Doomsday Arcade: Episode One

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Also, can someone clarify this line for me? "Don't you think you're (something I couldn't make out)?"
"Well, I tried (something I couldn't make out) technique but all that did was leave a bad taste in my mouth."

"Don't you think you're promoting this a bit too much?"

"Well, I tried Chris Slack's (De-Rez) technique but all that did was leave a bad taste in my mouth" - Referring to oral copulation.

SomeBritishDude:
I may have seen this before, but its still incredibley funny. Theres just so many great quotes in here.

"Can you speak Japanese?!"
"No, but I can read"

God, I've got to get that tie. This is now my faviourite thing on the escapist appart from Yahtzee, keep it up.

i like ZP also but ever since his latest episodes starting from fallout3 i realized that not only does yahtzee lie but he: plays online mode, doesnt pay attention to story as much as he says, and doesnt pay attention to simple controls

Wow, this show is fantastic way to go. I really have to admire the effects.

Great, really fun to watch. So many great references; "Somebody set us up the bomb!" I also like the fact that there are also multiple Half Life references (the citadel in the background), as that is not often done.
Man, I got to get that tie!

They cut out that bit of funky music in the transition from the videogame world scene to the real world scene! I am have sad face, that music made for a really sweet polish. Still a class show though!

Nice work guys, I hope the second episode is as good as this one.

I have a dream.. cast. Old joke is old. That was decent but I don't think it will be a great hit.

DETHANAUT:

Also, can someone clarify this line for me? "Don't you think you're (something I couldn't make out)?"
"Well, I tried (something I couldn't make out) technique but all that did was leave a bad taste in my mouth."

"Don't you think you're promoting this a bit too much?"

"Well, I tried Chris Slack's (De-Rez) technique but all that did was leave a bad taste in my mouth" - Referring to oral copulation.

Thanks.

Russ Pitts:

aBlackKnight:
I had hoped for a double feature (Pilot+ first new episode) but ok. I'm curious about the next episodes.

We'd considered either starting up the series with a new installment, like we did with Unskippable, or holding off re-releasing the pilot and doing a 2-for-1 deal. Ultimately we decided this series needs the set-up of the pilot to make sense, that some folks may not have seen the original at the Film Festival, and a two week delay putting out the second episode would help more than it hurt. We're confident Episode Two will be worth the wait, so please stay tuned for a couple of weeks!

In the mean time, we have yet another new series, There Will be Brawl, premiering tomorrow afternoon, and Unskippable, The Escapist Show, Zero Punctuation, Unforgotten Realms and de-rez will return next week. So maybe the waiting won't be so dull. ;)

Too Many videos!!!!!!! Not really

...They're surprised by the Citadel? ...but doesn't every city them? I live in a Citadel.

Other than that, awesome. Can't wait for the next episode.

"It's the front door, and it's your house..."
"ye....shut up"

Haha, my favourite part. Looking forward to the new episodes!

I just realized, i love the 8 bit tie from thinkgeek =P and the radiohead hail to the thief wall XD

nice work with the graphics and the concept, but with some of the jokes and such it comes off like you were just trying too hard. it doesn't have the same wit or delivery like de-rez (most similar for comparison).

WarpGhost:
Colour me dissapointed it wasnt new content, Im really looking forward to this series :(

Copy and paste minus the smiley.

Doomsday Arcade:
Episode One

Tied for first place in this year's Escapist Film Festival, this is the story of two gamers who find themselves the targets when video game characters invade the real world with one objective: Kill the fascist users!

I....well I didn't like it. I agree with this:

PLabrozzi:
nice work with the graphics and the concept, but with some of the jokes and such it comes off like you were just trying too hard. it doesn't have the same wit or delivery like de-rez (most similar for comparison).

Kind of reminded me of an amateurish attempt by some media students to make a comedy series. Not once did I laugh, and all the jokes were weak. The acting was strained and forced, and there was none of the sublime wit of De-Rez or Unskippable. Ok, so the graphics were good, but graphics are very rarely funny.

It's a bit like that awful series called Disc Read Error I once saw.

Congratulations on a great start, guys. I am looking forward to seeing more! Don't let people's attempts to compare you to other stuff get to you - make your own series, your own way!

