Escapist News Now: Assassin's Creed 4 New Abstergo Details

Assassin's Creed 4 New Abstergo Details

Escapist News Now on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Watch Video

interesting interview. now im really curious about the ending if its really that good as he claims. so far im really positive about the game what i have seen so far.

Nobody gives a damn about the present day setting!

How come Ubisoft doesn't understand this?!

Maxtro:

I give a damn. With the core gameplay more and more about doing random stuff (now the naval minigame from III becomes core mechanic in four, outstanding...), those Desmond chapters in AC III were actually a breath of fresh air for me, so I hope there will be more of that (if done right, obviously).

OT: So far I have every game this series has produced on PS3, usually that would be a no brainer for me, but this time, I'm not sure I want to spend my money. Even though they added "IV" to the title, it seems just like a big spinoff, even worse than AC: Brotherhood and Revelations. I'll wait for the reviews this time.

Maxtro:

I do. This whole game in a game thing was one of the things that made AC so memorable to me. Now I'm replaying all the AC games I know and I see why people don't like it, but it's only because Ubi kinda botched it, but it's a great concept which can be enhanced a lot.

And besides he said it's just 20 minutes in a 20-hour game.

Maxtro:

i care as well. its a little switch from sailing around and just being in a present day screwing around.
and as sykes pointed out; its only a 20min for the entire game. and we can enter it when ever we like to move around. which is a good idea. just wondering around without worrying that some guards are trying to kill you ( i assume there wont be any enemies).

It goes to show how the industry works in that they had to (ab)use an existing IP just to be able to make the pirate game they wanted to make, instead of starting a whole new IP. Having said that, this game looks pretty good, and should probably be regarded in its own right, and not necessarily as an AC game, even though the dev said the contrary.

Heh, a better ending than the one to Ezio's arc? Ok, surprise me...

People who don't like pirates won't like this game? Who doesn't like pirates! Also, if you don't like pirates why would you buy this game in the first place? You're an assassin pirate, you're a pirate who is an assassin, it says so on the box and in all of the game clips // I very much doubt there is a person out there who is a diehard AC fan but it going "Ah man, I'd love to buy this game, but there is too many pirates in it"

-M

Maxtro:

Speak for yourself, I care alot about the present day in AC universe. I care so much that I wish they made a stand alone game with desmond, but since it ended the way it did....nvm.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here