sillier it gets, the better the show would be. Lull them in with the standard crime episodes for half a season and then Elektra shows up and we're suddenly dealing with ninjas.

Plus, there's potential for great cliffhangers. Like an episode ends with a teaser of a certain super-villain...

<------------------ *ahem*

If I wanna see a skrull invasion I'll just go back and rewatch Deep Space Nine.
But if I can't have a Flash tv show I'll settle for the next best thing

Nice episode here and an interesting discussion, both characters would be pretty cool to have a TV series based around. Now personally, while I can see the need for more love for female Superheroes, I prefer Daredevil. That said, while I really like Daredevil as a character, and even his movie (loved the director's cut in particular), SilverUchiha's idea;

SilverUchiha:

THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.

...is full of win. A Heroes for Hire TV series would be absolutely awesome.

If we are also including DC superheroes as part of this discussion then I'd also love to see a Gold Booster and Blue Beetle TV series.

I'd rather watch a Starman series.

Daredevil would be a good show. Street level is cheap to produce. Plus they could do a season of Matt dealing with the Hand. Ninjas are really cheap to produce and they are empirically cool.

Though Heroes for Hire would have me coming back every single week. Good point SilverUchiha!

Black Panther should get a TV series. I also agree about Deadpool.

Daredevil could be interesting. I think Ms Marvel would turn into a Smallville-esque show if they tried it. Only it wouldn't have the clout of Superman to keep it going.

I think Heroes for Hire will probably come into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and possibly get a spin off from that. The first episode showed they could reasonably do Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The show is going to need to come up with superheroes at some point at those are the easiest, well except for the Punisher. Who should get his own show.

"Has to be cost-effective."

So, how do you do pull off the flying and energy blast-shooting Ms. Marvel television show, Chris? I know the most TV shows, nowadays, have really good budgets behind them to the point where they're almost as good as movies; but still.

It'd be easier to make a She-Hulk television series, because then you'd just have to find a charismatic, tall, and well built lawyer to paint green. Or, have her make a special appearance in a Daredevil show, which would totally work. Anytime you need to show off Matt Murdock's super-senses, just zoom in on his ear and up the volume on whatever he's "looking" for.

We've already seen that a TV series about a female character balancing her superpowers against her personal life can work: The Secret World of Alex Mack!

Granted, I haven't watched the show since it was on originally, but I remember it being good!

Dammmit Kyle! Now you got me excited for a Daredevil tv-series! >_<''

YES! Daredevil wins! People go nuts for detective and lawyer shows, so Daredevil's a no brainer. Bonus, he's a trained ass-kicker, so he'll beat up the perp in one half of an episode, then prosecute him in court for the other half. They could begin with taking on "normal" criminals, then step up to the costumed variety (and make the Kingpin the Big Bad for at least one season), then bring on the ninjas. Crossing over with S.H.I.E.L.D. is just gravy. About the Kingpin: we haven't seen him in a cartoon since the '90's; that must change.

And shall I assume you guys don't like the Superman/Wonder Woman romance going on in DC?

The Doom Patrol.

Capitalizes on the love of "weird" shows, like Fringe and Supernatural.

Plus, Doom Patrol is more interesting then, oh, most super heroes.

SilverUchiha:
THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers.

This. In fact, during the AoS pilot I was briefly hoping that J. August Richard's character was Luke Cage and decided to become a Hero for Hire as he was unemployed.

Good win!

Deadpool would be truly amazing, but only if HBO made it.
Because PG13 it would suck harder than the supermassive black hole at the center of the universe!!!!

UNHchabo:
We've already seen that a TV series about a female character balancing her superpowers against her personal life can work: The Secret World of Alex Mack!

Granted, I haven't watched the show since it was on originally, but I remember it being good!

(Dan): Ermagerd I loved that show! Couldn't she melt or something? I forget that show too, but like you I remember loving it.