This is fantastic!
Possibly my new faverate on here.

curlycrouton:

PLabrozzi:

Kind of reminded me of an amateurish attempt by some media students to make a comedy series. Not once did I laugh, and all the jokes were weak. The acting was strained and forced, and there was none of the sublime wit of De-Rez or Unskippable. Ok, so the graphics were good, but graphics are very rarely funny.

I'm sure it's supposed to have that feeling of a forced joke.

Unlike a lot of other people, I'm excited for the new series and feel that it has a lot of potential. ZP is kind of a shot in the dark with each eps, but this has something a bit more epic like UR. I find this much funnier than Unskippable because of it's outlandish action and behavior of its characters.

There is however a lot of room for it to go downhill...

good! i rather liked it. not top notch like zp or unforgotten realms, but damn good, and the funniest live action thing on the site! keep it up, i like where its going.

Kiroshimatsu:

curlycrouton:

PLabrozzi:

Unlike a lot of other people, I'm excited for the new series and feel that it has a lot of potential. ZP is kind of a shot in the dark with each eps, but this has something a bit more epic like UR. I find this much funnier than Unskippable because of it's outlandish action and behavior of its characters.

"Ironically forced humour" has been around for too long. It really isn't funny anymore and probably needs to stop.

A welcome addition to the Escapist video line up.

Enjoyed this. Good work people.

I have no idea what I find beyond the intro so, charmingly funny. I mean, after the Mario Stalin speech everything was so...cheesy, yet, amazingly funny. Somethings wrong with me, I should hate this.

While not uproariously funny (possibly because I have become a jaded 20-something recently), I did find this funny (and did laugh heartily at Snake's first words being primarily composed of Japanese Pro Wrestlers)

Can't wait to see more.

Also I actually do sort of enjoy the "forced" delivery of some of the quote-based jokes because let's be honest, that's how it comes out in real life anyway.

Well..it has potential in my opinion, there was the odd genuinely funny bit in there, on the other hand though it was spoiled by poorly placed, overused meme's and some godawful acting in places.
But like I said, got potential for a good series there, just not fully utilising it yet.

This was a video from people who took Gaming Jokes 101 and thought they'd mastered the artform. The jokes were all pretty old and had been done on numerous other series before them. To add insult to injury, the actors came off as too annoying most of the time for me to enjoy them. Still, I'm hoping that this series isn't going to completly blow like DeRez, so I might check out another episode or two before I purge every memory I have of it through pain and fire.

By the way, with a show like that you'll never come close to being even comparable to ZP or UR. Let's not make the mistake of thinking you can...

You must keep in mind that this episode is the pilot for the series and although the jokes had been done time and time again we thought it was necessary in order to reach the widest possible audience.

Hopefully we can arouse your interest in episodes to come.

Rogue 09:
This was a video from people who took Gaming Jokes 101 and thought they'd mastered the artform....

I knew that taking class would be a bad idea.

Thanks to all the people leaving the positive feedback on the episode, It's making my already large head swell to a gargantuan level. As to those who have not enjoyed the episode, I hope we can change your minds about it with the ensuing episodes.
Anyhow, thanks for watching.

Love it. This is going to be epic, I can tell :D

Ok, by far the coolest music I've ever heard! I'm curious to see how this series turns out.

*edit*
Never respond to user feedback Timtimfed. People will only mush up your thoughts and show. =P

I choose not to respond to that.

curlycrouton:

Kiroshimatsu:

curlycrouton:

PLabrozzi:

"Ironically forced humour" has been around for too long. It really isn't funny anymore and probably needs to stop.

Well I've found it refreshing actually. You don't see that kind of humor anymore, least I haven't anyway, mostly stuff like ZP now which is for me a been around too long... hahaha

Rogue 09:
This was a video from people who took Gaming Jokes 101 and thought they'd mastered the artform. The jokes were all pretty old and had been done on numerous other series before them. To add insult to injury, the actors came off as too annoying most of the time for me to enjoy them. Still, I'm hoping that this series isn't going to completly blow like DeRez, so I might check out another episode or two before I purge every memory I have of it through pain and fire.

By the way, with a show like that you'll never come close to being even comparable to ZP or UR. Let's not make the mistake of thinking you can...

And your show exists... where?

God, don't we all love an armchair critic with an inflated feeling of self worth...

AWWW I WANTED MORE!!!

I liked this // Good writing and even thou the graphics where as bad as AVGN it still had a charm to it

Lookin forward to more

-M

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook