Escape to the Movies: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3

jthm:
Does anyone else want bob to quit it with the terrible boston ahccent?

Absolutely not. I love the accent, and want more of it, rather than him trying to mask his natural way of speaking. I think if you try to censor something as fundamental as your accent, you'll also end up censoring what you say. I'd rather hear his real words.

Aardvaarkman:

Arqus_Zed:
Yes Bob, you dislike GTA V, we get it.

Just like we know you masturbate to everything Nintendo releases and you want to have a Robin on the silver screen again.

There is absolutely no reason for you to constantly remind us of that.

I dunno, somebody needs to do it, to counter the horribly gushing 10/10 reviews and fanboyism about it. It's actually a very disappointing and boring game, which I really regret purchasing. It's about as fun as driving to the supermarket to buy groceries.

Well that's just, like, your opinion man.

Seriously though, most of the time, when a game gets a lot of high scores, yet you don't agree with it, chances are the game just isn't for you.

This does not mean the game is bad, it is just that you have different tastes.

My personal advice: deal with it and find yourself some other game to enjoy.

Arqus_Zed:
Seriously though, most of the time, when a game gets a lot of high scores, yet you don't agree with it, chances are the game just isn't for you.

This does not mean the game is bad, it is just that you have different tastes.

My personal advice: deal with it and find yourself some other game to enjoy.

Well, yeah, I'm not having any problems dealing with it, I have plenty of other stuff to play. I was just disappointed, is all, because every other Rockstar game has been a "must play" for me, including other GTAs.

Maybe it's me that has changed, who knows? I might have to check out this Saints Row stuff. There's just something rather off about GTA V to me... kind of an uncanny valley thing, perhaps?

P.S: As for the reviews on mainstream gaming sites, I don't trust them at all. I suspect many of the are taking payola, or at least not trying to bite the corporate hand that feeds. How can anybody trust a rating system that has gotten to the point where 9/10 is considered a negative score? So, saying that the majority of sites giving high reviews doesn't redeem the game in any way to me. Those sites are in the business of giving inflated reviews.

Aardvaarkman:

jthm:
Does anyone else want bob to quit it with the terrible boston ahccent?

Absolutely not. I love the accent, and want more of it, rather than him trying to mask his natural way of speaking. I think if you try to censor something as fundamental as your accent, you'll also end up censoring what you say. I'd rather hear his real words.

Nonsense. I doubt Bob is talking on the fly when he does his reviews. I'd be willing to bet that he (like most people who have a lot of opinion to share and a limited time in which to share it) writes it out ahead of time and then reads the finished product. You aren't censoring anything if you're reading a pre-prepared statement. What he's doing is creating incongruity between his reviews and really 'ought to just pick one accent or lack thereof and stick with it.

I saw this in theaters a few days ago without having watched the original. Really loved this one though my favorite ani-food was the Meatball-rus.

What was the meat loaf supposed to be? The closest I got was something like Buffa-Loaf.

He sounds just like Dee in Sunny when she's trying to do a boston-accent :D

trty00:
So, wait we're going to compare GTA V to Breaking Bad simply because Trevor is also violent meth dealer? Yes, because clearly Breaking Bad was the show that invented the 'violent drug kingpin you don't fuck with' archetype, and everything else is just a copycat. Jeez...

Agreed, I think it was a very silly statement. I mean, does Bob realise that meth was a drug before prime time t.v. made it popular and cool? If anything Trevor is Hunter S. Thompson played by Jack Nicolson. I cannot think of ANY thematic comparisons between the show and GTA 5 except for crime. I really don't want to let this one slide because I know how much Bob likes to back up his statements with research...

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here