Doomsday Arcade: Episode One

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Episode One

Tied for first place in this year's Escapist Film Festival, this is the story of two gamers who find themselves the targets when video game characters invade the real world with one objective: Kill the fascist users!

Watch Video

Unfortunately I doubt you guys will ever unseat ZP as the premier Escapist draw, but it's great work and I like it a lot more than D-Rez or Unforgotten Realms, I can't wait to see the next episode.

Ahh damn, and there was me expecting a new episode after they'd changed the name and hosted it properly...

Ahh well, still as funny as ever; wonderfully stylised and over the top. Love the tie as well ;)

Which guy is Micheal Shanks?

Also I loved this first episode, I can't wait for the new one... I hope it can be as epic but for some reason I'm scared it wont be. Good luck guys :)

THIRDZOMG!(or something like that)
Even though some of the jokes were clever, I didn't laugh, sorry.

I have to admit, even thought this is the same as the pilot, it is still way funnier, smarter and better thought out than the other new feature. I'm sorry its just not had to twist somethings words and mock it, hell I bet we all do it when watching TV with our mates. Anyways I'm genuinly looking forward to more of this features videos. Keep it up.

I have a Dream...cast!
Nice work guys.
Here's to hoping the next one is this funny too.

Loved it! The awkward Link moment made me crack up. I also enjoyed the goofy style of it all.

Colour me dissapointed it wasnt new content, Im really looking forward to this series :(

I don't even know why but I was definitely laughing, also I was actually impressed with the effects.

Any idea how often these are going to come out?

pfff let them come! Us gamers will be the best defence the world has. AND WE WILL SET A NEW HIGH SCORE!

They know it might get awkward so they just ran with it, can't wait for new stuff.

Nimbus:

I believe these are coming out every two weeks. Unfortunately the video guys are out on a road trip doing some filming today so I can't double-check.

Awsome series, I can't wait for the next one.

Random as this may be, but am I the only one that thinks that the Link in this looks like Nick Evans, the Harlequin's fly half?

This series looks like it has a lot of promise, to reiterate what has already been said, I can't wait for a new episode!

I may have seen this before, but its still incredibley funny. Theres just so many great quotes in here.

"Can you speak Japanese?!"
"No, but I can read"

God, I've got to get that tie. This is now my faviourite thing on the escapist appart from Yahtzee, keep it up.

*Fangasm*

If you can get more credibility to your acting skills the show might turn out really neat.

*Eagerly waits the next episode*

DR Houseman Approved!
I order you to release the next episode ASAP!

PedroSteckecilo:
Unfortunately I doubt you guys will ever unseat ZP as the premier Escapist draw, but it's great work and I like it a lot more than D-Rez or Unforgotten Realms, I can't wait to see the next episode.

Please, not only you Pedro, but ALL OF YOU. DO - NOT - . I repeat DO -NOT- compare EVERYTHING to Zero Punctuation. It's like comparing a windmill to a car.

It's uncomfortably energetic.

"Thank you very much Mr. Roboto."

That made me laugh incredibly hard. This is by far the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Not bad. Just have to see if DR is going to be doing any more before this displaces it as my favorite escapist show.

Real shame it isn't a new episode and a unlike the other new show, funny.

PedroSteckecilo:

QUOTING, for emphasis.

Nimbus:

Every other week.

Great episode, I like the name change because I always got the name of the original series wrong. I still think this episode is great, loved the MGS part. Great epsiode.

They're not as much a rival for ZP as they are for De-Rez, cause real life and gaming mix are their grounds. Unskippable went ZP's way to humiliate the game from the inside... Might prove to be a good series, but for now I'll wait in the dark corner before I say yay or nay.

Ok is his tie real or not? I can't figure it out.

raxiv:

PedroSteckecilo:

Please, not only you Pedro, but ALL OF YOU. DO - NOT - . I repeat DO -NOT- compare EVERYTHING to Zero Punctuation. It's like comparing a windmill to a car.

It's uncomfortably energetic.

It was in response to the "best Escapist Webseries Ever" line, I just had this sort of "Don't pretend you can unseat ZP, it is folly" thought in my head. It escaped and spewed itself onto the forum.

Brilliant, You guys give Unskippable and ZP a run for their money. Keep it up, contenders!

I had hoped for a double feature (Pilot+ first new episode) but ok. I'm curious about the next episodes.
[shamelessAdertising] the tie can be bought at www.thinkgeek.com [/shamelessAdertising]

and hooray for your replacement script. [/sarcasm]

Geo Da Sponge:
"Thank you very much Mr. Roboto."

That made me laugh incredibly hard. This is by far the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

That was my favorite part as well, except for that one line "Hey, just what you've always wanted: a Solid Snake at your back door!"

ChrisP.Lettuce:
Ok is his tie real or not? I can't figure it out.

It's real, its designed to look 8-bit

I really like this, though not as much as Unskippable. Best of luck!

Also, can someone clarify this line for me? "Don't you think you're (something I couldn't make out)?"
"Well, I tried (something I couldn't make out) technique but all that did was leave a bad taste in my mouth."

The game character actors really aren't doing it for me. But the two weirdos under attack are very funny. Love that Python-esque inexplicable surreality. I'll put up with the goofy costumes and mediocre premise just for that.

KUtGW

aBlackKnight:
I had hoped for a double feature (Pilot+ first new episode) but ok. I'm curious about the next episodes.

We'd considered either starting up the series with a new installment, like we did with Unskippable, or holding off re-releasing the pilot and doing a 2-for-1 deal. Ultimately we decided this series needs the set-up of the pilot to make sense, that some folks may not have seen the original at the Film Festival, and a two week delay putting out the second episode would help more than it hurt. We're confident Episode Two will be worth the wait, so please stay tuned for a couple of weeks!

In the mean time, we have yet another new series, There Will be Brawl, premiering tomorrow afternoon, and Unskippable, The Escapist Show, Zero Punctuation, Unforgotten Realms and de-rez will return next week. So maybe the waiting won't be so dull. ;)

Nimbus:

it says every other week so now when we have to wait one more week for UR we can watch DA and vise verse

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here