Darth_Payn:
YES! Daredevil wins! People go nuts for detective and lawyer shows, so Daredevil's a no brainer. Bonus, he's a trained ass-kicker, so he'll beat up the perp in one half of an episode, then prosecute him in court for the other half. They could begin with taking on "normal" criminals, then step up to the costumed variety (and make the Kingpin the Big Bad for at least one season), then bring on the ninjas. Crossing over with S.H.I.E.L.D. is just gravy. About the Kingpin: we haven't seen him in a cartoon since the '90's; that must change.

And shall I assume you guys don't like the Superman/Wonder Woman romance going on in DC?

(Dan): I don't speak for the other two, but in my opinion it adds a "Needs a guy" angle to Wonder Woman that she's gotten by pretty well without before. Granted I haven't read much of it personally.

Firefilm:
(Dan): Ermagerd I loved that show! Couldn't she melt or something? I forget that show too, but like you I remember loving it.

I remembered her being able to morph into a liquid; Wikipedia tells me that she could also send electricity through her fingers, and had telekinesis.

Daredevil is the better choice to fit a TV show.

I'd watch both, though. I just have trouble seeing Ms. Marvel as cost-effective.

ZZoMBiE13:
Dan looks like he was in a hostage video during the Expo pitch. Just sayin'.

Well, we ARE a gang.

I'm guessing that means That the Escapist Expo is a ransom drop?

Red X:
I'd rather watch a Starman series.

I'd love to see this as a show that moves from period piece with the first Starman to the 90s Jack Knight.

My pick however would be Planetary by Warren Ellis (Elijah Snow rocks) or a Law & Order-type show with She-Hulk or J'onn J'onzz: P.I. (Martian Manhunter posing as a Private Investigator). I'd watch all of those.

Spawn. Ok he had a anime series, but judging by how awesome that was, a live action series would be awesome.

My life won't be complete until there's a Nightwing TV series. Or at least a movie *sigh*

Well, I'm lucky to have seen Dredd recently (for free, thanks to an Amazon Prime membership), so I know the reference you made. It's more relevant than one or more of you guys might think, because "the law" goes against "what's right" many times in that movie, culminating in a main character's decision at the end.

SilverUchiha:
... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.

I concur entirely.
Have Luke, Iron Fist, Misty Knight and Coleen Wing as main cast members and a bunch of B grade spiderman villains as kung-fu fodder. I think the Power Broker would be a good shot-caller type villain to start with because it would provide a good explanation for where all these convicts are getting their super-power-serum from, including Luke Cage. Because after seeing superheroes battling aliens overhead, every criminal or vigilante in New York would want some super juice.
Haha I think I want to see 'The Wire' but with Marvel NY instead of Baltimore and mutant growth hormone instead of crack .
Then on the other hand you'd have Iron Fist and his 'my parents were murdered, so I spent half my life becoming a magic ninja, now I'm back in the real world' baggage. But at this point we seem to be past the science powers/magic powers genre mixing.
Oh and Daredevil has to be their lawyer.

And Carol Danvers is an Airforce Pilot/Female Superman that fights alien invasions... That show would be either expensive or disappointing. I vote for feature film then full Avenger status.

TechTim:
Deadpool needs his own tv show as long as ryan reynolds doesn't play him

Has Ryan Reynolds ever HAD a good script to work with though? cause only two movies he's in that come to mind or Wolverine and Green Lantern and both pretty much sucked for reasons out side the actors control.

anyway. I'd watch a Ms Marvel show, bound to be more interesting then Dare Devil

Yeah I got admit for an ongoing tv show Daredevil is better. He doesn't need many special effects and he doesn't need superhuman supervillans to work whereas Ms Marvel is flying around absorbing energy and blasting shit. It has the potential to end up looking really bad on tv and you would need equivalent villains if you want it to seem threatening to her. Anything less than city destroying is going to end up being "so why can't she just kick his ass?". She should get her own movie/series of movies though.

Ms Marvel is apparently set for Phase 3. Daredevil may turn up as a TV show.

