Escapist News Now: Assassin's Creed 4 Multiplayer New Details

Assassin's Creed 4 Multiplayer New Details

Andrea Rene spoke with Multiplayer Director for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Tim Browne about the addition of Game Labs to multiplayer along with details about modes, characters, and customization.

Watch Video

Hyped. :D I have loved the multiplayer in each game and this looks to be the best.

I just hope that the SP content that is unlocked through MP is more cosmetic. I love unlocks, but as a non multiplayer person I always hate feeling like I'm completing a game without all the intended tools. It sounds like it's all skins and titles, but it scares me a bit.

Wow, that's going to be super annoying! So when I'm playing single-player I'm going to be unlocking stuff for multiplayer that I'm probably not going to enjoy. Meanwhile if I want to unlock stuff for single-player I have to play multi-player? Urgh.... Well, that's one way to force players like myself to grudgingly play multi-player mode I suppose...

Okay, this has officially reached Call of Duty levels of tedious and stale gameplay. Any trailer I watch just shows me AC3 with pirates.

Wolfpack tutorial: Cool. Now the N00bs won't have any excuse to fuck up the synchronized kills.
Mode Maker: Now the community gets to do all the work to increase the game's replay-ability.

After seeing this and Splinter Cell, I think Ubisoft is secretly trying to tell us to stop supporting these IPs.
SC ended fine with Conviction, and AC OBVIOUSLY ended with AC3. This whole "Don't fix it if it ain't broke" approach is pissing me off. This isn't freaking Super Mario!

They'll never say no to money bags, but when you have writers turning 60 year-olds into completely different 40 year-olds, and making pirate memories surfacing from the rope-burn Desmond left in the Abstergo toilet, they are alluding that you are a consumer whore who has no integrity or appreciation for their art.

They have dug up Grandpa and made him into Frankenstein. Who knows what unholy methods they will resort to when that flesh rots in a year.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here