EXP: Do's and Don'ts Episode 14

Do's and Don'ts Episode 14

The gang deals with Gregory going anime.

Watch Video

Oh yeah, because American comics and cartoons don't drag out single plot points or reusing the same boring characters again and again. But at least it's not for 100 episodes. It's for fifty or sixty years...ahem...Marvel and DC. And thank God comics don't oversexualize characters at all for the sole purpose of providing wanking material. But in all seriousness, whatever failing some anime may have (as it seemed all they were really talking about was stuff like Dragon Ball Z), at least you can find more unique and varied stories than muscle-bound steroid user in tights beats up a bad guy and throws them in jail so the bad guy can get out the following issue and do it all again...for sixty years.

LysanderNemoinis:
Oh yeah, because American comics and cartoons don't drag out single plot points or reusing the same boring characters again and again. But at least it's not for 100 episodes. It's for fifty or sixty years...ahem...Marvel and DC. And thank God comics don't oversexualize characters at all for the sole purpose of providing wanking material. But in all seriousness, whatever failing some anime may have (as it seemed all they were really talking about was stuff like Dragon Ball Z), at least you can find more unique and varied stories than muscle-bound steroid user in tights beats up a bad guy and throws them in jail so the bad guy can get out the following issue and do it all again...for sixty years.

Eh, I'd still rather watch Futurama or Animaniacs. Also you might be taking the joke a bit seriously.

LysanderNemoinis:

Oh yes because Scalped,Critical Millennium, Chew, Locke and Key, Y:The Last Man, The Invisibles, V for Vendetta, Saga, etc are stories about muscle-bound steroid user in tights beats up a bad guy and throws them in jail so the bad guy can get out the following issue and do it all again".Please.

Fumbles:

LysanderNemoinis:

Oh yes because Scalped,Critical Millennium, Chew, Locke and Key, Y:The Last Man, The Invisibles, V for Vendetta, Saga, etc are stories about muscle-bound steroid user in tights beats up a bad guy and throws them in jail so the bad guy can get out the following issue and do it all again".Please.

Those are the few couple that prove the rule. And you forgot The Sandman, which is actually my favorite graphic novel of all time. But the vast majority of American comics are of the typical masked homunculus variety. I suppose I may be taking it a bit more seriously than I should, but I'm getting annoyed with people putting down anime, and I'm going to verbally fight back. I'm sick of just shrugging and moving on, even on something as inconsequential as this series.

Yawn... you know I think they should go back to being you know 'funny' Apparently the Bully episode will go down as this series' high-point. It's been less about comically bad or inappropriate advice and more about snarky commentary.

As far as anime goes... well it's a broad medium and gets praise because it tackles a wide variety of topics. Because due to the way the asian labour market and talent pool works, it's simply cheaper to produce than live action.

Lol, now all the anime fan are going to freak the fuck out.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head!
I find that it's only the "slice of life" animes that I can stand and that's not saying much.

I just hate it when people say "It's NOT a cartoon... It's ANIME!"
Like there's a ****'n difference.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or