SilverUchiha:

I'm nearly shocked this hasn't happened. Heroes for Hire would be great.

Also, god damnit, we do NOT need a Ms. Marvel show! She would be the WORST female hero to stick into a TV show, because she should totally be introduced in Avengers or her own movie. I honestly think she SHOULD be the first female hero to get her own movie, but her powers are over the top, I DON'T want to see what they'd do with her with the shit Special FX that they'd use in a TV show.

Also, Chris shows so much ignorance here! 1.) Ms. Marvel has NO iconic love interest. She's a professional woman who cared very much about her career in the military. That is a great place to start from to establish her, and take out an ENTIRE trope. You'd make feminists happy because you have a female character who just isn't attracted to any guy. KILL that trope. A super-hero movie is not a romantic fucking comedy. 2.) Daredevil cannot and should not join S.H.I.E.L.D.. It's one thing for Hawkeye, who has a very derivative but complicated back story being a sorta outlaw due to being confused and attacking Iron Man, it's another to take Daredevil, an established street level hero and lawyer, and making him a super spy. Nothing would piss me off more.

Yeah, screw that.

ShadowHamster:

SilverUchiha:

I'm nearly shocked this hasn't happened. Heroes for Hire would be great.

Also, god damnit, we do NOT need a Ms. Marvel show! She would be the WORST female hero to stick into a TV show, because she should totally be introduced in Avengers or her own movie. I honestly think she SHOULD be the first female hero to get her own movie, but her powers are over the top, I DON'T want to see what they'd do with her with the shit Special FX that they'd use in a TV show.

Also, Chris shows so much ignorance here! 1.) Ms. Marvel has NO iconic love interest. She's a professional woman who cared very much about her career in the military. That is a great place to start from to establish her, and take out an ENTIRE trope. You'd make feminists happy because you have a female character who just isn't attracted to any guy. KILL that trope. A super-hero movie is not a romantic fucking comedy. 2.) Daredevil cannot and should not join S.H.I.E.L.D.. It's one thing for Hawkeye, who has a very derivative but complicated back story being a sorta outlaw due to being confused and attacking Iron Man, it's another to take Daredevil, an established street level hero and lawyer, and making him a super spy. Nothing would piss me off more.
Yeah, screw that.

She's getting her own movie, Marvel already has a working script. There's rumours she'll appear in Avengers 2 and Emily Blunt and Ruth WIlson are apparently up for the role.

Firefilm:
Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

Sure, Agent Coulson is living it up on his own series now, but TV is a group effort. Who else should have their own television series?

Watch Video

01:34 And The Runaways movie. Oh yeah,this almost happened.
There was even a script written by Wheadon as well. What happened? The Avengers.

2:54 Like The Runaways. While I'm all for a Runaways film,(the comic, not the band)
I'll agree it should'nt be until after Avengers 2, for various reasons.
The main baddie of the aforementioned movie is supposedly either Ultron, right?
Victor Mancha= Cyborg son of Ultron ( it's somewhat complicated) Makes sense to me.

3:04 NO. Just....No.

3:56 So do I. I still say his performance was one of the saving graces of the movie.

4:30 Thank you for reminding me of both A. of those HORRIBLE movies
and B. That the Fantastic Four film franchise is owned by Fox. Why is this a problem?

Xavin= Super Skrull. Super Skrull= Skrull that can use the Fantastic Four's abilities.
Said Skrull= Secret Invasion. Secret Invasion= Having to buy the rights back from Fox. Oy.

6:34 Who would watch a Iron Man movie when some people don't know who HE is,Chris?
...Oh,wait! XD

6:40 Well, Kyle....have you ever taught maybe some people who were
unaware of Ms. Marvel's backstory would want a good jumping off point without having
to dig through a large hill of continuity?

A Ms. Marvel tv show would get airtime. I can think of two reasons why. Also would'n't this get people to read the comics?

Matt Murdoch is the Ally McBeal of the marvel universe.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here