Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Evil Fish

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Evil Fish

Lisa hops into the deep end for a wet and wild Top Five.

Watch Video

I would like to add GYOOOOORG the Masked Gargantuan Fish in there. For only being a douchebag of a fish!

How about eely mouth from super mario sunshine? Not exactly evil, but made for a pretty fun boss battle.

I would say an honorable mention to the Watcher in Lord of the Rings the Third Age. Not sure if it qualifies as a fish but it's still a jerk for being immune to melee attacks.
Maybe you could do a Top 5 Beards list sometime?

Murlocs, god dam Murlocs!!!!! Most evil and vile fish...things ever created!

Of course.

I spent most of that video thinking: "Where is Bob?" Good to see justice was served at the end.

No giant dope fish from commander Keen???? Those were as evil as they were hungry and big as they were stupid.....and dangerous!!!

Part of me wonders why Magikarp didn't make the list?

Pre-evolution: weak ass, stupid little goldfish pokemon

Post-evolution: murderous, hyper beam shooting serpent.

Captcha: hocus pocus

Indeed, captcha.

Lookin' good, Lisa!
Keep 'em coming!!!

DVS BSTrD:

Maybe you could do a Top 5 Beards list sometime?

I would just like for everyone to know that I inspired this suggestion. Me.

May the beards be with you.

OT: They may be cartoony, but the sharks in Jak scarred me fo' life.

Does Linda really count? She's not evil, she's under mind control and was forced to mutate into a hideous beast to do the bidding of Coach Oleander. She's the real victim here.

captain_dalan:
No giant dope fish from commander Keen???? Those were as evil as they were hungry and big as they were stupid.....and dangerous!!!

The Dopefish lives!

I don't ordinarily go into WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK mode, but for once: I would've liked to see Yami from Okami in the video, even as intro filler. Come on! It's the freaking Lord of Darkness and the ultimate Boss to an amazing game.

Any member of the plesioth family from Monster Hunter (especially from second gen) is by far the most evil of fish, an evil hit-box is by far the most devious trait.

CriticalMiss:
Does Linda really count? She's not evil, she's under mind control and was forced to mutate into a hideous beast to do the bidding of Coach Oleander. She's the real victim here.

That's what I was thinking too. Linda's not evil. She's a magical lady.

Some honorable notion should be in these comments to illustrate two fishe types from Dwarf Fortress.

1) Carps. For some time, the game used a mechanic, wich make every creature up their random stat (streinght, agility, etc.) with every level-up of some skill. And skills were level-uipping by relative activity. So every fish from their birth for many years with no choise were level-upping their swimming skill. And whenever some naive young dwarf decided to go fishing a bit, he immediately was dragged by a rampaging 100lvl super-monster-carp to the bottom of the river and torned apart. Literraly: those fishes teared strudy armored woriors to pieces in a matter of seconds.

2) Flying zombie sharks. I don't even have to describe why and how aweomly are they evlil.

What about Gyorg?! That's the most evil fish I've ever met! He spits LOTS of little fish at you, and they're not shrimps! And he swims right up, chews you, and spits you out! Plus he's wearing an evil mask that's imprisoning a giant! How did Gyorg NOT make this list?! Aside from it being Lisa's list and not mine, I mean.

Gyorg in MM, and the Shark in Banjo-Kazooie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd95kek_ot4

I think Kevin is trying to eat the fish Lisa.

Two mentions from the Half-Life series:

1) Leeches. In HL1 they appear in all of the watery areas, and they nip at you for 1hp, and can be taken out with the crowbar. They're annoying, and their main purpose seems to be preventing you from reaching air right after your tram crashes into the water. However, in HL2 they act as the invisible wall; they attack the player for venturing out into the ocean.

2) The Ichthyosaur. There are several instances of this monster in HL1, and one attacks you in HL2 during the first teleport sequence. Those things were scary as hell when I first saw them. :)

hermes200:
Of course.

I spent most of that video thinking: "Where is Bob?" Good to see justice was served at the end.

Hella yeah! That scene from "Earthworm Jim 2" was just hilarious. I loved that game. (Anybody else think it was far better than the original?)

Shaidz:
Murlocs, god dam Murlocs!!!!! Most evil and vile fish...things ever created!

Meh, I always thought they were more like frogs or toads.

I remember being scared of the fish in balloon fight when I was a kid.

hermes200:
Of course.

Me too, he was the only one I actually thought of when I saw the video's title and was ready to rain hell down on Lisa for missing him. However he showed up in the #1 spot so she gets a reprieve..... FOR NOW!

Am I the only one who was expecting the Leviathan from Gears of War to be on this list? Also Slaughterfish, annoying little bastards.

Neptune?

I'm loving Top 5 with Kevin.

I vote that Bob is the best, why? He tasted pretty good... ;)

KDR_11k:

captain_dalan:

The Dopefish lives!

He deserved at least an honorable mention. He may not be evil... but he's dope. *90's guitar solo*

Hmm, I don't think I have played any of those. From the games I have played I would probably include the fish in the lake in RE4. Just seems like one of those moments.

But clearly, by far and away the most evilest fishes I have encountered in video games are the GHOST FISH in Ninja Gaiden. No contest.

I remember you could kill lurker sharks if you jump-attacked at just the right time. They were still did a lot to reinforce the notion that swimming in adventure games was a bad idea in general.

Oh man, Bob. I remember his level from the 1st Earthworm Jim because it was so damn hard! Navigating those tunnels in that puny little bubble sub broke many a controller.

Okay, I know they're not technically fish and they're more annoying than evil but...
screw Tentacool, seriously...

How the heck did you miss the Dopefish from Commander Keen? It's practically a mascot for PC gaming.

The Random One:

KDR_11k:

captain_dalan:

The Dopefish lives!

He deserved at least an honorable mention. He may not be evil... but he's dope. *90's guitar solo*

Maybe not evil, but definitely dangerous. Then again, damn near everything is dangerous for a One Hit Point Wonder like Commander Keen.

Aptspire:
Gyorg in MM, and the Shark in Banjo-Kazooie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd95kek_ot4

The Banjo Kazooie sharks scared the crap out me. Then I realized I could kill them.

Now I would like to nominate this guy:

I hated this boss fight with a fiery passion.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here