8 Great Mechs in Media

Pages 1 2 NEXT

8 Great Mechs in Media

Sometimes there are mechanized weapons that people can pilot, this gallery is about such things. So hop into a 'mech and make sure not to overheat.

Read Full Article

The fact that you didn't even cover any of the BattleTech 'Mechs makes me sad. :(

Dr.Awkward:
The fact that you didn't even cover any of the BattleTech 'Mechs makes me sad. :(

What this guy said. even without the launch of MWO yesterday, Battletech deserves, no DEMANDS a spot on this list.

Dr.Awkward:

One could argue that mechs are by definition great, so that would make any list of 'Great Mechs' hopelessly lacking. :D

JPArbiter:

Dr.Awkward:

What this guy said. even without the launch of MWO yesterday, Battletech deserves, no DEMANDS a spot on this list.

I would like to third the motion to post add Battletech/Mechwarrior. The lack of it frankly stuns me since it has a huge media pedigree since the 80's (books, games, tv show, tabletop). Also, I find your lack of Star Wars AT models disturbing.

"Voltron?" The name's GoLion, buddy.

There are too many cool mechs to just to a 8 mech list. Where are the pony mechs?

No Battletech mechs. :c Dissapoint.

No Megazord or Gundam...I am disappoint :'(

No Metal Gear, no Gundam, no VF-1, no Mazinger, Getter Robo, not even Zone of the Enders, but you include Lost Planet 3? I mean this is the game where piloting the mech is terrible slow boring toss that makes an already bad game worse!, and it's in your list of "great mechs".

You need to go back to robot school.

No Battletech/Mechwarrior. Were you high or something when you made this list? I mean, I could excuse the lack Gundam and Zone of the Enders as a difference of opinion, but how do you make a list abouts 'mechs and not include Mechwarrior?

<------ Just got done a session of MW:O

Needs more Gundam Gundammit!

My personal favorite, Deathscythe!

Not even the venerable AT-AT?

Without a Gundam, Evangelion or even a Zord, the list feels a little bit incomplete.

I don't even watch Gundam (eastern mechs are always to floaty for me and yes I know the excuse reasoning) and I find no mention of them to be odd.

And to have no No Battletech/Mechwarrior... Why? With 40k Titan's even I have to admit they are obscure but still...

The Hawken image could have been better as well.

Worgen:
There are too many cool mechs to just to a 8 mech list. Where are the pony mechs?

...What.

No Metal Gears? No Gundams? No Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

This list is the worst list.

Ah, yes, the giant robot MRI, Ball Trial.

I love Youtube captions.

(The preceeding makes no sense unless you've seen this, which in turn makes no sense unless you've seen this, which in turn makes no sense unless you know what the Athanasian Creed is without looking it up.)

No Megas XLR? What have you done?

Ed130:
I don't even watch Gundam (eastern mechs are always to floaty for me and yes I know the excuse reasoning) and I find no mention of them to be odd.

And to have no No Battletech/Mechwarrior... Why? With 40k Titan's even I have to admit they are obscure but still...

Worgen:

...What.

What? You don't think magical talking horses get giant robots? Racist. :P

Worgen:

Ed130:

Worgen:

...What.

I've never seen those designs before, and no I didn't think the MLP universe needed battlemechs.

Apparently I was wrong.

Yep, there's a distinct lack of Mad Cat in this list.

For SHAME I SAY!

METAL GEAR?! Damn it, man. You missed a few important ones I think. Oh well. Rex says hi.

Ed130:

Worgen:

Ed130:

...What.

I've never seen those designs before, and no I didn't think the MLP universe needed battlemechs.

Apparently I was wrong.

Keep in mind, they have already had to fight an

Having a bit extra for the next threat might not be a bad idea.

Lost Planet 3 is the biggest case of bias towards recent releases I've seen. Previous LP games had better mechs and they're still not really top shelf mechs.

Arnoxthe1:

For SHAME I SAY!

That thing is really iconic as well, you'll see Timberwolf knockoffs in a lot of media, I think the most recent one I've seen was a very clearly unlicensed copy in a Girl Fight quicklook. It's also what you get when you input "mech" into Scribblenauts.

KDR_11k:

Arnoxthe1:

For SHAME I SAY!

That thing is really iconic as well, you'll see Timberwolf knockoffs in a lot of media, I think the most recent one I've seen was a very clearly unlicensed copy in a Girl Fight quicklook. It's also what you get when you input "mech" into Scribblenauts.

Even Battletech has Timberwolf knockoffs for its own Timberwolf.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rakshasa

Suckerpunch gets a mention, but no Titan Maximum? This makes me sad.

I kept waiting to see Virtual On mechs, and it never happened :-(.

No love for Macross?
It had mechs with 3 transform states.
Battle Tech wound up stealing ALL OF THEM.
And the bad guy mechs too.

Yeah this mech list is crap.
It has mechs that haven't been released and misses out on massive amounts of mech history.
As stated BattleTech is a glaring omission.
Also Evangelion!

The amount of rude in this thread is astonishing. It's eight great mechs, not TEH BEST MECHS OF ALL THE MECHS. There's no call to say the list is "crap."

Behave yourselves.

Spaceman Spiff:
Suckerpunch gets a mention, but no Titan Maximum? This makes me sad.

Agreed. Where's Megas XLR?

Vote me in for Battletech. Madcat, Atlas, Marauder (Unseen), Catapult...

Robotech? No?

Hmmm...

Evangelion?

Nope.

List needs work. Could have been easily ten.

EDIT!

Oh, yeah,....

URBANMECH! Or should I say... UBERMECH!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyCsu0QRO0

I swear, I've posted that link in a half-dozen different places.

Also, revenge of the edit!

MechWarrior Online Launch Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea3spOtjLmI

Hero of Lime:
Needs more Gundam Gundammit!

My personal favorite, Deathscythe!

I know right a great mech list and not a single Mobile Suit WTF.
Also Deathscythe is one of my favorites to.

The:

This, you guys. THIS had to be on here, at the very least

JonB:
The amount of rude in this thread is astonishing. It's eight great mechs, not TEH BEST MECHS OF ALL THE MECHS. There's no call to say the list is "crap."

Behave yourselves.

People just wanted to see the mechs they love on there. Me, I kinda agree, there could've been some even greater mechs than some of the ones listed. It's not a bad list at all though, it's just... Not what most people expected

Aetheora:

The:

This, you guys. THIS had to be on here, at the very least

I mean... chicks do dig giant robots... that giant robot being MEGAS!!!

And no Gurren Lagann? Not even mecha's newcomer Gypsy Danger?! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY ARE?!
This list is heresy! Blargh complain blargh!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here